Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/4/2014 4:04:40 PM EDT
At the grb houston show $1580 cash price for the black!

Npap straight stock ak $500
Colt 6920 $850
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:09:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
At the grb houston show $1580 cash price for the black!

Npap straight stock ak $500
Colt 6920 $850
View Quote

Supply & demand.
More supply & less demand prices drop.

It can change overnight with a mass public shooting or political actions so buy what you want or need when available.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:11:10 PM EDT
[#2]
still not low enough for me to buy one. It seems like some dealers are getting hard pressed to move product now that the market is saturated.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 4:58:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Sort of interested but not at $1580.

I'm curious about it but I'm pretty sure it'd never be more than a change of pace range toy for me.

Have to come down a good deal more to open my wallet.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#4]
My area still $1750 'ish.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I paid $1850 and got 2% back. So essentially $1813 and I think it's worth that price. It's great that they have come down so much.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm curious what materials or machining steps involved in fabricating a TAVOR cause it to cost twice as much as an AR15.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Economy of scale is a major part of it.

Lack of same design competition is another.

You have AR15s, M16s, M4s, and many variants that since the 1960s, all take similar and oftentimes interchangeable parts, most times from the same forges and often times from the same machinists and final finishers. The manufacturing plants and forges geared up for the global supply and sales both governmental and civilian across the free world has been in place since the 1960s as well.

Vs

One nation manufacturing a brand new rifle primarily for it's own forces, small in number, and recently for the civilian market.

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#8]
That said, if I was flush with cash I would buy one at $1900.

As it is, hopefully in a year or so I can afford one, and it would need to be $1250-$1500.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:18:41 PM EDT
[#9]
$1200 is where I'll start getting interested.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

+1,
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

+1,
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1,

Yea, I would have to jump all over that deal
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:05:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:12:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, I don't think it'll hit $1200 anytime soon. That's hundreds below dealer price, and the things are still selling quite well at the current price point.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#14]
The Steyr AUG A3 has hit similar prices, but only because they're being replaced by the newer M1.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Is well below distributor price.

Hell $1580 is damn near dealer price...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

do you see dealer price dropping in the near future?next 3 years?
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#16]
I want one! Ive even thought about layaway.. but almost 2 grand is just so much money... maybe one day.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:36:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I want one! Ive even thought about layaway.. but almost 2 grand is just so much money... maybe one day.
View Quote

This guy does 9 mo. Layaways. 10% down and 9 payments. Im getting another 30s from him
http://www.gunbroker.com/All/BI.aspx?IncludeSellers=2992681&PageIndex=1
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't like a $1500 price tag? Just look at the SCAR 16 for a reality check. I paid over that for what its worth and I don't regret it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 9:45:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Dupe
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:00:30 PM EDT
[#20]
If ARP or someone would do a 6.8 conversion I'd be all over one.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:17:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Get one now. Who knows what will happen tomorrow. I love mine.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow you guys don't realize how good you have it currently. I keep seeing these threads asking how low prices will get. There are currently tons of options available that you can actually purchase brand new and at a reasonable price. Did nobody here live through the 89 ban? The 94 ban? We used to pay $700 for a crappy no-name stripped AR lower just because it was "pre-ban." Buying a new Aug wasn't even conceivable for less than $5-6K. I remember trading Pete an entire pre-ban green 20" Aug ($3K+) just for a stripped special receiver so I could mount a red dot sight. Now you can buy a new A3 for $1500 if you look around. I am simply amazed Tavors are even available for purchase, let alone at or sometimes below dealer cost.

In today's political world, all of this could come to an end real quick and without warning. Remember it was Bushy #1 that enacted the 1989 ban and Clinton in 1994, so party is largely irrelevant. Holding out for 3 more years hoping to save a couple hundred $$ is a bad idea, especially with prices as low as they have ever been. I hope I am dead wrong and in 3 years Tavors will still be available and at $1200, but I seriously doubt it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#23]
I paid $1599 plus $14 shipping to FFL. FFL did transfer for $10.

I'm happy witht hat deal and my rifle. No regrets.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Your stock broker will tell you that as prices go down you should buy more stock. That way the average price paid for the stock is lower so when the price goes up you make more profit...so don't wait just keep buying as prices fall.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 11:52:05 PM EDT
[#25]
People do forget how tenuous these low prices are. A mass shooting tomorrow could see prices skyrocket. (knock on wood)
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:57:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't want one, but at that price I would get one.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:08:21 AM EDT
[#27]
It'd need to come down considerably more for me to even think about buying one.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:27:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Even after buying one at a higher cost I wish they were 1/2 price as well but that is not likely going to happen.

Prices will settle down when production is steady and demand drops. Being a foreign based firearm it would be easy for the BATFE to get a hair up its ass and deem it non-sporting or hold up items in customs.
If that happens when the supply is cut off prices bounce up pretty quickly. I have never seen any inexpensive quality imported rifle like Galil , Valmet, HK , FN or a Tavor.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:07:59 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

No kidding.

They aren't going lower than that for a good long while.  Buy it now if you want one, OP.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:09:43 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I cannot recall the last time I saw a firearms dealer drop price on a damn thing.  Maybe LCPs when they revised them, but it was a few bucks....and a few isolated S&W products.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 11:55:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Dunno, I think a final average Tavor price is yet to be settled.  It's still relatively new.

Even after the panic ended, it was still selling for $1999 in late 2013.  Then $1900, 18, 17 and now 16.  That's not charity.

Ultimately the manufacturer may need to reduce it's price point for distributors...and so on down the line.  Time will tell.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
People do forget how tenuous these low prices are. A mass shooting tomorrow could see prices skyrocket. (knock on wood)
View Quote

QFT.

Having been a gun guy for more that 22 years and lived through the various bans, buy what you want when you can or risk losing out.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:05:51 PM EDT
[#33]
If you're interested in one, I say go ahead and buy one for the best price you can find.  I've had the Aug and the Tavor, and I liked the Tavor enough to keep it.  I really like the gun and with  a good trigger unit in it now, I'll be shooting it a lot more.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 2:50:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Dunno, I think a final average Tavor price is yet to be settled.  It's still relatively new.

Even after the panic ended, it was still selling for $1999 in late 2013.  Then $1900, 18, 17 and now 16.  That's not charity.

Ultimately the manufacturer may need to reduce it's price point for distributors...and so on down the line.  Time will tell.
View Quote

Everything is selling LOW right now because the distributors and gunshops are flush with product. Rifles aren't moving.

Look at Ruger's super late entry into the DI AR world, price point $600. That's almost laughable. Six hundred dollars. You can bet they would be selling those at $1200 if they could.
Even magpul mags are dirt cheap, I bought a bunch of gen 1 mags @ $8 each from DSG years ago when the gen 2 came out, now you can buy current production pmags gen 3 for the same $8 price. Aluminum mags are even lower. Everything is priced to sell, but no one is buying.

Price might drop more on the tavor if one of two situations happen.
1. the dealer who is tired of his money tied up in it decides to sell at a loss
or
2. MSRP and wholesale cost drop

For any product, option 1 has the highest probability of happening. I sure wish manufacturers would drop their price, the Tavor, SCAR, AUG, etc are all priced too damn high. How we got to $2000 for every single new semi auto rifle is something I don't understand.

/rant
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:56:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Agree with everything you said.  Demand never really recovered after 2013 and the industry as a whole is still oversupplied.  

Gen3 Pmags $8.33 shipped, D&H mags $6.99 shipped, EXPS-2 $349 shipped, $850 6920s, WASRs at $480 and heading south, etc.  

I understand and respect what others are saying about taking advantage of availability in between bans/negative events but that’s always a given.

I think the OP just wanted to know how low the price could go, not whether overall he’d be better off with a Tavor in his hands regardless of small price differences.   Based on the current environment, I wouldn’t be surprised if the answer is lower pricing.

With the current congressional composition, I wouldn’t be surprised if flat pricing continued through 2015, maybe until 2016 summer (presidential convention season).
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
EXPS-2 $349 shipped
View Quote

Where?!?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Sorry, that was back in August.  

After discounts, it was $423.99 shipped at Sportman's Guide.  Then there was an additional $75 EOtech mail-in rebate.  Strong deal at the time.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#38]
wasn't someone quoted $1200 for a Tavor & the shop told them that was actually the dealer cost?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:55:14 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

wasn't someone quoted $1200 for a Tavor & the shop told them that was actually the dealer cost?
View Quote
No, because that price is vastly below dealer cost.

If someone was selling Tavors at that price, other dealers would be buying from him, not wholesalers/distribution networks.

Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:06:27 PM EDT
[#40]
I paid $1200 for my FDE Tavor
Previous owner had to make a truck payment and I had cash.
He overspent during the panic, apparently
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:22:32 AM EDT
[#41]
If the Tavor was more like the X-95 I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:30:21 AM EDT
[#42]
I also got to put two mags through a suppressed one with an acog on it. That was enough to get buying one out of my system.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:50:50 AM EDT
[#43]
Guys; a quality AK runs 1200 now.  It is still an AK.
A LWRC or LMT piston AR is 2000 at least.

The Tavor is priced right.

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:52:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Priced a new Smith revolver lately???
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 9:07:15 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I also got to put two mags through a suppressed one with an acog on it. That was enough to get buying one out of my system.
View Quote
What do you mean?

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#46]
Maybe he had another issue but he's probably referring to the gas.

The stock gas port cover doesn't seal well.  Even unsuppressed, some get pretty bad gas face (and some don't). Suppressed though, many find it pretty miserable to shoot.

Gearhead's Flex swivel is supposed to do a very good job correcting that though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Maybe he had another issue but he's probably referring to the gas.

The stock gas port cover doesn't seal well.  Even unsuppressed, some get pretty bad gas face (and some don't). Suppressed though, many find it pretty miserable to shoot.

Gearhead's Flex swivel is supposed to do a very good job correcting that though.
View Quote

It does, yes. I pretty much shoot my Tavor entirely suppressed whether it be 5.56 or 9mm, and i've never gotten gas in the face. MI has a port cover as well that accomplishes the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Very good to know, thanks.  

My issue is it needs ~$400 in mods from day one, making it a $2k gun again.  

Have to admit, those mods (port cover and aftermarket trigger) are what have me warming up to it though.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:57:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Wow you guys don't realize how good you have it currently. I keep seeing these threads asking how low prices will get. There are currently tons of options available that you can actually purchase brand new and at a reasonable price. Did nobody here live through the 89 ban? The 94 ban? We used to pay $700 for a crappy no-name stripped AR lower just because it was "pre-ban." Buying a new Aug wasn't even conceivable for less than $5-6K. I remember trading Pete an entire pre-ban green 20" Aug ($3K+) just for a stripped special receiver so I could mount a red dot sight. Now you can buy a new A3 for $1500 if you look around. I am simply amazed Tavors are even available for purchase, let alone at or sometimes below dealer cost.

In today's political world, all of this could come to an end real quick and without warning. Remember it was Bushy #1 that enacted the 1989 ban and Clinton in 1994, so party is largely irrelevant. Holding out for 3 more years hoping to save a couple hundred $$ is a bad idea, especially with prices as low as they have ever been. I hope I am dead wrong and in 3 years Tavors will still be available and at $1200, but I seriously doubt it.
View Quote

Agreed fully.  I wholeheartedly agree that today's available bull pups are somewhat overpriced to be 'market competitive,' but it is what it is, perhaps until/if someone cuts out more of the middlemen at least.
It's not like we don't have examples out there - we're still not seeing $1k LWRCIs, FN <anything>, AUGs, etc.  
When we can get $1k 'solid' ARs any day of the week, I'd love to see a solid bullpup(s) at $1300, but chances are we won't see it any year soon.  
If we're lucky, we *may* see a bit more drop.  The new AUG M1s are on GB for $1800 (w/rail, not optic), and a few deals are out there on A3s as the 'prior model,' but in the latter case, it's more or less a one time thing.  A few months from now, I expect the railed M1s to be available for ~$1700, which has been more or less the lowest we've seen the A3s go to, and the Tavors will remain IMO within $100.  

I'm not seeing much that will drop the prices much - the new K&M M17S bull pup is mirroring Tavor/AUG pricing, and the MDR currently is expected to be another $700 or so.
The announced Kel-Tecs, well...they're Kel-Tecs, and priced equally or higher.  

I think we'll be hard-pressed to see movement even to, let alone below, $1500 for any of them over the next few years.  
I also hope I'm wrong, as I'd love to pay 'only' $1500 for the MDR once it's out, and hopefully proven to be reliable.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 4:07:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Very good to know, thanks.  

My issue is it needs ~$400 in mods from day one, making it a $2k gun again.  

Have to admit, those mods (port cover and aftermarket trigger) are what have me warming up to it though.
View Quote

The trigger stuff is overblown. It's perfectly shootable without a $300+ trigger. Will an upgraded trigger make it more pleasant to shoot? No doubt. But out of the box it's still fine, it'[s just a little heavier than most are accustomed to with an AR.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top