Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2014 2:49:44 PM EDT
Is the Aug Safety Reversible (work the opposite way for lefty)?
Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 10:22:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Is the Aug Safety Reversible (work the opposite way for lefty)?
Thanks.
View Quote

I'm a lefty and was wondering this myself!!!
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:29:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm a lefty, and I don't know if the safety is reversible. But, I'm not real sure why it would be needed.
Works the same as for a righty, the thumb of my firing hand pushes the safety in one direction, and the trigger finger moves it in the other direction. Never a problem manipulating it.
As far as I can tell the stock AUG safety works equally well for left handed and right handed shooters, it just works...in reverse.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:29:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't think it is. From the pic on PJ's site it doesn't look like you can flip it: http://steyr-aug.com/3133possafy.jpg

I'm sure PJ would know for sure.

The cross latch does work perfectly fine when flipped over, to it pushes to the left to open. I set mine up that way because I'm right handed and want the cross latch to be engaged if it accidentally get hit, not pushed open.

AJ
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:47:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.

Being in CA, I have to modify this to work for my needs and comply with CA law. As a lefty, the only way I could disengage the safety would be with my trigger finger, as I would be using a grip wrap (featureless build). This doesn't allow your thumb to get to the other side of the safety to disengage it. I know, stupid CA laws.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:34:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Top Top