User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:16:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Very good to know, thanks.  

My issue is it needs ~$400 in mods from day one, making it a $2k gun again.  

Have to admit, those mods (port cover and aftermarket trigger) are what have me warming up to it though.
View Quote

The trigger stuff is overblown. It's perfectly shootable without a $300+ trigger. Will an upgraded trigger make it more pleasant to shoot? No doubt. But out of the box it's still fine, it'[s just a little heavier than most are accustomed to with an AR.
View Quote

Got it, that'd be great.  Appreciate the input.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:35:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The trigger stuff is overblown. It's perfectly shootable without a $300+ trigger. Will an upgraded trigger make it more pleasant to shoot? No doubt. But out of the box it's still fine, it'[s just a little heavier than most are accustomed to with an AR.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Have to admit, those mods (port cover and aftermarket trigger) are what have me warming up to it though.

This.

Haven't replaced a damn thing on my rifle, but I also don't shoot from the bench after it's zeroed.  

Then again, I grew up shooting revolvers, so I'm used to DA pulls

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 6:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Name one other rifle with a 12 lb trigger pull ?
Even a BB or pellet gun has a far better trigger.

If you happen to like it then great but 12 lbs is a joke.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

People have been shooting revolvers with DA pulls of 10-14 pounds for generations.
The Tavor is a short-mid range 'working gun' and perfectly fine with a long heavy DA type pull, the three at my LGS all peaked at 10 pounds which is fine with me, I doubt I will change/alter the pack.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 7:59:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
People have been shooting revolvers with DA pulls of 10-14 pounds for generations.

The Tavor is a short-mid range 'working gun' and perfectly fine with a long heavy DA type pull, the three at my LGS all peaked at 10 pounds which is fine with me, I doubt I will change/alter the pack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I've just been letting other people shoot my rifle for a few hundred rounds, to break the trigger in without breaking my bank account

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:12:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've just been letting other people shoot my rifle for a few hundred rounds, to break the trigger in without breaking my bank account

View Quote

The guys all said the same thing about theirs, by around 500 rounds they said they had smoothed up nicely.
The AUG guys had the same result.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 8:32:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FAL. HK91. FS2000.STG-556. AUG (10.1lbs).There's a few off the top of my head. The stock Tavor trigger weight is typically closer to 10-11#, not 12. The Tavor's stock trigger is heavy, yes. But it's crisp, has a great reset, and is actually very nice compared to the mushy triggers on many other bullpups. It's perfectly usable. If you want a lighter trigger pull, you can go aftermarket. But it's not a necessity. And as others say, as you use it it gets even better as is. It's OVERBLOWN.

And no, a BB or pellet gun trigger is not better. It's LIGHTER. It's not BETTER. There's a difference. And a BB gun trigger doesn't have to be suitable for real life usage/combat usage. The Tavor's trigger was specifically designed to function in all sorts of nasty environments and not fail. BIG difference.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:48:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are quite a few well known rifles with similar weight triggers that have killed a lot of people in the world…
One does not need a special and expensive trigger to 1. kill things and/or 2. enjoy shooting their gun.

The company you are connected to, and both timney and geissele are all going to sell triggers to those who want it, but seriously guy, to call the stock trigger a joke and say a BB gun trigger is far better, clearly is being silly. People can pick apart the BS easier than you think.

FWIW, the trigger was never something I disliked with the Tavor I had. If I still had the gun, a hammer pack upgrade would not be happening.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 7:06:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Anybody who can't shoot the Tavor well with the stock trigger is a Girlyman.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

$1200 is where I'll start getting interested.
View Quote
Cool! A $1200 Tavor.

Sign me up quick because at $1200 a pop, IWI goes out of business and my Tavor becomes a collectors gun.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Who has the best price on tavors right now?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 7:10:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

There are quite a few well known rifles with similar weight triggers that have killed a lot of people in the world…
One does not need a special and expensive trigger to 1. kill things and/or 2. enjoy shooting their gun.

The company you are connected to, and both timney and geissele are all going to sell triggers to those who want it, but seriously guy, to call the stock trigger a joke and say a BB gun trigger is far better, clearly is being silly. People can pick apart the BS easier than you think.

FWIW, the trigger was never something I disliked with the Tavor I had. If I still had the gun, a hammer pack upgrade would not be happening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not connected to any company  (FYI) so assume away incorrectly.

My stock Tavor trigger was a tad over 12 lbs. There is no other rifle made that hits that level going back a century.
ANY stock rifle trigger that tips the scales at 12 lbs is a joke and yes, every air gun I have owned ( precision or regular ) had better triggers, no BS.

If you like one the heaviest triggers put on a rifle then the stock Tavor trigger is for you.
For people that can fire a rifle accurately and want to get the most from it a trigger swap is necessary and there are three to choose from.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 7:11:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Anybody who can't shoot the Tavor well with the stock trigger is a Girlyman.

View Quote

Some of us can shoot a lot better than "well".
YMMV
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:06:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

My stock Tavor trigger was a tad over 12 lbs. There is no other rifle made that hits that level going back a century.
ANY stock rifle trigger that tips the scales at 12 lbs is a joke and yes, every air gun I have owned ( precision or regular ) had better triggers, no BS.

If you like one the heaviest triggers put on a rifle then the stock Tavor trigger is for you.
For people that can fire a rifle accurately and want to get the most from it a trigger swap is necessary and there are three to choose from.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your Tavor was not typical. The trigger pull averages closer to 10#, which is right in line with MANY other rifles on the market. And you're wrong in any case, as I listed a handful of rifles up there with trigger pulls between 10-12 pounds.

And again. Comparing a combat rifle trigger to a BB gun trigger is absolutely absurd. Hey, I have a paintball gun that has a better trigger than any rifle on the market. Paintball guns are comparable to rifles, yeah?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:38:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Your Tavor was not typical. The trigger pull averages closer to 10#, which is right in line with MANY other rifles on the market. And you're wrong in any case, as I listed a handful of rifles up there with trigger pulls between 10-12 pounds.

And again. Comparing a combat rifle trigger to a BB gun trigger is absolutely absurd. Hey, I have a paintball gun that has a better trigger than any rifle on the market. Paintball guns are comparable to rifles, yeah?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The average is 10+ and mine was just a tad worse. 10lbs still sucks IMHO but glad you like it.

One rifle surpassed it for pull weigh and everything else tested was better, some by very little and other by a lot.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/09/26/trigger-pulls-good-bad-ugly/

I could care less if it is a combat rifle or a BB gun, shooting for accuracy a good trigger makes a huge difference since the discussion was about triggers.
I think most of it went over your head into the paintball section at K-Mart.

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 9:47:14 PM EDT
[#16]
His Tavor trigger was 11.5 lbs so his is "better" than my rifle.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2013/06/foghorn/gun-review-iwi-tavor-sar/

Cut & Paste-

I thought the trigger on the KRISS carbine was bad, but the TAVOR’s is quite possibly the worst trigger I’ve ever felt. Not only is it creepier than an uninvited clown at a 12-year-old’s birthday party, it’s exceedingly heavy. My trigger finger was too tired to keep pulling after about 20 rapid fire rounds, sooner than any other firearm I’ve ever tested. That trigger translates to terrible accuracy downrange. I took the rifle to the Best of the West range and tried my best to get a good 5 round group at 50 yards, but this was the tightest I had all day. Mil spec calls for a 4 MoA or better spread. This rifle, in my hands, could only muster an 8 MoA spread. For me, if I was going to drop TWO THOUSAND dollars on a new rifle, I would expect at least 2 MoA or better.

Don’t get me wrong, this is fine if you’re expecting “minute of bad guy” accuracy. But it severely limits the usefulness of the gun
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 10:44:34 PM EDT
[#17]
So you start out quoting 12+ pounds, and ignore all the references to it being closer to 10. When you eventually post up an article..it's one that shows the Tavor's to be under 10, and you're still trying to act like there's some huge difference here? IN THIS TEST, with THESE SPECIFIC RIFLES, the Tavor was within a few ounces of the AUG, and FS2000. The ARX was nearly 12lb. And again, I listed a number of rifles in my prior post of rifles that have harder trigger pulls. You ignore all that.

You're going to make fun of me for a 15 year old paintball gun where you're the one that started making comparisons between rifles and a BB GUN? Get real. The paintball gun comment was to show how ridiculous your comparison was. Apparently that went over your head.

And the review you posted was laughable. If he can't pull the trigger 20 times without getting tired, that's pretty sad. My 110pound wife shoots it just fine. Full of so much exaggeration it's nuts. Want me to post reviews saying it has a heavy trigger, but one that has a nice reset, little overtravel or creep, and a crisp break? Because there are a lot of those. Even Maleante said the Tavor's trigger isn't an issue, and he'll be the first to point out issues on the gun.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 7:45:43 AM EDT
[#18]
Not to mention 100% reliable and that smooths out & lightens after break in.

What i want to know is how Smith & Wesson, Ruger, Colt, etc, can get away with 10, 12, 14 pound DA triggers on their pistols. I mean who can even shoot such a weapon but superman? Last time I was at the range with my GP100 (and its 12# stock pull weight) I let a Navy Seal shoot it, after three DA shots he was curled up on the ground shaking, crying, and mumbling something about the pain in his trigger finger. I quickly threw the gun in the dumpster before someven else got hurt with this a ruger abomination.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
So you start out quoting 12+ pounds, and ignore all the references to it being closer to 10. When you eventually post up an article..it's one that shows the Tavor's to be under 10, and you're still trying to act like there's some huge difference here? IN THIS TEST, with THESE SPECIFIC RIFLES, the Tavor was within a few ounces of the AUG, and FS2000. The ARX was nearly 12lb. And again, I listed a number of rifles in my prior post of rifles that have harder trigger pulls. You ignore all that.

You're going to make fun of me for a 15 year old paintball gun where you're the one that started making comparisons between rifles and a BB GUN? Get real. The paintball gun comment was to show how ridiculous your comparison was. Apparently that went over your head.

And the review you posted was laughable. If he can't pull the trigger 20 times without getting tired, that's pretty sad. My 110pound wife shoots it just fine. Full of so much exaggeration it's nuts. Want me to post reviews saying it has a heavy trigger, but one that has a nice reset, little overtravel or creep, and a crisp break? Because there are a lot of those. Even Maleante said the Tavor's trigger isn't an issue, and he'll be the first to point out issues on the gun.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 9:25:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Common denominator: The Tavor has one of the heaviest trigger pulls on a rifle.
Mine was 12 lbs. while others come in around 10 lbs. (look up common denominator).

You seem well versed in paintball.

The review was another person’s opinion but the common denominator is the trigger was lacking.
Maybe you do not know what a good trigger is or you just shoot at rocks at close range.
If you happen to like the stock trigger then great.
For those of us that know what a good trigger is supposed to be and can utilize it the Tavor (in stock form) is among the worst manufactured past or present.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Mine was 12 lbs. while others come in around 10 lbs. (look up common denominator).

The review was another person’s opinion but the common denominator is the trigger was lacking.
Maybe you do not know what a good trigger is or you just shoot at rocks at close range.
For those of us that know what a good trigger is supposed to be and can utilize it the Tavor (in stock form) is among the worst manufactured past or present.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe you make a whole lot of really bad assumptions. Maybe I frequently shoot long range matches with precision rifles and do know a good trigger from a bad one. MOST of the digs on the Tavor trigger are just same old internet BS. Gets hyped up so much that you have people talking about needing a new trigger before they've ever even touched the rifle. Is it a precision trigger for long range accuracy? NOPE. But that's not what it was made to be. It was made to be 100% reliable in environments where it was geting filled up with dirt and sand and getting knocked around. And for that purpose in a combat rifle, it works great.

And the continued digs on paintball because I mentioned owning a 15 year old paintball gun are really pretty pathetic. Grow up.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 11:59:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yeah, I don't think it'll hit $1200 anytime soon. That's hundreds below dealer price, and the things are still selling quite well at the current price point.
View Quote

I've seen 2 different lightly used ones for $1300 OBO already

Selling well where? At $1499 new, they're collecting dust here
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, I don't think it'll hit $1200 anytime soon. That's hundreds below dealer price, and the things are still selling quite well at the current price point.

You made the same claim back in May that they weren't selling, even though you were shown otherwise. Show me where you can get a NIB Tavor for $1499 please, and show me how you know they're not selling and "collecting dust."

Last time numbers were released, the Tavor was selling at a faster pace than any other bullpup on the market.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:34:28 PM EDT
[#23]
I can get one for $1599  and put it on layaway at local dealer , I just have not allocated the funds in that direction lately.

Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find it highly unlikely that there are $1499 Tavors "collecting dust" when they continue to sell for $1659 everyday on Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Two LGSs have them priced $1999 and both have sold one in the past two weeks, go figure.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:29:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Who has the best price on tavors right now?
View Quote

Atlantic is at $1600
http://www.gunwatcher.com/Search/tavor-for-sale
The dealer with the$1580 price, i believe, was bachman guns out of dallas
http://www.bachmanguns.com/
but after shipping and transfer i think atlantic will be cheaper
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I would be perfectly happy paying
$1,500.

I paid over 3k for my IDF Tavor over
a year ago.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 5:34:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Almost there... I would pay $1300 for one
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 5:45:46 PM EDT
[#29]
$1300 is not going to happen with a new Tavor.  $1300 is considerably cheaper than the price IWI sells Tavor's to distributors.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:39:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you get me the name and info of the shop that has them for 1499 new? So i can buy one tomorrow?
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:05:12 AM EDT
[#31]
the trigger is pretty bad...  for those that think otherwise, go try an M1 Garand or even the worse M1A trigger group built by SA.   And how many Garand failures have you heard about because the trigger was fouled?   Just because its okay compared to crap made in the last 10 years, doesn't make it acceptable.  People still complain about awful stock AR15 triggers, but the worst PTAC trigger I have felt is still exponentially better than a Tavor trigger.

I even find the Aug to have a substantially better trigger.

And as far weight, it wasn't that long ago that the joke on G3 triggers was that the high pull weight was so untrained African peasants could hang the rifle on a peg using the trigger guard and the rifle wouldn't go off by accident.   I always thought it was a joke, but maybe that was the design goal with the Tavor.   It does have a very exposed trigger...

BTW, most any HK I ever tried also has a better trigger than a Tavor.  Most staple guns too for that matter.

And please don't compare it to a handgun, most DA handgun pulls let you stage the trigger with a clean break.  And the effective range is 50 yards, not 500 yards.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 7:19:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
the trigger is pretty bad...  for those that think otherwise, go try an M1 Garand or even the worse M1A trigger group built by SA.   And how many Garand failures have you heard about because the trigger was fouled?   Just because its okay compared to crap made in the last 10 years, doesn't make it acceptable.  People still complain about awful stock AR15 triggers, but the worst PTAC trigger I have felt is still exponentially better than a Tavor trigger.

And as far weight, it wasn't that long ago that the joke on G3 triggers was that the high pull weight was so untrained African peasants could hang the rifle on a peg using the trigger guard and the rifle wouldn't go off by accident.   I always thought it was a joke, but maybe that was the design goal with the Tavor.   It does have a very exposed trigger...

BTW, most any HK I ever tried also has a better trigger than a Tavor.  Most staple guns too for that matter.

And please don't compare it to a handgun, most DA handgun pulls let you stage the trigger with a clean break.  And the effective range is 50 yards, not 500 yards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

When you said a staple gun has a better trigger than the Tavor, you just went over the top with ridiculousness, sorry. That puts your opinion on everything else to doubt, like the guy here that talks about the Tavor's trigger being worse than a caulking gun. I've fired MANY guns with far worse triggers. Comparing it to a staple gun or a caulking gun gives me serious doubt that said posters have even shot it.

With all the military and police using the Tavor in the world, apparently it takes Arfcom's Tier 1 operators to truly determine the flaw of the gun.

Rifleshooter.com
On the firing line, we found the Tavor handled well;  it had a low recoil impulse as would be expected with a 5.56mm carbine.  The rifle was quite compact and very ergonomic.  The trigger was consistent with a mil-spec style trigger common to these types of rifles.  It wasn’t as spongy as many bull-pups, and provided the shooter with the ability to accurately engage targets.

Alloutdoor.com
This is a defensive gun with a defensive trigger. The Tavor’s feels closer to a striker fired handgun trigger or a light revolver trigger than an AR-15 trigger. I really do not notice the trigger much on the Tavor while shooting

Nobody's saying the stock trigger is fantastic.But it's perfectly usable for its intended purposes.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 8:05:41 AM EDT
[#33]
My sample size is two but the stock trigger on those is definitely usable.  After being spoiled by G triggers in AR's the Tavor is just that much better to shoot with a better trigger in place.  I'm speaking in terms of fun and ease of accuracy...stock is fine for the intended use of the gun.
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 10:49:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:46:18 PM EDT
[#35]

the trigger is pretty bad...  
Then don't buy one

doesn't make it acceptable.  
Then change it

People still complain about awful stock AR15 triggers
Every Colt I own has a stock trigger, I manage to shoot them just fine

I find it only slightly lighter (scale confirms), and only slightly 'better' (subjective)

Most staple guns too for that matter
The absurdity of this makes think you have never even fired a Tavor

And please don't compare it to a handgun
No, I think I will continue to compare the often HEAVIER revolver DA triggers as that was the point

most DA handgun pulls let you stage the trigger
As does the Tavor, very similar to Glock

with a clean break
As does the Tavor, very similar to Glock

And the effective range is 50 yards, not 500 yards.
What does the range of the cartridge have to with the trigger?
Its much harder to effectively hit a target with a DA revolver at 50 than with a Tavor at 500

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 3:55:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quote:
"Its much harder to effectively hit a target with a DA revolver at 50 than with a Tavor at 500 "

That is some REALLY funny shit right there.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 6:44:30 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quote:
"Its much harder to effectively hit a target with a DA revolver at 50 than with a Tavor at 500 "

View Quote

I'm not sure why you would find it funny that you lack the capacity to master a different weapons system enough to easily make effective hits at such a reasonable range, it's actually rather sad and I feel a bit bad for you.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm not sure why you would find it funny that you lack the capacity to master a different weapons system enough to easily make effective hits at such a reasonable range, it's actually rather sad and I feel a bit bad for you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quote:

My "capacity" is being an NRA certified pistol instructor and NRA master highpower rifle competitor.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 10:21:31 AM EDT
[#39]

My "capacity" is being an NRA certified pistol instructor and NRA master highpower rifle competitor.
View Quote

Yet you yourself admit that you lack the "capacity" to master a different weapons system enough to easily make effective hits at such a reasonable range....Oops

And again, if don't like it don't buy it
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:35:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Yea, I would have to jump all over that deal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1,

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 11:44:52 AM EDT
[#41]
not buying a Tavor because the factory trigger sucks is a little bit  like not buying an AR because the factory handguards suck. 99% of the people here revel in overspending on AR parts more than an 8 year old girl likes to dress up barbie....and yet with the Tavor the gun MUST remain stock to be viable? Yeah, that make sense.  Getting a Tav-D trigger pack, pop it in. Done.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 2:14:45 PM EDT
[#42]
After several hundred rounds through the stock trigger with the extra spring removed, I would say the trigger pull is better than any mil spec AR / M 16 trigger I can remember pulling.  The pull is  reasonably crisp and is smooth, the reset positive.

I have a TAV-D that I will shoot for the first time in a HP match tomorrow, but if I wasn't using the gun for bullseye shooting I would probably just leave the factory trigger in with the extra spring removed.  It really has quite a good pull for a military trigger.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 4:56:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Where?!?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
EXPS-2 $349 shipped

Where?!?

Temp thread jack but heads up the same EXPS2-0 deal is back in stock.  

Only hiccup is it's $423.99 shipped because the Eotech $75 summer rebate promotion is over.  Still not a bad price though.

http://www.slickguns.com/product/eotech-exps2-0-sight-34899-shipped-after-coupon-sk1999-members-only-and-75-mir
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is not factual.  I agree the stock trigger is stiff I believe I measured 11lbs on mine, but if you remove one of the redundant strings on the trigger pack, you are looking at around a 7LB pull if my memory serves.  My Tavor has run two different carbine courses this summer/fall and I can tell you that the trigger pull is not an issue for accurate shooting.  I am planning on getting the Geissele trigger pack for it when it is available again, but that is purely for fun, the rifle is fine as is.
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:24:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1,

$1200 is not going to happen on this weapon system.  The Tavor is a high quality rifle, CHF barrel, piston driven, tritium in the front post sight, trigger packs, etc...  My only complaint is that I wish the selector was on both sides and I wish the rear BUS had a windage adjustment.  That being said I added my own BUS and I am sure that a ambi selector will find its way in there eventually.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:14:44 AM EDT
[#46]
In 4 pages only one or two posts hit it; you don't like the price, buy a used one.  I went that route and while I didn't get a killer deal a saved a few hundred off the cheapest prices listed here, I know I can shot it & if I don't like it I can sell it & get my $ back.
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:45:55 AM EDT
[#47]
I gave 1600 for the 18 inch black stocked Tavor and felt it was well worth it............especially since it now sports a Meprolight Tru-Dot
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Better Buy one at 1600.00 because the Dealer isn't making anything. wholesale is right around 1500.00 . They must be getting rid of Inventory. Seriously I have an FFL that's a Business partner. 1600 is a Good Deal 1650 is right at 10% .may list a very lightly used one shortly
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Better Buy one at 1600.00 because the Dealer isn't making anything. wholesale is right around 1500.00 . They must be getting rid of Inventory. Seriously I have an FFL that's a Business partner. 1600 is a Good Deal 1650 is right at 10% .may list a very lightly used one shortly
View Quote
My memory might be hazy, but I'm pretty sure wholesale's a bit north of $1500.

Which is why these people saying they'd be in for $1200 have me

Link Posted: 10/15/2014 3:16:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just people being silly. Like IWI is real woried about a handful of people saying they won't buy until it's $1200 when they're selling them as fast as they can make them at $1600+. It's not an AR, guys. You can't compare it to AR prices. It's in the normal realm of bullpup prices, if not already low enough to be considered a good deal.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top