Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2015 11:52:40 AM EDT
Interesting Firearms Blog review on the X95. This was with the full auto, not for civvies version. Still, it's a good write-up, the good and the so-so.
The author sees no reason for a 16" barreled version of this gun, but I'd have no problem with an extra 3" of barrel sticking out of the gun. There's a pic in the article of a 16" barreled X95. It looks just fine to me.
I'm a bit surprised how much more compact the X95 is compared to a standard Tavor.
Actually, even with a 16" barrel, will the X95 be a legal length 26"?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2015/09/25/iwi-x95-goodness/?utm_source=Newsletter&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2015-09-29&utm_campaign=Weekly+Newsletter

For whatever reason, the Tavor never interested me and I love bullpups. But the X95 has my full attention.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 7:47:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting write up. I'm still on the fence if i'd factory sbr this thing or get it in a 16" barrel version. I love my Tavor but having a little brother in the stable couldn't hurt...well except for my wallet and my marriage.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 8:07:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the X95 will push me to buy into the Tavor family.  SBR all the way....it is how it was meant to be.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:08:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep I can't wait for this to hit the market will be all over it... One for me, wife and all the kids.... Better start saving....
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 10:12:33 PM EDT
[#4]

X95 = FACTORY SBR (for me)

Nothing would make me get rid of my Tavor though.

Once the X95 hits the market ...will probably be the time my Steyr AUG and I part ways....

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 2:22:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I certainly understand that the 13" SBR is 'the way to go'.  That being said, will it really be worth the 3"?  Especially if one could chop to 14.7" and pin/weld a FH on.  Sorta like how no one cares to SBR a regular Tavor in order to get it to the "correct" 15" Barrel Length.

I feel like if I was going to SBR it, I would want a way to chop it under 13", especially in a blowback 9mm version with a suppressor sticking out the handguard.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:06:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Even with a 16" barrel will it meet the 26" OAL requirement?

The tavor needs a 16.5" barrel to meet it, and I think the x95 is even shorter.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 4:10:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Factory SBR or bust.

Like others said, I'd buy not just one, but multiples for the family.

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 4:15:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I certainly understand that the 13" SBR is 'the way to go'.  That being said, will it really be worth the 3"?  Especially if one could chop to 14.7" and pin/weld a FH on.  Sorta like how no one cares to SBR a regular Tavor in order to get it to the "correct" 15" Barrel Length.

I feel like if I was going to SBR it, I would want a way to chop it under 13", especially in a blowback 9mm version with a suppressor sticking out the handguard.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's more than 3".  Tavor to X95 is more than 5 inches total overall length.  And when the Tavor isn't exactly big to begin with, that 5"+ is drastic.  X95 offers true carbine-length functionality in a PDW sized package.  

Quoted:
Even with a 16" barrel will it meet the 26" OAL requirement?

The tavor needs a 16.5" barrel to meet it, and I think the x95 is even shorter.

Exactly.  It would still be under 26".  They'd have to add a 17in barrel, together with some sort of permanently attached longer buttpad, etc. for it to be non-SBR.

For what it's worth though, most rifles have that extra half inch beyond 16".
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 6:28:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a 9mm and 5.55 Tavor.  To get me to buy the X95 it would have to be an SBR.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 7:38:55 AM EDT
[#10]
For everyone clamoring for a factory SBR, how many factory SBR's do you own now?

Factory SBR's don't seem to be very popular.
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 11:56:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
For everyone clamoring for a factory SBR, how many factory SBR's do you own now?

View Quote

Zero.  I have a decent stamp collection though.

The reason you don't see many is that there have been essentially none offered.  

Recently there's been a growing selection of ARs which is getting to be respectable, a couple of Sig offerings, but honestly those don't appeal at all to me.  What else is there... Kriss Vector?
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think the X95 will push me to buy into the Tavor family.  SBR all the way....it is how it was meant to be.
View Quote

Me too. I had a Tavor, but couldn't warm up to it - the balance just felt "off" to me. YMMV
Link Posted: 10/1/2015 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#13]
When I see the Israelis using the X95 sometimes there is a suppressor. Any idea if these will be suppressor friendly straight from the factory vs the Tavor.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I love my Tavor, but the X-95 does nothing for me.

Nice to have options though.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 8:59:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Recently there's been a growing selection of ARs which is getting to be respectable, a couple of Sig offerings, but honestly those don't appeal at all to me.  What else is there... Kriss Vector?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are quite a few Colt factory SBR's.
Link Posted: 10/3/2015 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Daniel Defense has a few as well.

Link Posted: 10/4/2015 12:28:04 PM EDT
[#17]
As does LMT, one of which I have.
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#18]
For this particular firearm I would want a factory SBR option simply because I would hate trying to figure out an acceptable place to engrave the sucker.  

At least the Tavor had large enough vents where you could get away with barrel engraving, but from what I've seen of the X95, that's probably not going to work.

Could always dremel open the Serial Number window, I guess
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
For this particular firearm I would want a factory SBR option simply because I would hate trying to figure out an acceptable place to engrave the sucker.  

At least the Tavor had large enough vents where you could get away with barrel engraving, but from what I've seen of the X95, that's probably not going to work.

Could always dremel open the Serial Number window, I guess
View Quote

Yep!

It'll be prettier, not require you to cut any barrels, do any engraving, etc.  

Would be tuned and ready to go straight out of the box
Link Posted: 10/5/2015 5:58:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
As does LMT, one of which I have.

Yeah like I said, there are a bunch of AR factory SBRs if you want one.  If you want something else, the pickings are slim.  Also not mentioned:  Noveske, Larue, Rock River, Spikes, AAC, BCM, and probably others too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top