Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2015 7:35:17 AM EDT
Is there a break in on this part?
I'm coming from my aug having a neu trigger and this is noticeably...jerkier, less smooth.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 12:50:15 AM EDT
[#1]
None that I'm aware of.  I've had the 2020 in mine for some time with quite a few rounds through it, and it's the same feeling and condition as when I installed it...smooth, clean break.  I've never tried the NT, so I have no comparison.  I'm very happy with the dramatic improvement of the 2020 over the OEM trigger.  Are you sure you got the install procedure correct?  Though not rocket science, the procedure has a little bit of complication in the trigger pack.
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I'm coming from my aug having a neu trigger and this is noticeably...jerkier, less smooth.
Thanks
View Quote

It shouldn't be jerky, and there isn't a break in for it either. I can't think of what could cause that problem, no other modifications on the A3 pack except for this 2020 part?
Link Posted: 9/29/2015 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#3]
No sir.
Things have been strained around here with the sammichmaker with a broken ankle and all.
I sent the aug off with a buddy of mine for a laser sightin so we'll see.
I've shot maybe 5-8 rounds with it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2015 12:26:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Thanks
View Quote

I know exactly what you mean. I recently removed the Neu trigger and K&M Aerospace lighteneing from my Aug and replaced it with the 2020 sear and stock spring bar. The shorter length of pull and short re-set are immediately noticeable however it is grittier and does not break crisp like an aftermarket AR trigger. The polished stainless neu trigger has a better coefficient of friction compared to the anodized aluminum sear so it feels smoother. Another difference is the neu trigger does not have a sharp edge to make it "break". With the rounded edge it just rolls off. With the K&M and Neu trigger I was getting a 4.5lb trigger pull. It was really smooth and light and just rolled off the sear. Different than most triggers but actually really nice. Being so smooth you could shoot it accurately (for a battle type rifle) and I got a lot of positive comments on the trigger. The 2020 sear would be a much better product if it had a ground steel contact surface as well as the hammer having the same. It is better than the stock part. Maybe someone will make a complete trigger for the AUG one day.

Link Posted: 9/30/2015 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for your response 1HeavyMetal.
I know what I felt but I also know how inexperienced I am!

I'm going to write surfnken and see if he can help me/us out.
I bought two sears since I also have a cqc; I want them both set up pretty much the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top