Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2014 8:34:21 PM EDT
So I ordered 2 30 round and 2 42 round magazines from 44mag.com.  The 30 rounder's are just like the one that came with the gun, and drop free.  The 42 rounds are for the most part just like the 30's, though obviously long.  And they do not drop free, I have to yank them out.  Is this normal?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 11:12:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, apparently 42's don't drop free.  not sure if it's a defect, or a feature, but it's not unique to me:

https://m.facebook.com/notes/steyr-arms-inc/steyr-aug-article-published-in-the-swat-magazine/194311146073/
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:36:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Fyi - to fix non-drop free 42's, file down the little nub on the front a bit on each one.   Then they drop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top