Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/28/2015 1:46:58 PM EDT
have a few and their bandoliers that the ADI SS109 ammo came in. Trying to see if people use them and what their value might be? Seems not many have come onto the aftermarket and cant find additional info
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 7:01:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
have a few and their bandoliers that the ADI SS109 ammo came in. Trying to see if people use them and what their value might be? Seems not many have come onto the aftermarket and cant find additional info
View Quote

well that's pretty cool - I didn't know these existed.  I'd like to grab a few.  Where did you get the ammo from?
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:31:43 AM EDT
[#2]
i bought a case of the ADI F1 (pre-F1A1 SS109) but i think the chargers only come with the bandoliers.  i'd love to have a couple...
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:12:36 AM EDT
[#3]
heres a pic of the bandoliers /chargers  and the regular 900 rd can. Got ammo from AIM couple of years ago
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 3:13:01 AM EDT
[#4]
The chargers actually seem to work better on AR mags than Steyr mags....

Mick
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:49:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Been trying to find some on sale for over two decades, can't seem to catch them in stock anywhere!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:52:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Value is about  $4 each. The plastic is brittle and very susceptible to cracks and breaks.
I have a bunch of these and seem to be constantly super gluing the 5 or so I actually use to load mags.
I treat the ones I use gently, but still break them due to the design. They don't work really well to load mags, honestly it's the poorest mag loading device that I've experienced.

As an item to collect, they are cool, but in use they are fragile and not multiple use items.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Value is about  $4 each. The plastic is brittle and very susceptible to cracks and breaks.

I treat the ones I use gently, but still break them due to the design. They don't work really well to load mags, honestly it's the poorest mag loading device that I've experienced.

As an item to collect, they are cool, but in use they are fragile and not multiple use items.
View Quote

My experience mostly mirrors this. They are quite weak and are probably intended to be disposable. They weren't in use when I wore giggle cams and carried a 'gat so I can't speak to service use.

Fortunately I haven't broken one yet, but stressed the first one I tried to use. I've only used them on AUG mags, and found I have to carefully support the charger and mag together with one hand on a solid surface, while being careful to push the rounds straight down without any eccentric loading with the other..... They've always loaded the first 15 rounds quickly and smoothly with no hangups, but I go easy with the second stripper (last 15 rounds).  

Overall they would benefit from being made from sheet steel, or a reinforced polymer.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]
the way i understood it, they are supposed to be single use items
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:42:38 PM EDT
[#9]
If anyone has one charger to spare. I'd like to try one.

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#10]
In Austria military apparently gets their AUG mags already fully loaded from factory!  

That seems like a brilliant solution; forget hand loading (even if very easy with AUG mags) or stripper clips.
Link Posted: 3/3/2015 8:14:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In Austria military apparently gets their AUG mags already fully loaded from factory!  

That seems like a brilliant solution; forget hand loading (even if very easy with AUG mags) or stripper clips.
View Quote

that was the way it was supposed to work with AR mags as well if the ball dropped in Europe.  supply with preloaded mags, discard empties, then resupply with preloaded mags

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top