Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2014 11:12:15 PM EDT
Just as the titles asks when can we expect to see the gen 2 tavors with the different trigger pack.  Im wanting to get a FDE Tavor but I want to wait for the gen 2.  Also how will be be able to tell if its a gen 2 other than pulling the trigger pack?

Thanks for any help.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 12:04:34 AM EDT
[#1]
There is some info in this thread.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#2]
There's no reason to wait for gen2. It is just a very tiny dimensional change, and the gen2 trigger packs are backwards-compatible with gen1.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's no reason to wait for gen2. It is just a very tiny dimensional change, and the gen2 trigger packs are backwards-compatible with gen1.
View Quote

This.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:51:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
This.....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This.....

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 2:03:29 AM EDT
[#5]
From the last post from IWI in the referenced thread it appears the X95 is on a fast track to our shores. Time to start saving my pennies again.
http://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=7272.msg72539#msg72539
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 3:08:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Can someone please point me in the direction, or give me a brief description of the main differences between the Tavor and 95?
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 7:15:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can someone please point me in the direction, or give me a brief description of the main differences between the Tavor and 95?
View Quote

X95 is smaller, and has a push-button mag release.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 2:59:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This plus a swappable pistol grip. I think there were some other minor changes also.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 5:57:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I literally just bought a Tavor yesterday.

D'oh!

Love the rifle from handling it so far though... but I thought the X95 was years away.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:27:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This plus a swappable pistol grip. I think there were some other minor changes also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also about 1 - 1.5" less LOP, at least a  pound lighter too.  

Note, the civvy legal version is liable to have a 17"+/-1 barrel, and IMI has indicated it will probably have a much longer foregrip so the 4" of barrel don't look "silly".  Subsequently you'll get much more railspace which can be added/removed via covers.

ETA: bolt handle will be alot closer to the shooter.
Link Posted: 12/30/2014 11:43:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

IMI has indicated it will probably have a much longer foregrip so the 4" of barrel don't look "silly".  Subsequently you'll get much more railspace which can be added/removed via covers.

View Quote

Interesting. I would think that they would offer the X95 in military form, as most buyers are going to SBR it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 9:38:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Interesting. I would think that they would offer the X95 in military form, as most buyers are going to SBR it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMI has indicated it will probably have a much longer foregrip so the 4" of barrel don't look "silly".  Subsequently you'll get much more railspace which can be added/removed via covers.

I really doubt most buyers are going to SBR it, but it's more of a candidate for that treatment than the stock Tavor. I'd welcome the choice of handguards, anyways.
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:08:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Why is everybody so ethused about the X95?  The only hands on long term review I have read  ( from an IDF guy who had one issued to him) was very bad
Link Posted: 12/31/2014 12:59:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why is everybody so ethused about the X95?  The only hands on long term review I have read  ( from an IDF guy who had one issued to him) was very bad
View Quote

Considering the X95 uses the same internals as the Sar21 Tavor that we have now, we have been testing them for a couple years now.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 2:12:53 AM EDT
[#15]
The original Tavor US version is awesome!  Having said that, I'll buy another in the newer version. I'm fortunate in that I'm quite well off financially and can afford to play around with these cool weapons.  

My pro-2nd Amendment heirs will be thrilled with the "stuff", they're going to inherit.  LOL!
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

D'oh!

Love the rifle from handling it so far though... but I thought the X95 was years away.
View Quote
It is years away. The x95 will be available initially to LE only, from what I have read.

Link Posted: 1/21/2015 3:05:29 PM EDT
[#17]

The x95 would complement a Tavor not necessarily replace it in my collection.....
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 12:31:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It is years away. The x95 will be available initially to LE only, from what I have read.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

D'oh!

straight from IWI: x95 by end of year
And "yes" on eventually an sbr civvie version
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

D'oh!

Yeah, i wouldnt put any faith into that. They don't know what they are talking about.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top