Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2014 11:33:11 PM EDT
Ok...I was building a mk12 a while ago and decided to just sell my ars except for two.. So needless to say I want a Tavor for out in the Wyoming hills.. I just got a od in 16in...what I want to do is run your arc xl rail with light..advanced armament sdn6 a Harris and maybe a angled BCM gunfighter shorty front grip with mark 6 on top..so here is my question.... Can a can fit in the rail with light and shorty rail for Harris on bottom? And if so can you post a few pic? With the can coming outta the rail I think it will be the perfect set up for my Reece style tavor...thanks...you guys rock..

This is the project
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:10:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:17:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I can kinda help here. I have a similar setup. Tavor, the Arclight XTL rail (which is fantastic, by the way), a magpul angled grip, and SDN-6 suppressor. I haven't had a chance to get the light kit yet, so i'm not sure if all of what you want to cram into that foreend will fit. I can say from experience that the suppressor fits, as well as with a rail on the top and bottom in place. I would think the light would work as well because the rails are fairly low profile inside the foreend, but I can't answer it definitively.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Off topic but I had high hopes for the railed hand guard replacement but if that's the best color match they can do then I'll pass with tan. You'd think an idiot putting that much RND into production then can find a shade that comes close
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:05:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:29:05 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Off topic but I had high hopes for the railed hand guard replacement but if that's the best color match they can do then I'll pass with tan. You'd think an idiot putting that much RND into production then can find a shade that comes close
View Quote
Ever seen an FDE SCAR?  There comes a point where "good enough for govenrment work" applies.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:31:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I think that is the first time anyone has straight out called me an idiot on the internet...well, allow me to respond in a calm and logical response with an explanation of what you see in that picture.
The flash on his camera is washing out the photo badly.  Look at the inforce light on his gun- it looks nearly white in the photo(!), and it is flat dark earth in real light.  I won't go into a lot of camera photo, material reflectance, and color temperature theory here, but in short that is a tungsten flash on a camera used in a gun safe that is in near total darkness, nothing is going to color render properly in that photo! (apologies to Shadow Angel, thank you for posting a picture that late at night showing your SDN6 suppressor mounted up!)

Our flat dark earth is a dead on match for the polymer- we actually have a custom cerakote color made to match the fde tavors.  It is worlds better than the "champagne" colored anodizing that some other companies are passing off as "flat dark earth" on their parts....

So now that we have gotten all that  out, here are pictures of our flat dark earth ARClight XTL  forend looks like on a flat dark earth gun- you will notice our color match is actually better to the gun than that fde magazine that comes with it!

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/DSC_0008.jpg

Also, anyone with a FDE ARClight can tell you it is a perfect match, just ask them!

Any questions on the color match now?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I think that is the first time anyone has straight out called me an idiot on the internet...well, allow me to respond in a calm and logical response with an explanation of what you see in that picture.
The flash on his camera is washing out the photo badly.  Look at the inforce light on his gun- it looks nearly white in the photo(!), and it is flat dark earth in real light.  I won't go into a lot of camera photo, material reflectance, and color temperature theory here, but in short that is a tungsten flash on a camera used in a gun safe that is in near total darkness, nothing is going to color render properly in that photo! (apologies to Shadow Angel, thank you for posting a picture that late at night showing your SDN6 suppressor mounted up!)

Our flat dark earth is a dead on match for the polymer- we actually have a custom cerakote color made to match the fde tavors.  It is worlds better than the "champagne" colored anodizing that some other companies are passing off as "flat dark earth" on their parts....

So now that we have gotten all that  out, here are pictures of our flat dark earth ARClight XTL  forend looks like on a flat dark earth gun- you will notice our color match is actually better to the gun than that fde magazine that comes with it!

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/DSC_0008.jpg

Also, anyone with a FDE ARClight can tell you it is a perfect match, just ask them!

Any questions on the color match now?  
I actually have a color match question--did you color match to the earlier or later color FDE Tavors?  I've seen some pictures on here that show that there is indeed a difference somewhere along the production line, and earlier gens were lighter.

I had presumed that any color mismatch I had seen on here was because maybe you color matched the first gen FDE (because you're awesome and quick to market like that), rather than he current color.

eTA:  how does that para cord bit work for you?  Never seen it.

Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:47:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 12:56:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I can kinda help here. I have a similar setup. Tavor, the Arclight XTL rail (which is fantastic, by the way), a magpul angled grip, and SDN-6 suppressor. I haven't had a chance to get the light kit yet, so i'm not sure if all of what you want to cram into that foreend will fit. I can say from experience that the suppressor fits, as well as with a rail on the top and bottom in place. I would think the light would work as well because the rails are fairly low profile inside the foreend, but I can't answer it definitively.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y85/shadowangelx/Manticore/20140818_143141_zps53b2f342.jpg
View Quote

Thank you for the pic this is getting me exiteded.. I have huge hopes for this gun and with the help of these amazing rails my vision is going to be so awesome! Thanks again for the pic...your gun is perfecto by the way...
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 1:06:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
...and Sparks 556, I have not forgotten about you!    I actually have not been in the shop yet to get a picture of the setup, doing all this posting remotely right now.
View Quote

Know worries Thank you for helping me out and responding so fast. Your rails just seem to be perfect for what I am looking for. I was just wondering if anyone else had this set up or the more midrange Tavor in mind? I figured this would be a good place to find out... It would be sweet to be able to fit everything in the hand guards and have such a slick compact package of total ass kickery... either way I will be getting the rails I just was curios if everything would fit all tucked away.. And once again thank you for making such amazing products...  

Oh while am am at it…What light is everyone running in the rail? I am a surefire guy just haven’t done much looking into what models would fit the arc light and arc light pressure switch? Also any other brands the fellow Tavorians are running in these rail?
Link Posted: 9/20/2014 4:05:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

It is indeed the flash. The actual color of the rail matches the Tavor exactly.
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 6:52:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I don't have the exact setup you are looking for, but these two pictures should suffice to say "yes, it should work"

The can is a 1.5" diameter  Gemtech HALO, same diameter as your SDN6 (Shadow Angel is more of an expert on mounting the SDN6 on the ARClight XTL if you have questions specific to the suppressor, but yeah, it will clear the XTL body).  You will note that I have one of our new 1 CR123 cell lights installed INSIDE AND BEHIND THE SUPPRESSOR!  This was accomplished by using the rearmost set of Light Mount mounting holes (there are four mounting hole positions on the ARClight XTL just for crazy setups like this that people come up with!)

I'll be honest, I was originally going to tell you it wasn't a good idea to mount a light behind the can as I figured you would end up with the upper half of the beam occluded pretty badly, but I'll be damned if when you use the light you only get a bit of a flattening of the top of the light beam when projected on a wall, it actually works quite well even with that big old 1.5" can right in front of it!

To boot, you can see I set up a picatinny mounted vertical grip on a chunk of ARC LOK rail mounted to the underside and ran the pressure switch cable out one of the slots on the back of the ARClight XTL right to the vertical grip.  

As for a harris bipod, your best bet is honestly probably a Grip Pod in this kind of equipment heavy setup.  That being said, if you want the Harris Bipod, you should be able to just use a #5 Harris adapter dropped right through one of the front underside ARC LOK slots on the XTL and mount the Harris direct, and skip the picatinny altogether.  (Sorry, I have a Harris #5 and Harris Bipod somewhere around here, but not quite sure where at the moment.

Also, Merry Xmas to the guys who like to spot new unannounced products in pictures, I didn't feel like removing something just for one picture.  

Sven
Manticore Arms

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/sideweb19mmsuppresed.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/sideweb19mmsuppresed.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/front9mmsuppressedweb2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/front9mmsuppressedweb2.jpg</a>
View Quote

Dat rail!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 7:48:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I don't have the exact setup you are looking for, but these two pictures should suffice to say "yes, it should work"

Also, Merry Xmas to the guys who like to spot new unannounced products in pictures, I didn't feel like removing something just for one picture.  

Sven

Manticore Arms

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/sideweb19mmsuppresed.jpg

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/front9mmsuppressedweb2.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/21/2014 11:18:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The can is a 1.5" diameter  Gemtech HALO, same diameter as your SDN6 (Shadow Angel is more of an expert on mounting the SDN6 on the ARClight XTL if you have questions specific to the suppressor, but yeah, it will clear the XTL body).  You will note that I have one of our new 1 CR123 cell lights installed INSIDE AND BEHIND THE SUPPRESSOR!  This was accomplished by using the rearmost set of Light Mount mounting holes (there are four mounting hole positions on the ARClight XTL just for crazy setups like this that people come up with!)

I'll be honest, I was originally going to tell you it wasn't a good idea to mount a light behind the can as I figured you would end up with the upper half of the beam occluded pretty badly, but I'll be damned if when you use the light you only get a bit of a flattening of the top of the light beam when projected on a wall, it actually works quite well even with that big old 1.5" can right in front of it!

To boot, you can see I set up a picatinny mounted vertical grip on a chunk of ARC LOK rail mounted to the underside and ran the pressure switch cable out one of the slots on the back of the ARClight XTL right to the vertical grip.  

As for a harris bipod, your best bet is honestly probably a Grip Pod in this kind of equipment heavy setup.  That being said, if you want the Harris Bipod, you should be able to just use a #5 Harris adapter dropped right through one of the front underside ARC LOK slots on the XTL and mount the Harris direct, and skip the picatinny altogether.  (Sorry, I have a Harris #5 and Harris Bipod somewhere around here, but not quite sure where at the moment.

Sven
Manticore Arms

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/sideweb19mmsuppresed.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/sideweb19mmsuppresed.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s131.photobucket.com/user/Dawg180/media/front9mmsuppressedweb2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p296/Dawg180/front9mmsuppressedweb2.jpg</a>
View Quote

First off...you are awesome...second off...you are awesome...thank you for the pics...and thank you for the sneak peak...my birthday is the 28th and I was expecting to have to wait for your new products at the bullpup shoot to be unleashed..but that pic is sure to excite the masses...thank you...and can't wait for more! Whoot
Whoot!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top