Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 8:47:27 PM EDT
It's in the way of the trigger when shooting.  WHY?

I was picking this up AND an ARX100--but the ARX 100 left me cold, so I sold it to my dealer.  And just came home with a Tavor.  FDE.  16".  But now I have extra money for a 9MM conversion!!

I'm going to go out on a limb here:  Just from handling, I like my FS2000 better.  But I think I like the Tavor better than my old MSAR STG 556.  I do not think it's as refined as the FS2000, plus it has to be converted for lefty use (like an AUG--I shoot lefty), but it feels good and seems to have decent workmanship.  I REALLY like the BUIS, especially the tritium front sight insert!!  Mine has the IWI magazine, which, surprisingly, I like better than PMags.

Pistol grip storage compartment cap needs some help--seems cheesy.

The spare rail section just snaps into space on the opposite charging handle side, and is tightened by set screws?  Not sure about that...but then again, when aluminum pic rails came out, I remember what a huge controversy THAT was..."They'll never hold up!  They'll strip out right away"  They will never hold anything securely and you'll have zero shifts".

Kassnar stated "it's the best owner's manual ever made for this type of system"...but the printing was so light in mine that I couldn't see where the description lines on the diagrams met their respective parts.

The bottom currently confuses me--too many angles that all look the same. I'm trying to stick the magazine into the BHO/release device...never had this problem on my FS2000--but with more familiarity it should get better.  Also. I feel like I'm going to get pinched by the charging handle or the void between the mag release and rifle body.  The FS2000 does not have these voids, it's more...svelte?

All in all, another really fun and interesting modern bull pup.  It would have to shoot horribly to make me sell it.  

oh yeah, the TRIGGER:  it's OK.  heavy, ut feels a lot better than the trigger on my FS2000.  When dry firing, it stays where I'm aiming through the break.  I imagine I'll remove the one spring and call it good.  Probably no $350 triggers in my future.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
It's in the way of the trigger when shooting.  WHY?

I was picking this up AND an ARX100--but the ARX 100 left me cold, so I sold it to my dealer.  And just came home with a Tavor.  FDE.  16".  But now I have extra money for a 9MM conversion!!

I'm going to go out on a limb here:  Just from handling, I like my FS2000 better.  But I think I like the Tavor better than my old MSAR STG 556.  I do not think it's as refined as the FS2000, plus it has to be converted for lefty use (like an AUG--I shoot lefty), but it feels good and seems to have decent workmanship.  I REALLY like the BUIS, especially the tritium front sight insert!!  Mine has the IWI magazine, which, surprisingly, I like better than PMags.

Pistol grip storage compartment cap needs some help--seems cheesy.

The spare rail section just snaps into space on the opposite charging handle side, and is tightened by set screws?  Not sure about that...but then again, when aluminum pic rails came out, I remember what a huge controversy THAT was..."They'll never hold up!  They'll strip out right away"  They will never hold anything securely and you'll have zero shifts".

Kassnar stated "it's the best owner's manual ever made for this type of system"...but the printing was so light in mine that I couldn't see where the description lines on the diagrams met their respective parts.

The bottom currently confuses me--too many angles that all look the same. I'm trying to stick the magazine into the BHO/release device...never had this problem on my FS2000--but with more familiarity it should get better.  Also. I feel like I'm going to get pinched by the charging handle or the void between the mag release and rifle body.  The FS2000 does not have these voids, it's more...svelte?

All in all, another really fun and interesting modern bull pup.  It would have to shoot horribly to make me sell it.  

oh yeah, the TRIGGER:  it's OK.  heavy, ut feels a lot better than the trigger on my FS2000.  When dry firing, it stays where I'm aiming through the break.  I imagine I'll remove the one spring and call it good.  Probably no $350 triggers in my future.
View Quote

Call IWI on the manual, and I bet they send you a new one. It IS by far the best manual for a firearm i've ever seen. Most of the rest of your issues will be solved with a bit of familiarity, and aren't really issues at all (IE, i've never been pinched or heard of people being pinched). And i'm not sure I know what you mean about the safety selector being in the way of the trigger? I've not experienced that at all. If you're firing it lefty and you still have it set in the stock config, maybe? If so, just switch it to the other side. Takes 5 seconds.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 8:10:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 10:07:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There is NO storage compartment in the Tavor grip.  That probably explains why you think it's cheezy.    The cap is not designed for removal.  There is room in the butt for some small storage.  My sight adjustment tool is there in a small plastic bag.

The FS2000 trigger must be super-horrible.  The stock Tavor trigger is merely horrible.  Only the Tav-D trigger kept mine out of the Equipment Exchange.

The selector lever is slightly in the way firing from the normal weak side.  You can add an ambidextrous set of levers if you want it in the way all the time.  Easy to adapt to it but it's not a M16 setup.

-- Chuck
View Quote
This is what I discovered when I added an ambi safety .

OP, you get used to it, and before long forget it's there.  Kinda like the hump in the middle of an A2 PG.

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 11:34:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I was all ready to order an ambi safety until I figured it would always be in the way then.  

I think the triggers have been described correctly between the FS  and Tavor!

Another thing: no crush washer for the flash hider?
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:15:27 PM EDT
[#5]
OP It sounds like your a lefty who bought a right handed rifle that hasnt been converted yet?  If so the safety feels weird because it is on the wrong side for you, just swap it to the other side.  As a fellow lefty im really surprised you like the fs2000 better, i found operating the charging handle was awkward on the fs2000 compared to the Tavor which has an ambi charging handle that can be switched sides.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 12:49:34 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yes, I was all ready to order an ambi safety until I figured it would always be in the way then.  

View Quote

The barrel doesnt have enough shoulder. That is what the jam nut is for
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Technically, the jam nut is so you can remove and reinstall the flash hider simply, since the official break down method is to remove the flash hider when you're sliding the cocking assembly off the gun. I don't know anybody who actually does that, though, and it's not necessary.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 6:46:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't post very often, but as a current owner of an IWI Tavor rifle, the OP has got to be a HATER !  Somebody today asked "What r the best Tavor Mags",  I replied "I couldn't find any", but if your talking about my AR-15, yes I have 2 than don't work (But they work in the Tavor).

Link Posted: 11/26/2014 7:27:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I agree the Tavor is a very reliable rifle (I've never had a malfunction).   I used to carry a 16" AR-15 when I traveled but since getting the Tavor the AR's stay home a lot more.  I still enjoy shooting my AR's but for use around vehicles or CQB the Tavor is hard to beat.   It'll be interesting to shoot my Tavor since I just ordered a new trigger pack.  The factory trigger is usable but my new trigger will even the playing field between my AR's and Tavor.
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:52:37 AM EDT
[#10]
The FN Fs2000 ........

I remember that rifle.......it enjoyed HUGE military contracts around the world
and gained the market share in the bullpup civilian shooing community here in the US

(....just kidding.......might want to stock up on spare parts from FN)

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The FN Fs2000 ........

I remember that rifle.......it enjoyed HUGE military contracts around the world

and gained the market share in the bullpup civilian shooing community here in the US

(....just kidding.......might want to stock up on spare parts from FN)

View Quote
The seeming complete lack of spare parts is one of the only reasons I did not consider the F2000 for my first bullpup buy.

Link Posted: 11/27/2014 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes, I actually traded a spare FS2000 plus some cash for my Tavor.  That is, the seller threw in cash.  So I am going to be buying spare parts for my FS2000.  I would not have gotten rid of my FS2000 for a Tavor if I could not get spare parts for the FS2000.  I started a thread on it here and there are several sources.

For now I'll shoot it righty, and if I really like it I will definitely send it in for a lefty conversion.  Then I'll have a few spare parts too, even though I'd have to convert it back.  Just in case they get banned from importation or something.  "made in Israel, assembled in USA".

I like s few spare parts and mags for my guns, as I have seen enough designs come and go, plus lived through the onerous 94-2004 AWB, but I have enough cool guns that I don't need to go overboard.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 2:36:47 PM EDT
[#13]
You can't store stuff in the pistol grip? I put my spares kit in there and it seemed to fit.
It is difficult to remove but that is a plus in my book, hopefully will never need the repair kit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 6:05:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 11:13:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I stuck an extra Eotech on mine, and will do a complete disassembly today in preparation for first shoot tomorrow.

I put my sight tool in the buttstock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top