Link Posted: 11/13/2014 9:07:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Some good data~
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 9:30:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the data, very useful.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
They made this a sticky in the BP forum: It would be nice for New Guys buying Tavors to see: Just a suggestion. Not sure how that's done here.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Chuck I am pretty sure he reviewed ammo before maybe that's why: It doesn't matter to me. I am out of the game anyway: I am Welcomly Re leaved of duties: If there's such a word: :)
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:50:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Unfortunate review that focuses on the insignificant differences in trigger weight and other PII.

What's ignored is ammo.  My Timney absolutely failed to shoot USGI M885 Ball with any reliability.  And this Timney is doubling -- not sure why that's ignored or listed as a possible benefit.

This leaves us with the same choices we've had for months.  Tav-D or Geissele. And nothing to differentiate them.  But without an ammo reliability test we have to guess.

I like the finish on my Tav-D better!  

-- Chuck
View Quote

The Geissele and the Tav-D both - apparently - deal reliably with all kinds of ammo
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:20:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#9]
It's a cool video, and hats off to the creator for taking the time and and dong a pretty good job.

That being said... how useful can a video review of something like a trigger really be?  Way too many subjective factors at play.  

What needs to happen is a "Tavor trigger challenge" booth at the next big bullpup shoot.  You line up, pay your 5 bucks (unless someone wants to pony up for the ammo), and shoot 10 rounds or so out of 4 identical (except for the trigger group) Tavors.  For best results, keep the test "blind"... don't label which gun has which trigger, tell the shooter after.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:12:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Make it a double blind test!  Even the experiment's facilitator won't know which one is which.  The facilitator should have a colleague configure the 4 Tavors and label the outside of each with a randomly generated number from 1-4, then give them all back to the facilitator in a big container.  The facilitator runs the test for each volunteer subject.  After the test, the subject ranks the triggers on a questionnaire and puts it in an envelope before handing back to the facilitator.  Votes are counted after it is all over, then translated back to the real triggers by the colleague.  This way, the facilitator can run a safe set of experiments and yet be clueless to the id of the triggers.

Edit: The implementation of that concept is notional, since the differences between single and two stage triggers might be obvious to the keen observer, and because test subjects might think aloud.  But you get the idea
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:35:49 PM EDT
[#11]
The Geissele comes across the best.

It's the lightest, with the shortest reset
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top