Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2015 1:59:38 AM EDT
Hello all, I'm trying to find some information on this rail.

I've tried using the search function on the forum but nothing came up and there doesn't seem to be anything else on the internet either. Does anyone have any information on this rail at all? I assume this image is rather old, so it might just be vapor ware but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. I am aware of the other fore ends available but I like the aesthetics of this one and I'm still not too fond of the modular rail systems as of right now.

Thanks,
Shift
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 9:48:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, it looks like an air soft rifle.  The plastic vent holes aren't deep enough, the buttpad is wrong, no reason for the selector to be at 45*, it would be an SBR, and the top rail and charging handle look off.  And the handguard mold in front of the grip isn't dimpled inward.

So...air soft part would be my guess.

Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honestly, it looks like an air soft rifle.  The plastic vent holes aren't deep enough, the buttpad is wrong, no reason for the selector to be at 45*, it would be an SBR, and the top rail and charging handle look off.  And the handguard mold in front of the grip isn't dimpled inward.

View Quote

And what's up with the forward QD sling mount?...or at least what is normally a QD sling mount?
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And what's up with the forward QD sling mount?...or at least what is normally a QD sling mount?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a feeling that this might have been an early version of the TAR21.
http://s446.photobucket.com/user/abflug_r34/media/IDF%20Projects/IDF_Solders-4.jpg.html

The iteration in this image appears to have the same trigger guard and non QD sling adapter. I assume the butt pad is a prototype deal; same with the handguard. I was just curious if anything came to fruition with it as I can't keep up with everything.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 11:30:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That is a prototype handguard and top rail used on the Tavor when submitted for the SCAR trials as I recall.

Picture is from "Assault Rifles of the World"

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

dam buddy,your good!
btw,its very nice to see your products in my LGS!
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I am a true gun nerd, I own just about every esoteric and good quality content book on guns made.

What is your local gun shop?   We have a lot of guys carrying our parts these days.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That is a prototype handguard and top rail used on the Tavor when submitted for the SCAR trials as I recall.

Sven
Manticore Arms

dam buddy,your good!
btw,its very nice to see your products in my LGS!

I am a true gun nerd, I own just about every esoteric and good quality content book on guns made.

What is your local gun shop?   We have a lot of guys carrying our parts these days.  

i stopped into LANCO yesterday,then hit TROP"S for shits and giggles
TROP"S had your ALFA RAIL Keymod Forend.
it made me smile when i saw them hanging on the shelf.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 4:06:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I have seen - that sling attachment point is IWI IDF and export...
The QD points were a change for the US market by IWI-US
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 5:32:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote

The Tavor was entered into the SCAR trials? Wouldn't it have been immediately disqualified by the non reciprocating charging handle?

Either way, thanks for the heads up. I suppose I'll hold off on anything and see how the X95 does when it makes it to the civi market. I heard around the rumor mill that the 16+ inch version would get a lengthened hand guard? I rather like its minor adjustments but I've heard overall mixed impressions on it I guess we'll just have to see.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top