Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 11:00:47 AM EDT
Do Gen 2 Pmags work with Tavors sold in the US?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:10:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#2]
pretty much all mags work
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:43:08 PM EDT
[#3]
However, original mags that shipped with tavors prior to magpul switch had some extra wear on the bolt stop. I do not use the original iwi mag, and instead only use magpul on my tavor.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:09:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
However, original mags that shipped with tavors prior to magpul switch had some extra wear on the bolt stop. I do not use the original iwi mag, and instead only use magpul on my tavor.
View Quote

My IWI mag works fine. No extra wear. I believe that was only actually an issue on the Canadian Tavors.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 3:03:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Gen 2 and 3 work in mine. In fact all my various mags work.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:52:16 AM EDT
[#6]
All my mags work well in the Tavor.   USGI, Magpul (all Gens), IWI mags and a few other oddballs I have laying around.  I prefer the USGI mags because they drop free much more reliably than the plastic mags.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 12:00:25 AM EDT
[#7]
They work but they don't drop free.  Gen 3 mags are the only pmags I've tried that will.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 10:50:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They work but they don't drop free.  Gen 3 mags are the only pmags I've tried that will.
View Quote

Since my mags are Gen 2, I was considering getting Gen 3 mags for this reason. Then I realized that I would likely never need this "drop free" feature, as its unlikely I would be doing combat reloads and leaving the empty mags behind. I'm also used to doing mag changes with my left hand with AK's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top