Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2014 5:10:21 PM EDT
For those of you who have purchased and fully setup, the import banned Austrian Steyr AUG 6th gen 9mm kits from http://www.pjs-steyraug.com/AUG-News.html What is the best offensive and defensive 9mm ammo selection, you recommend, that is available in the civilian market?

Given the 6th Gen, does that mean we can benefit from improvements, in ammo design and type, over the older kits?

Must we search for 9mm loads that are marked "carbine" such as the IMI Blue Tip loads?

Is +p+ ammo still a big time no-no?

Potential bans and shortages just might not allow sufficient time, to fully set this kit up and test the best loads. Benefiting from your experiences. What ammo would you stock up on now? If it also works with your existing 9mm handguns, so much better.

Any ammo recommendations, what to avoid and other experiences with this 6th gen kit are appreciated.

I can remember being offered older gen kits, years ago, from private parties, for $5000-6000+, just for the kit. With so few 6th gen kits left now. Had to make some sacrifices, but got in on time,  for a great price, from an amazing seller, before they pass into collectable history.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought one of the 6th generation kits (from RatWorx, since I wanted it threaded on a CNC lathe) and it has ran on all ammo I have ran through it with the exception of Fiochhi 158 grain subsonic.  I also ran some of the new Sig Sauer 124 grain self defense ammo through it and it ran like a champ.
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#2]
jagdkommando: Just saw that SIG Sauer ammo on their site a few days ago. I did not know SIG Sauer made their own ammo. Good to hear it works well in your experience.

I hope the greater than 25rd capacity Austrian mags (32rd?) work equally reliable Thank you
Link Posted: 10/27/2014 10:43:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I've mostly been using my normal S&B FMJ, but I did try my normal carry loads, Remington 115gr +P and Federal 9BPLE, 115gr +P+ with no malfunctions or other problems after a mag of each.

AJ
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#4]
AubrayJ   Thank you for your input. Did not know we can use +p+ loads in longer barrels like this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top