Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2014 2:34:12 PM EDT
Getting my tavor in a week what combo optic / mount you fellows running on your tavors? I'm thinking the larue 660 and aimpoint t1.
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 3:30:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:07:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Getting my tavor in a week what combo optic / mount you fellows running on your tavors? I'm thinking the larue 660 and aimpoint t1.
View Quote

A while back we had this discussion.. LaRue makes fantastic qd mounts.. with that said they are designed for a full 1913 rail. the mount uses a small lug right in the center to lock onto the rail. With the Aug and Tavors the top rail has a channel. This has caused many to have the Lug not make much contact and actually strip the mount. This only happens with the channeled rail. So just be careful with the Larue on the Tavor. I know a lot of guys use American Defense if you are looking for QD on the Tavor...
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#3]
American Defense Recon Here and a Leupold MR/T
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 8:02:19 PM EDT
[#4]
American Defense Recon and Leupold VX-R Patrol ...
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Just mounted an Aimpoint PRO and it is PERFECT

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:03:33 AM EDT
[#6]
It's not a little low?

The drop from the Tavor rail to the top of the stock is about 1/2" less than an AR.

My AR scope mounts are adequate but do seem a little lower than optimum to me.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I have an EOTech on a LaRue mount.  Perfect height, and I like the optic with it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 8:15:56 PM EDT
[#9]
I look forward to seeing what you have coming out.

I recently ordered a 3/4" Brownells branded riser to try with an EOtech I have.  The. 512 EO sits too low on an AR so I figured a 3/4" riser should be just about perfect on the TAVOR.

I still would like a lower riser, say 3/8 to 1/2 or so, to try with my Aimpoints and one piece scope mounts.

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Specter Dr as a 4X magnifier for the Eotech....

lol

But seriously, The Elcan is a bit low. I have a Gear head works razorback short rail on the way to remedy that problem...

Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#11]
I am waiting on my Mepro True Dot RDS.  It will be here this week. Cant wait
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 12:48:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Interested in your feedback on it. Thinking about getting one myself.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:45:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

If they actually make it to us this week, I will be pleasantly surprised. I thought the reason for their last delay was a bit weak, Still, it's exciting... $400 is an excellent price for what's supposedly being delivered.

Anyways, the secret to Tavor optics is to always get stuff that would be at lower 1/3 co-witness. This will compensate reasonably well for the low rail. I run an Eotech 553 on mine, and the extra 7mm is just the ticket.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:54:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

If they actually make it to us this week, I will be pleasantly surprised. I thought the reason for their last delay was a bit weak, Still, it's exciting... $400 is an excellent price for what's supposedly being delivered.

Anyways, the secret to Tavor optics is to always get stuff that would be at lower 1/3 co-witness. This will compensate reasonably well for the low rail. I run an Eotech 553 on mine, and the extra 7mm is just the ticket.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a tracking number on mine, it went out on the 19th
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote

Ditto.

Set it and forget it.   Permanent resident on my Tavor now.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:26:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Local shop had one set up with a PRO. I really liked it in store so I decided to order one for my new Tavor.

I always though lower 1/3 co-witness mounts were too high on ARs for my taste but they are perfect on the Tavor.

With a coupon code from AIM the PRO was less than $390 shipped. Really can't beat that if you want a red dot.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 2:42:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Eotech XPS series and the rail that's sitting on top of your rifle already.
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

*mind blown* Who did you order through?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:24:25 PM EDT
[#19]
why is there no delete button?
Link Posted: 9/22/2014 11:26:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got my Mepro RDS this afternoon I'll mount it tomorrow and shoot it Thursday. I did put the battery in it and rough mounted it and it seems really nice for the price. I have Elcan DR, Aimpoint M4S, Trijicon SRS and Eotech for comparisons.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 1:24:40 AM EDT
[#21]

The American Defense mount with a Trijicon RMR.
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 7:51:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Mine is at the post office and I pick it up today

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/23/2014 12:02:24 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

This. Co-Witnesses perfectly with irons." />
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 9:17:13 PM EDT
[#24]
That Trijicon RMR combo looks interesting how do you like it .
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I put the 512 EOD on today with the BROWNELLS 3/4" riser.... Pretty nice.  Defending on a guy's face, I would say 5/8 to 3/4 is pretty a good lift height for the EO.

Down side is factory irons, which IMO are too low to start with, are unusable with the optic at this height..
Link Posted: 9/23/2014 11:39:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mako Group
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 12:26:33 AM EDT
[#27]
The Mepro really fits the Tavor. No extra mount need perfect height to use the irons in the bottom third of the large clear window. Great switch and easy change battery. Quick releases are small so they don't add weight and well out of the way. Very rugged construction what you would expect from a real military grade optic. I have Aimpoint M4S, Eotech, Trijicon SRS and Elcan DR so I am comparing this scope to the cream of the crop and it stands up really well and actually better in some respects.
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:24:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Received mine today.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2014 9:32:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Mine arrived today and I am impressed so far. It has the metal hood and honestly cant imagine wanting one with the plastic hood.  But I guess they (Mepro) know what they are doing?

I hope that it is not just a cost cutting measure to keep the sight under $400???

I dialed it in with the iron sights and I will verify zero this weekend hopefully.  I will also get some pictures up since I am finished adding stuff to my Tavor now
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 12:03:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Couldn't be happier with the Mepro TRS it rates up there with sights costing three times as much.  Great to dial in, easy to see and fit the Tavor perfect.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top