Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2015 11:23:29 AM EDT
Could a straight pull action AUG be imported to the US? It's not a semi automatic.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:00:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I am thinking yes based off of the Romanian PAR-1 pump AKs that came in during the AWB. AFAIK they were 100% romanian parts. All of the 922r stuff shouldn't come into play as it isn't a semiauto and from the pictures I have seen it doesn't even have a gas block.

eta: the blocks (for lack of a better word) shown in pics seemed to be identical to those on the 9mm Aug barrels.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 10:38:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Just import it with a blanked off gas plug. Bam! Straight pull.

AJ
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 1:08:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I am thinking yes based off of the Romanian PAR-1 pump AKs that came in during the AWB. AFAIK they were 100% romanian parts. All of the 922r stuff shouldn't come into play as it isn't a semiauto and from the pictures I have seen it doesn't even have a gas block.

eta: the blocks (for lack of a better word) shown in pics seemed to be identical to those on the 9mm Aug barrels.
View Quote

I think my chances are good. Going to try to get one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Would love it if someone would make an AUG and Tavor w/o a gas system, so they would be CT legal.  Of course a pump action would be a MUCH better solution!  Sven, are you interested?
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#6]
That sounds unpleasant to me though.  The AUG isn't the worlds easiest gun to cock - the damned hammer spring is ridiculous.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:16:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That sounds unpleasant to me though.  The AUG isn't the worlds easiest gun to cock - the damned hammer spring is ridiculous.
View Quote

I believe the Brits (experts in dealing with a total ban on semi-autos) use an enlarged charging handle, to provide more leverage.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:23:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Set a standard one on grenade setting and you get the same effect.
View Quote

It's not the "effect" I'm wanting...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, but it might be a nifty way to get a modern Austrian receiver and barrel.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 5:51:46 PM EDT
[#10]
A semi-auto converted over to a straight pull manual repeater?  Oh my God, that sounds horrible!  No thanks, I'll pass!
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 6:55:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I believe the naysayers are missing the point. An AUG imported with a barrel that has no gas port is a manually operated rifle - 922(r) and 925(d)3 do not apply. This would allow importation of a 100% Austrian made AUG. The big question is whether adding a standard barrel will require 922(r) compliant parts to be added. It would also allow importation of Austrian barrels which could be later drilled for their gas port. Maleante, if you end up doing this, I'd love one. I'll email you off the boards to discuss.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 9:07:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The big question is whether adding a standard barrel will require 922(r) compliant parts to be added.
View Quote

I don't see why it would NOT - you'd be manufacturing a semi-automatic rifle meeting the definition and you'd be using non-US parts to do so - thus you'd be constrained by 922(r) AFAIK.

Sure, it's a way to get the parts into the US legally and yes, there are ways to build a 922(r) compliant AUG around an Austrian receiver, but I too do not see the appeal beyond the "That's cool!" factor of having a unique AUG variant.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't see why it would NOT - you'd be manufacturing a semi-automatic rifle meeting the definition and you'd be using non-US parts to do so - thus you'd be constrained by 922(r) AFAIK.

Sure, it's a way to get the parts into the US legally and yes, there are ways to build a 922(r) compliant AUG around an Austrian receiver, but I too do not see the appeal beyond the "That's cool!" factor of having a unique AUG variant.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The big question is whether adding a standard barrel will require 922(r) compliant parts to be added.

The appeal to all of us stuck behind the lines in CT and NY is, the possibility of owning an AUG, even in a highly neutered example!
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 10:27:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The appeal to all of us stuck behind the lines in CT and NY is, the possibility of owning an AUG, even in a highly neutered example!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look me up if you come to Texas.  (well, unless you behave like a CT or NY person that is).
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 7:52:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

http://lisajennettwood.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/motivation-and-inspiration-1.jpg
Look me up if you come to Texas.  (well, unless you behave like a CT or NY person that is).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://lisajennettwood.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/motivation-and-inspiration-1.jpg

lazyengineer

Thanks for the kind offer!

But remember this, not all residents of CT or NY are the liberal assholes that grab all the attention.  Unfortunately, ALL of our 4-5 major cities have been taken over by liberals, and that is enough votes to keep the Democrats firmly in power.  There rest of us shake our heads, cast votes that will be overpowered by the liberals, and look for ways to get out of this state.

And NY is schizophrenic, much like CA.  Look at a map of NY.  Find I-84.  Most everyone north of that highway are on the right side of the political spectrum.  Just like the people of northern CA are totally different than the hotbed of lunatic liberalism that is southern CA.  

And on a gun note.  Remember, almost EVERY firearms manufacturer in the country started here.  But the Democrats, through their restrictive laws, and anti-business policies, have driven them out of the state (like a vast majority of other business).  And, we have a pretty well established gun culture here.  I believe we are the third largest state when it comes to NFA firearms ownership.  Of course, the Democrats are working on changing all that.

My point is, while I may not have identical views as you guys in TX,  I don't believe you would throw me out of your local bar for being a "damned Yankee"!

I still want an AUG and Tavor!  Please!  Someone come out with a straight pull or pump action model of each!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top