Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 74
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:08:02 AM EDT
[#1]
That's simply trying to stem the flow of refund calls to keep the ship afloat another day.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 1:00:26 PM EDT
[#2]
So not even close to being ready.

& all they admit to is that it needs more testing.  So leaves them open to say testing results were not as desired & they need to apply some minor "tweaks" to whatever parts.  Give more time to get new replacement parts.  Then "test" those parts...  repeat.

"+2 more weeks"
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 4:21:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Weeks Moar2
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 5:29:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Just whipped this up, OC

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#5]
So here is a legitimate question: did they really think they could make a bullpup that does not fall to the typical limitations of the type?

Would a more competent company be able to take their design and make it into something good?

I handled some of their other rifles, and haven't been disappointed... except for the weight.

Either way, this thing is dead.

The question is will they ship a few examples only to be crucified for severe QC issues, or will they just run off with customers' money.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:09:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Why can't it be both???  
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 8:19:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

That guy is going to be severely disappointed.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 9:04:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That guy is going to be severely disappointed.
View Quote
We're gonna need a bigger Coma!
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 3:47:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Medically induce it. And try again in 2-3 years.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 10:02:53 PM EDT
[#11]
There is some activity on Oakland Tactical's facebook page
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, looks like DT shipped one rifle - as they're still "testing" the parts. Good luck to buyer number one.
Link Posted: 7/22/2017 11:35:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Oakland tactical took the photo back down from their Instagram from what I can tell.

It's still in the background of another video.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oakland tactical took the photo back down from their Instagram from what I can tell.

It's still in the background of another video.
View Quote
DT probably told them to lol
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#15]
The weight of the rifle has increased again (for the third time), to 8.67lbs

https://deserttech.com/product_overview.php?product_id=4&load=product_overview

The rifle was initially supposed to be 7.4 lbs

At the beginning of the year, the weight increased to  8.35 lbs.
(if you remember back in March https://www.facebook.com/deserttechHQ/posts/1430590936971644)

And now, according to the figures added this week on the website, its weight seems to have increased unannounced again to 8.67lbs.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 3:53:59 PM EDT
[#16]
must be all the extra paint on the parts they cant get.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:02:55 PM EDT
[#17]
I was told that Oakland has the first production mdr and they're expecting shipments to start in the next week or 2. The first fde 308 they get may be mine as apparently no one ahead of me ordered a 308.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 4:05:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I wonder if the weight includes a red dot and mount. Don't these come with small red dots?

The 5.56 version might be heavier with the smaller bore. By the time you guys put your flashlights, bipod, lasers, magnifier and can opener, we're looking at a 10-12 pound rifle.
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And now, according to the figures added this week on the website, its weight seems to have increased unannounced again to 8.67lbs.
View Quote
"Pound for pound, we will put the MDR head to head against any other modular .308-only bullpup rifle with between 1 and 10 MOA accuracy (not-inclusive) that has had buyers on the hook for multiple years and believe the new more solid bolt-carrier groups will be appreciated by our dedicated customers who demand uncompromised reliability from their imaginary rifles, weve been able to deliver this increased wait WITHOUT further price increases, proving once again that PT Barnum said it best." -Next DT press release
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 7:28:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

"Pound for pound, we will put the MDR head to head against any other modular .308-only bullpup rifle with between 1 and 10 MOA accuracy (not-inclusive) that has had buyers on the hook for multiple years and believe the new more solid bolt-carrier groups will be appreciated by our dedicated customers who demand uncompromised reliability from their imaginary rifles, weve been able to deliver this increased wait WITHOUT further price increases, proving once again that PT Barnum said it best." -Next DT press release
View Quote
This made me lol are you sure the additional weight isn't coming from the increased amount of bullshit now covering the rifle? Or maybe its the weight of expectation and disappointment of a once excited potential customer base?
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 9:35:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Shit, I thought this was actually a press release from them
Link Posted: 7/24/2017 10:54:46 PM EDT
[#22]
The way desert tech has handled this is bs but the weight thing still doesn't bother me. The closest two weapons to this on the market currently, to me are the lmt mws(for barrel swap ability)and keltec rfb(308 bullpup)and they weigh 10.2 and 8.1lbs. I had a rfb, still have the mws. The quick caliber change capability is going to come at the cost of weight, I can't see a way around that.

The thing that does give me pause is that it seems the hand guard needs to be removed to adjust the gas system and idk about anyone else but mine will have a dbal a3, d2, a4 or mawl on the rail so I worry about how solid that is and if the rail returns to "zero"
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:29:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Figure they'll pop one or two out just so they can buy more time with the "they are shipping" line.
Link Posted: 7/25/2017 12:31:06 PM EDT
[#24]
The weeks are 2 Moar!
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 3:54:28 AM EDT
[#25]
After seeing that Oakland Tactical has received at least one MDR I am feeling better.  I really believe they should start releasing them out into the wild soon.  Desert Tech has some new pictures up on their website of it as well.  https://deserttech.com/product_overview.php?product_id=4&load=gallery
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 8:58:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Figure they'll pop one or two out just so they can buy more time with the "they are shipping" line.
View Quote
Yup.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
After seeing that Oakland Tactical has received at least one MDR I am feeling better.  I really believe they should start releasing them out into the wild soon.  Desert Tech has some new pictures up on their website of it as well.  https://deserttech.com/product_overview.php?product_id=4&load=gallery
View Quote
Well at least their CAD/graphics guys are getting pretty good.  Unless the thing is 95% tail heavy

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:10:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
I had thought the same thing, but now word is that this was one of the few pre-production units, and they in fact still haven't shipped any. I do feel they're finally starting to get close though, but I don't know if they're actually close or getting better at their '2 more weeks' schtick given how vocal their critics were getting.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 10:53:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Well at least their CAD/graphics guys are getting pretty good.  Unless the thing is 95% tail heavy

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173511/mdr-263247.JPG
View Quote
I was gonna say, damn, look at that center of gravity, right at the back edge of the magazine, haha.
Link Posted: 7/26/2017 11:09:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I was gonna say, damn, look at that center of gravity, right at the back edge of the magazine, haha.
View Quote
It's part of the secret special sauce anti-grav levitation technology that DT's been working on for so long.  That's why they were delayed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2017 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#31]
 I don't know.. looked like the background was photoshopped in and the rifle pic was real, especially in the close ups but what the hell do I know .  I'm getting my rifle soon damn it and that is the story I am sticking with!
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 3:13:48 PM EDT
[#32]
we should do a pool on what the next delay will be 3 days and counting.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 8:26:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I had thought the same thing, but now word is that this was one of the few pre-production units, and they in fact still haven't shipped any. I do feel they're finally starting to get close though, but I don't know if they're actually close or getting better at their '2 more weeks' schtick given how vocal their critics were getting.
View Quote
It wasn't a pre-production rifle, it was a production rifle.
Link Posted: 7/29/2017 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It wasn't a pre-production rifle, it was a production rifle.
View Quote
If so good, hopefully they can hurry and get these things out the door before they add any more weight or MSRP.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#35]
I talked to a couple desert tech guys face to face today, and handled the MDR. It feels very heavy in the rear when holding it, but once you shoulder it, it feels fine. The operating is comfortable, and the trigger is pretty decent. It doesn't feel cheap or flimsy in any way.

I asked him "So is it going to be released this year?"

He said "Possibly as early as next week, this rifle is a full production rifle and ready to go, this is the first full product in rifle we've had at a show."

I said "I don't want to say I've heard that before, but I've heard next month quite a few times."

Him, "Yeah but this one is fully ready, I don't see much that will hold us back"
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#36]
So with a full Mag is it gonna be Super A$$ Heavy?
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 11:36:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So with a full Mag is it gonna be Super A$ Heavy?
View Quote
Yes, I've never handled a bullpup rifle, but this was very tail heavy. With a 20-25rd 308 mag it's gonna be insane.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 1:26:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yes, I've never handled a bullpup rifle, but this was very tail heavy. With a 20-25rd 308 mag it's gonna be insane.
View Quote
All Bullpups are back heavy even without the mags. They all feel heavy until you start shooting them, but the front is so light it makes them very fast on target, and, the mag, while it adds weight, is in the center of the gun, so it helps balance it out, and doesn't feel that much heavier. Now, with a full mag of .308, that might drag it down a bit in comparison to 5.56.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#39]
It's gonna be heavy. I have no doubts about it. I just weighed a full 20rd pmag, trijicon accupower 1-8 in adm mount, and surefire sps 300 suppressor and came out with 4lbs 12oz. With a sling I'm sure it'll be around 5lbs I'll be adding to the listed weight.
Link Posted: 7/30/2017 7:34:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's gonna be heavy. I have no doubts about it. I just weighed a full 20rd pmag, trijicon accupower 1-8 in adm mount, and surefire sps 300 suppressor and came out with 4lbs 12oz. With a sling I'm sure it'll be around 5lbs I'll be adding to the listed weight.
View Quote
DAYUMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 9:47:47 PM EDT
[#41]
So what's the latest "Concrete" information as to shipping date......
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
So what's the latest "Concrete" information as to shipping date......
View Quote
Two weaks Brah!

https://www.facebook.com/deserttechHQ/videos/1597322210298515/
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Copied from their facebook even though I am officially out of the group buy, just can't get excited about 308 at the moment.

Dear Valued Customers,
I’m sure everyone is eager to receive our monthly update for August and I know you are all expecting me to say it will take another week or so before we can ship the first batch of MDR’s but unfortunately that won’t be the case. In truth we held our MDR launch party on July 21 and delivered the first production MDR to Derek Johnson from Texas. Derek waited on the phone on hold with our office for several hours to be the very first person to order an MDR. We will be sharing the MDR launch video with everyone late next week after marketing finishes compiling it.

We spent several weeks testing samples of the final production guns to ensure there were no reliability or endurance problems and we are happy to report they are flawless! We are very pleased with the MDR’s performance and I know everyone else will be too. The first batch of MDR’s will start shipping this week and the remainder of the batch will all be shipped by the end of next week. The color mix of this first batch is 60% FDE and 40% Black. Every batch will be split up proportionally between dealers and end users based on when they placed their orders. We have dealers and end users who jumped on board in the beginning and we are sticking to that priority schedule until we fulfill the entire backlog. I would expect it will take us 6-8 months to catch up on the backlog as we are continually receiving new orders daily and I’m sure that will increase substantially once the rifles hit the stores.

Truth-fully I am very excited to say this will be our last monthly MDR update because the product has officially launched and from this point on we will be continually producing and shipping MDR batches as quickly as possible. For those who placed their orders on our website you can login and check for delivery updates on your orders. Dealers can call and check with their sales representative. The 5.56 is pushed out due to the .308 delays, when we know more details on timing for the 5.56 we will provide an update.

I truly appreciate those fans and customers who didn’t lose faith in our team, I hope the nay-sayers will change their tune when they get their hands on MDR’s at their local dealers.
The MDR launch took much longer than we predicted, and it was a very painful journey for us at Desert Tech. Lastly, I want to express my sincere gratitude to my staff members who hung in there with me for this bumpy ride because not a lot of people could stomach the hard work and harassment that we went through to get the MDR to market and their loyalty and hard work is above price!

Sincerely

Nicholas Young
CEO Desert Tech, LLC
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 5:47:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Copied from their facebook even though I am officially out of the group buy, just can't get excited about 308 at the moment.

Dear Valued Customers,
I’m sure everyone is eager to receive our monthly update for August and I know you are all expecting me to say it will take another week or so before we can ship the first batch of MDR’s but unfortunately that won’t be the case. In truth we held our MDR launch party on July 21 and delivered the first production MDR to Derek Johnson from Texas. Derek waited on the phone on hold with our office for several hours to be the very first person to order an MDR. We will be sharing the MDR launch video with everyone late next week after marketing finishes compiling it.

We spent several weeks testing samples of the final production guns to ensure there were no reliability or endurance problems and we are happy to report they are flawless! We are very pleased with the MDR’s performance and I know everyone else will be too. The first batch of MDR’s will start shipping this week and the remainder of the batch will all be shipped by the end of next week. The color mix of this first batch is 60% FDE and 40% Black. Every batch will be split up proportionally between dealers and end users based on when they placed their orders. We have dealers and end users who jumped on board in the beginning and we are sticking to that priority schedule until we fulfill the entire backlog. I would expect it will take us 6-8 months to catch up on the backlog as we are continually receiving new orders daily and I’m sure that will increase substantially once the rifles hit the stores.

Truth-fully I am very excited to say this will be our last monthly MDR update because the product has officially launched and from this point on we will be continually producing and shipping MDR batches as quickly as possible. For those who placed their orders on our website you can login and check for delivery updates on your orders. Dealers can call and check with their sales representative. The 5.56 is pushed out due to the .308 delays, when we know more details on timing for the 5.56 we will provide an update.

I truly appreciate those fans and customers who didn’t lose faith in our team, I hope the nay-sayers will change their tune when they get their hands on MDR’s at their local dealers.
The MDR launch took much longer than we predicted, and it was a very painful journey for us at Desert Tech. Lastly, I want to express my sincere gratitude to my staff members who hung in there with me for this bumpy ride because not a lot of people could stomach the hard work and harassment that we went through to get the MDR to market and their loyalty and hard work is above price!

Sincerely

Nicholas Young
CEO Desert Tech, LLC
View Quote
TWO WEEKS
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Well i guess now my group buy wait begins
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:08:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well i guess now my group buy wait begins
View Quote
Ditto.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#47]
Title updated.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:25:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Dear Valued Customers,

Sincerely

Nicholas Young
CEO Desert Tech, LLC
View Quote
DEREK FROM TEXAS!

I KNOW YOU'RE HERE. I CAN FEEL IT.

Share your impressions man.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:40:05 PM EDT
[#49]
They would finally start shipping them after I blow 1600 bucks on handguns! Oh well, it sounds like they have several months of backorders, may as well save back up while awaiting some reviews.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:42:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

DEREK FROM TEXAS!

I KNOW YOU'RE HERE. I CAN FEEL IT.

Share your impressions man.
View Quote
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top