Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2015 2:12:56 PM EDT
Shot ZQI, and Federal 5.56, and Fed 223 bulk.
Groups were from 1 3/4 to 4 inches.
Gun functioned great and it was fun, but I was expecting a more consistant 2 inches or less.
I've also noticed there is a tiny amount of wiggle between the barrel and reciever, which I've read is not uncommon.
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 3:29:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot more...
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 10:26:39 PM EDT
[#2]
2 inches or less consistently is asking a lot of that ammo you listed.

Maybe try some better ammo..
Link Posted: 8/5/2015 11:38:22 PM EDT
[#3]
ammo, rifle  <--- ignore if link, bogus spam hot-links inserted by AR15.com

Congrats on your new AUG, great gun!  I have one as well, and you can see the accuracy results I'm getting in my postings "So I got an AUG."

Frankly, I'm pretty amazed you got a 1.75 MOA group with the ammunition you indicate, and suspect that was a fluke, not likely to be oft repeated.  Truth of the matter is, all of that ammo is poor accuracy ball.  I don't recommend those for anything other than emergency "it's what they had at walmart and I'm just going blasting in a quarry" level shooting.  

For quality affordable ball, I suggest Wolf Gold 55 ball - currently the best bang for your buck, especially considering it's even cheaper than what you have, and capable of better than 2 MOA accuracy out of that AUG fairly reliably.  It can be had for $300/1000 - delivered (Target Sports).

Hope this helps.

Link Posted: 8/6/2015 1:52:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I didn't see or missed what optic might be involved with the OP's results.  That might be somewhat of a factor.  I have red dots on my AUG and Tavor because that's more appropriate for my intended use of the these two rifles.  Two to four MOA is all I think I can expect with these rifles shooting XM193 and similar.  lazy engineer, on ball/military FMJ in general, however, I'm not sure that lousy accuracy is always the case.  A couple of weeks ago I was getting .5-1.0 MOA out of PMC Bronze .308 FMJBT in a 20" barrel Armalite with a 3X9 Burris E1.  I was a little surprised.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 8:53:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I didn't see or missed what optic might be involved with the OP's results.  That might be somewhat of a factor.  I have red dots on my AUG and Tavor because that's more appropriate for my intended use of the these two rifles.  Two to four MOA is all I think I can expect with these rifles shooting XM193 and similar.  lazy engineer, on ball/military FMJ in general, however, I'm not sure that lousy accuracy is always the case.  A couple of weeks ago I was getting .5-1.0 MOA out of PMC Bronze .308 FMJBT in a 20" barrel Armalite with a 3X9 Burris E1.  I was a little surprised.
View Quote

Running the 3x factory optic.
Anyone want to chime in on the slight wiggle of the barrel?
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:00:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How slight is slight? and are you sure it's the barrel and not the VFG?  My VFG has a little wiggle to it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How slight is slight? and are you sure it's the barrel and not the VFG?  My VFG has a little wiggle to it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. The way the cone of the barrel latch interfaces with the gas block makes for a very secure and repeatable lockup.

I'd try heavier weight ammo too. My best results have been with 75 and 77gr match ammo.

AJ
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Shot ZQI, and Federal 5.56, and Fed 223 bulk.
Groups were from 1 3/4 to 4 inches.
Gun functioned great and it was fun, but I was expecting a more consistant 2 inches or less.
I've also noticed there is a tiny amount of wiggle between the barrel and reciever, which I've read is not uncommon.
View Quote

Consistent 2" would have more to do with you than the gun+ammo.

Here's a quick test I did a few months ago and took pics. I have the 3x optic.

16" barrel at 100yds onto a regular 8.5x11 piece of copy paper that I put 1" bullseyes on.. L-R is Carl Gustav 855, Lake City 855, and Wolf Gold 55gr.

Now with the 20" barrel

Link Posted: 8/9/2015 2:11:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can just feel it and hear it, but not see it.
It is the barrel and not the grip.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 4:32:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Describe what movement and in which direction.
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#11]
is it barrel/receiver movement or receiver/stock movement?  my A1 has had a good amount of movement (up-down, left-right, in-out) between the receiver and stock since i got it in the 90's but accuracy has never suffered
Link Posted: 8/9/2015 11:55:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

If I pinch hy thumb and index finger on edge of the reciever where the gas block/barrel meets, and grasp the flash hider with the other hand and wiggle it in pretty much any way, I feel movement in the connection.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 1:14:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If I pinch hy thumb and index finger on edge of the reciever where the gas block/barrel meets, and grasp the flash hider with the other hand and wiggle it in pretty much any way, I feel movement in the connection.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

no that doesn't sound normal
are you sure you have properly locked in the barrel all the way? (It snaps into place and locks in very tight)
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 12:35:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remove your BBL.  In the front of your receiver is a conical plunger which you use to remove the barrel.  That plunger is on a heavy spring and contained in a small cylinder, mounted there below the front of the receiver.  Grab the tip of that plunger, and wiggle it side to side.  Does it have much play?   If the tolerance in that is very loose, then it probably means your lock up will be loose as well.

As to your accuracy, return to the range with a spectrum of the most expensive ammo your local store has, with weights between 55 and 75 gr.  Do not bring Wolf Steel, or anything 62 gr.  Do not bring ZQI.  Do not bring anything Federal.  Do not bring any 55 gr ball.  Fold up the front grip, and rest the rifle on sandbags that touch only the front of the hand-guard, not the front pistol grip or BBL in any way.

Fire three 5 shot groups.  Do not discard flyers.  If you KNOW you botched a shot (not just think it.. maybe), then discard the entire affected 5 shot string and redo.  Too many people discard flyers saying "oh that's just me", and then just look at the remaining 4 shots.   Fire no less than 3 five shot groups.  Measure extreme spread.  Average all 3.  If any one brand of ammo is less than 2.5 MOA, your gun is acceptable.  If more than one ammo averages less than 2 MOA, then your gun is very much just fine.  

If not, something is amiss.

Without seeing your gun (and you shooting it), I can't tell if you are having unrealistic expectations based on internet shooting postings (most here are either very skilled riflemen who are also good at proper preparation; or cherry pick their results for their postings; or both),  Or if there is something wrong with your rifle.

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Remove your BBL.  In the front of your receiver is a conical plunger which you use to remove the barrel.  That plunger is on a heavy spring and contained in a small cylinder, mounted there below the front of the receiver.  Grab the tip of that plunger, and wiggle it side to side.  Does it have much play?   If the tolerance in that is very loose, then it probably means your lock up will be loose as well.

As to your accuracy, return to the range with a spectrum of the most expensive ammo your local store has, with weights between 55 and 75 gr.  Do not bring Wolf Steel, or anything 62 gr.  Do not bring ZQI.  Do not bring anything Federal.  Do not bring any 55 gr ball.  Fold up the front grip, and rest the rifle on sandbags that touch only the front of the hand-guard, not the front pistol grip or BBL in any way.

Fire three 5 shot groups.  Do not discard flyers.  If you KNOW you botched a shot (not just think it.. maybe), then discard the entire affected 5 shot string and redo.  Too many people discard flyers saying "oh that's just me", and then just look at the remaining 4 shots.   Fire no less than 3 five shot groups.  Measure extreme spread.  Average all 3.  If any one brand of ammo is less than 2.5 MOA, your gun is acceptable.  If more than one ammo averages less than 2 MOA, then your gun is very much just fine.  

Without seeing your gun (and you shooting it), I can't tell if you are having unrealistic expectations based on internet shooting postings (most here are either very skilled riflemen who are also good at proper preparation; or cherry pick their results for their postings; or both),  Or if there is something wrong with your rifle.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

he is mostly likely feeling a little movement between the receiver and the stock.  it's normal.  my A1 does it A LOT and as you've seen, it groups very well

it seems premature to be thinking something is wrong with the gun based on ones first time out with a totally different way of use than what one is used to.  practice, practice, practice.  start at 50yds until you get more familiar with the AUG then move to 100yds and then further if you can.  have other shooters try it also

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:14:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

he is mostly likely feeling a little movement between the receiver and the stock.  it's normal.  my A1 does it A LOT and as you've seen, it groups very well

it seems premature to be thinking something is wrong with the gun based on ones first time out with a totally different way of use than what one is used to.  practice, practice, practice.  start at 50yds until you get more familiar with the AUG then move to 100yds and then further if you can.  have other shooters try it also

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope, it is the barrel.
I've shot it from the bench a few times now and like it, but I still see a group here and there that makes me wonder.
A few have been stringing horizontal at 100 yards, but I've had 50 yard groups under an inch.
ZQI was shooting 2 1/2 inches this trip, but it was shooting 4 inches the last time.
I do notice that the "wiggle" almost goes away with a round in the chamber, though.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 1:15:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing to worry about.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:09:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Lazy Engineer has excellent advice on how to shoot an Aug for accuracy.
I shoot a lot, so I buy Walmart plinking ammo. ZQI claims 1 moa, that is a lie.
If there is a deal on the Internet, then I buy Wolf Gold. It is by far the best of the cheap ammo.
Wolf Gold will shoot 2 inch, five shot  groups at 100 yards with a 4 x scope on a rest from my Steyr Aug A3.
Here is a 2.5 inch group using PMC and a non magnified red dot.
My problem is that the side blast from the gas tube destroys whatever I use as a rest!

Although is great accuracy, the Aug really shines when engaging multiple targets at different distances. Or moving targets.
Out in my secret spot in the Everglades, I shoot at coconuts floating in the canal. I also run to cover and shoot.  I also shoot from the hip, while running.
My friends all laugh at me for this, but I can make torso hits  on human silhouette targets while running.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Lazy Engineer has excellent advice on how to shoot an Aug for accuracy.
I shoot a lot, so I buy Walmart plinking ammo. ZQI claims 1 moa, that is a lie.
If there is a deal on the Internet, then I buy Wolf Gold. It is by far the best of the cheap ammo.
Wolf Gold will shoot 2 inch, five shot  groups at 100 yards with a 4 x scope on a rest from my Steyr Aug A3.
Here is a 2.5 inch group using PMC and a non magnified red dot.
My problem is that the side blast from the gas tube destroys whatever I use as a rest!

Although is great accuracy, the Aug really shines when engaging multiple targets at different distances. Or moving targets.
Out in my secret spot in the Everglades, I shoot at coconuts floating in the canal. I also run to cover and shoot.  I also shoot from the hip, while running.
My friends all laugh at me for this, but I can make torso hits  on human silhouette targets while running.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Shot my Aug M1 3 power suppressed and unsuppressed.  Got it  under 1 moa 100 yards with Hornady 55 grain vmax and HPR 60 grain vmax 5 shots each.
PPU 75 grain match, Federal 77 grain match, SSA 77 OTM, and Federal 50 grain varimant were all about 2 moa.
No problems at all with suppressed but a little louder then my AR.
The manticore aug deflector really saves you from scarring up your gun.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2015 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Shot my Aug M1 3 power suppressed and unsuppressed.  Got it  under 1 moa 100 yards with Hornady 55 grain vmax and HPR 60 grain vmax 5 shots each.
PPU 75 grain match, Federal 77 grain match, SSA 77 OTM, and Federal 50 grain varimant were all about 2 moa.
http://i1341.photobucket.com/albums/o756/bgross11/DSC_0081_zpszwykttvy.jpg
View Quote

Do You have the Ratworx AUG suppressor?  If so, how do you like it?
If not, what suppressor are you using?
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 1:10:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you have any of the "wiggle" in the barrel?
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Thanks
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Surefire Socom 556 can.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:13:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just checked the barrel and it dosen't wiggle at all.
Those are the ammo that my aug likes:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/877901/hpr-hyperclean-remanufactured-ammunition-223-remington-60-grain-hornady-v-max-box-of-50
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/739226/hornady-varmint-express-ammunition-223-remington-55-grain-v-max-box-of-20?cm_vc=ProductFinding
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 1:09:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Best way to test the true mechanical accuracy of your rifle is lock it in a ransom rest.

Any other way you are adding a person into the equation which is going to increase the group size.

View Quote

Mine was tested on a leadsled.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 5:29:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks

Thanks.  How much would you say the gas port exhaust of the AUG adds to the overall noise, compared with an AR?
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 6:18:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Thanks

Thanks.  How much would you say the gas port exhaust of the AUG adds to the overall noise, compared with an AR?
View Quote

I'm using the Surefire socom556 rc can.  I know it's a little louder than my AR suppressed with the surefire can.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 2:42:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Just wanted to reply that I did some more shooting today.
Bought a case of Wolf Gold and had high hopes, but that fell flat.
First group of the day at 100 yards was around an inch, and in a perfect circular group.
The rest of the groups with the Wolf Gold were in the 4" range, with a few having 4 rds in an inch, then a flyer about 4" away.
ZQI was around 2.5" to 3", and I fired my last 7 rds of Fiocchi into about 1.5".
I'm still wanting to blame the inconsistancy on that loose barrel.
Pete says it is normal, but Steyr will not answer my e-mails.
Did I get a mediocre rifle?
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 3:22:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Why not call Steyr? They keep normal business hours.

All of my calls have been promptly answered.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:29:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Why not call Steyr? They keep normal business hours.

All of my calls have been promptly answered.
View Quote

Called them.
Herbert, I think his name was, said I could send it in so they could check it out.
He said the barrels are not always tight, but they should be expected to get 2" groups consistantly.
Wonder if I should go through the hassle?
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:24:01 AM EDT
[#33]
If it will make you feel better, then you should do it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 11:50:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Indeed, please do so, and report how it goes.  I'm curious to hear how their customer service treats you, and what they find.  It's not as hard as it sounds. you don't need an FFL to ship to OR receive a rifle from a manufacture for repairs.  Ruger will send you a pre-payed label, and then ship the repaired gun directly to your door (all with usually less than 2 weeks turnaround).  No charge.

I'm curious how Steyr measures up to that standard.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 12:31:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Indeed, please do so, and report how it goes.  I'm curious to hear how their customer service treats you, and what they find.  It's not as hard as it sounds. you don't need an FFL to ship to OR receive a rifle from a manufacture for repairs.  Ruger will send you a pre-payed label, and then ship the repaired gun directly to your door (all with usually less than 2 weeks turnaround).  No charge.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did it, it was easy. I had one of the new M1's with the canted reticle. I called and they sent me a pre-paid box to put the receiver(the serial # marked "gun") in and I sent it to them. A week later they sent it to my door. NO FFL anything.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 2:47:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Herbert, I think his name was, said I could send it in so they could check it out.
He said the barrels are not always tight, but they should be expected to get 2" groups consistantly.
Wonder if I should go through the hassle?
View Quote

Go for it - given how bent out of shape you are by it (NOT a criticism btw) you should definitely have them look it over.  If they send back a 1 MOA group with brand X ammo then you'll know what the gun likes.

I don't recall if you already tried Federal Gold Medal Match or something similar - I personally wouldn't blame a gun until it had refused to group GMM because that has been super accurate for me in everything I've ever tried.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 2:12:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Here is a 50 yard target shooting Wolf Gold using a 3 m o a red dot sight. These are 1.25 inch at 50 yards
Double the group sizes for a 100 yard group. that makes 2.5 inch at 100 yards.

Using a 3 moa dot, off a rest, I am getting 2.5 inch groups.
When I use 4 x magnification, I can get those down to 2 inch, five shot groups.
Perfecta, ZQI, PMC, Federal, and American Eagle will all shoot into slightly bigger groups, maybe 2.5 or 3 inches out of my Steyr Aug A3
Steel case Russian ammo like Tula and Wolf military classic open up into 4 inch groups.
The problem with all the cheap plinking ammo is the one flyer in each 5 round group that opens up the group size.
Wolf Gold s the most consistent ( therefore most accurate ) of the plinking ammo.
You should be getting similar size groups from a rest, using a magnified scope.
Has any other experienced shooter tried with the same gun? My friends with younger eyes shoot my gun better than I can
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Here is a 50 yard target shooting Wolf Gold using a 3 m o a red dot sight. These are 1.25 inch at 50 yards
Double the group sizes for a 100 yard group. that makes 2.5 inch at 100 yards.
<a href="http://s1314.photobucket.com/user/Docduracoat/media/Target%20practice/2C2A1FE2-96AB-4109-A502-1B1B88CE70E6_zpsop4glzsu.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1314.photobucket.com/albums/t571/Docduracoat/Target%20practice/2C2A1FE2-96AB-4109-A502-1B1B88CE70E6_zpsop4glzsu.jpg</a>
Using a 3 moa dot, off a rest, I am getting 2.5 inch groups.
When I use 4 x magnification, I can get those down to 2 inch, five shot groups.
Perfecta, ZQI, PMC, Federal, and American Eagle will all shoot into slightly bigger groups, maybe 2.5 or 3 inches out of my Steyr Aug A3
Steel case Russian ammo like Tula and Wolf military classic open up into 4 inch groups.
The problem with all the cheap plinking ammo is the one flyer in each 5 round group that opens up the group size.
Wolf Gold s the most consistent ( therefore most accurate ) of the plinking ammo.
You should be getting similar size groups from a rest, using a magnified scope.
Has any other experienced shooter tried with the same gun? My friends with younger eyes shoot my gun better than I can
View Quote

Nope.
I was shooting my Tikka T3 with cheap Feds along side the AUG and keeping 1" to 1 1/2" groups.
The AUG was throwing some very inconsistant and unpredictable groups with various ammo.
Anyway, the AUG is on its way to Steyr so they can look it over and check the wiggle in the barrel.
I may be expecting too much, but 4" groups at 100 yards is SKS open sight accuracy, not 3X optic 223 accuracy.
I've been shooting milsurps like Mosins, SKS's, etc for years now, so that AUG trigger doesn't bother me, but that loose fitting barrel does.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 3:53:41 PM EDT
[#39]
If you are getting anything like 2MOA or less, you are good to go.

Why try and press for performance that's outside of the high points this rifle provides?

It's very handy at short distances, in and around vehicles and other obstructions, and scores easy hits out to 3-400Y with a red dot on it.

Don't piss yourself off trying to make it something it's not when you can spend a whole lot of time enjoying what it is truly great at.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If you are getting anything like 2MOA or less, you are good to go.

Why try and press for performance that's outside of the high points this rifle provides?

It's very handy at short distances, in and around vehicles and other obstructions, and scores easy hits out to 3-400Y with a red dot on it.

Don't piss yourself off trying to make it something it's not when you can spend a whole lot of time enjoying what it is truly great at.  

View Quote

I think his frustration is sometimes his zero will just fly off, for no apparent reason.  I can't say I've never seen that happen with my AUG.  It groups well, but every once in a while, I'll do a 5 shot group and the first 2 shots will be good, and the next 3 will be like 3 MOA off to the left, for no apparent reason.  This isn't common, but can happen.  I suspect it has to do with inconsistent pressure applied to front grip and other hold inconsistencies.  Next time you are at the range, try it.  Try a 5 shot string, with the first 2 shots where neither the barrel nor the handle is touched, and all touch and support is only on the main stock.  Then rest the folded VFG (which is connected to the BBL) on the sandbag, and see if the next 3 shots are in that same group with the first 2.  I've had mixed results - sometimes yes, sometimes no.  This probably has more to do with a reasonable artifact of riflery, than a defect.  A National Match free floated AR won't be so much affected by this, and if that's the comparison, then one will be frustrated.  But then, an AUG isn't a National Match rifle with a free floated BBL, now is it.

I did a survey this weekend, where I took about 10 different ammo's and tested POI shift at 200 yards as a function of load, based on deviation from a reference load.  I will say, on one string, I did see this happen, and had to repeat the string.  (a convenient discard of accuracy data because I didn't like the result - crap science that)  

I will share the POI shift as-function-of-ammo test results shortly, in another thread.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Got the gun back from Steyr and shot it today.
They replaced the barrel with a tighter fitting one.
Still has a tiny bit of movement that I can hear, but not feel, but it is noticably tighter.
Groups today were all under three inches at 100 yards, and were much more consistant in size ( no more 1" group with a 4" flier).
Had two little quirks today I have not had before:
1st, the bolt stopped locking back on the last shot with some 223 ammo.
I did confirm it would lock back in the adverse setting, and the piston was cruddy, so maybe it will work now that I cleaned it.
2nd, I noticed while cleaning the gun that I can move the pin that holds the VFG on with my fingers, but I think the spring actually holds the pin in, so maybe it won't fall out.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 8:52:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:2nd, I noticed while cleaning the gun that I can move the pin that holds the VFG on with my fingers, but I think the spring actually holds the pin in, so maybe it won't fall out.
View Quote

Anyone else have this problem? Does the spring keep the pin in?
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:09:15 PM EDT
[#43]
55gr FMJ is not worth a damn when it comes to shooting 100 yard groups

imagine these winchester turns rapidly spinning toward your target

Get some 52gr HPBT match or VMAX varmit loads or something

Link Posted: 9/27/2015 9:55:30 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:2nd, I noticed while cleaning the gun that I can move the pin that holds the VFG on with my fingers, but I think the spring actually holds the pin in, so maybe it won't fall out.

I have 20+ AUG barrels. I've found that a couple, maybe 2 or 3 have a slightly loose pin. But as the vfg spring pin is grooved, the pin will not come out due to the tension that the spring puts on it. It takes about the same force to knock out a tighter pin as it does a looser pin because of that spring tension.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top