Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2014 10:39:21 PM EDT
Looking for a nice nylon-esque O.D. green/FDE/MARPAT short rifle case that fits the dimensions of an 18" Tavor?
I'm tired of waiting for IWI to release something, and all the local Crapela's has is Black (yawn).
Anyone out there found a good solution they are satisfied with?
...and no I don't want a hard case like a Pelican, so don't go there, OK? Yes, that means you, the eternal internet guy who always recommends what the OP clearly doesn't want.
(perfect set up for snark, I know, but hey, it's Friday!)
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:32:36 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been looking for a nice soft Tavor case myself, but havn't had much luck in finding one other than a Black one I saw for sale on Amazon, And like yourself, I don't really want a hard case.
After seeing the light green one that IWI is releasing later this month (3:05 in the below link), I've decided to wait, It looks pretty nice, with lots of storage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTxLNElj_wo
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 11:59:53 PM EDT
[#2]
guh...

Yep. That settles that. So long as it actually shows up.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:10:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I know its hard to be patient.
I'm hoping that case has some internal magazine pouches.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 8:55:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looking for a nice nylon-esque O.D. green/FDE/MARPAT short rifle case that fits the dimensions of an 18" Tavor?
View Quote

Have you looked at a Pelican Case? They also come in silver or dark earth.  

This case has really grown on me - I picked it up after one of the early Tavor case threads recommended it, but it's become my flexible go-to bullpup case...  Really quite highly recommended!
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 10:01:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This case has really grown on me - I picked it up after one of the early Tavor case threads recommended it, but it's become my flexible go-to bullpup case...  Really quite highly recommended!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your hot link is to a UTG case, rather than a Pelican case...???
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:35:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Humor. It is a difficult concept.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 3:31:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a few UTG soft cases I've owned and used for years with no issues at all so they are gtg imo. With that said Tavor is coming out with their own soft case sometime this year I think but in the meantime Amazon is your friend. Lots of quality cheap soft cases there.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I use one of those cases.  Just took a cross country business trip with one housing my Beretta CX4 PCC (I know, not a bullpup, but logistics being what it is), and nobody was the wiser.  Most people thought it was a tennis case, but it's beefed up to hold rifles.

Holds my Tavor great too, I just didn't want to take such an expensive, new rifle with me
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I'm tired of waiting for IWI to release something, and all the local Crapela's has is Black (yawn).

...and no I don't want a hard case like a Pelican, so don't go there, OK? Yes, that means you, the eternal internet guy who always recommends what the OP clearly doesn't want.

View Quote

IMO, tactical colors scream 'look at me!' in the back of a vehicle. However, the Alpha Battle bag has colors that suit your preference.

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 7:33:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

IMO, tactical colors scream 'look at me!' in the back of a vehicle. However, the Alpha Battle bag has colors that suit your preference.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This, insofar as the colors go.  Mine is blue/black.

And most so-called "discreet" rifle bags/cases are anything but, they are just shorter cases that still look like gun cases.  To me, discreet = "does not look like a firearm case", but to each their own.
Link Posted: 9/8/2014 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Only 2 weeks away...

Fits 16.5" or 18" barreled Tavors.

" />

Link Posted: 9/8/2014 10:24:12 AM EDT
[#12]
The case looks pretty nice. And good thinking on making them with magazine (5) retainers. I usually shoot about 5-6 mags, so this is perfect.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:38:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

MidwayUSA has a nice bag that can be had in 35" size and OD Green. I have one, and it's nice for the price:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/557686/midwayusa-pro-series-tactical-rifle-case-pvc-coated-polyester

I was going to get another for my Tavor, but read this thread, saw IWI's pick above of their bag, and have decided to hold out for that despite the higher cost.

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Love that you guys set up your bag to hold the 9mm conversion as well.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 6:48:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, the individual compartments for the different 9mm assemblies was a nice touch...
It almost looks like I will be able to keep my EoTech mounted while it is in the bag.
Hats off as well o the person who added the padded back pack straps to the design

Any idea of MSRP?

(NOW I can get rid of my Spaulding Tennis racket carrying bag I have been using )

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:37:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Any idea of MSRP?

View Quote

$100............if what I heard was correct.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:26:52 PM EDT
[#17]
I currently use one of the UTG Cases, almost looks like a tennis racket case.

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Carrier-30-Inch-Multi-Firearm-Electric/dp/B009WO46X2/?tag=facebook04ca-20

Although that IWI case looks sweet.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I currently use one of the UTG Cases, almost looks like a tennis racket case.

http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Carrier-30-Inch-Multi-Firearm-Electric/dp/B009WO46X2/?tag=facebook04ca-20

Although that IWI case looks sweet.
View Quote
Ditto

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Has the IWI Tavor case been released yet?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:24:55 PM EDT
[#20]
IWI - What country is your case manufactured in?
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:37:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Has the IWI Tavor case been released yet?
View Quote

I've heard no word about it yet, so it looks like their 9/8 comment (above) about it being available in 2 weeks was just an estimate.
Hopefully it will be available next month.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:09:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Elite system

Made for the Tavor good company strong bag I have three of their bags one is 25 years old.

Link Posted: 9/30/2014 12:38:20 PM EDT
[#23]
The bag looks pretty nice, along with the Elite Systems bag posted, although not so sure I like the elastic for rifle mags vs pouches.

The big issue in finding a decent fitting bag, at least with my AUG, and probably the Tavor, is bags like the Drago/Condor/Voodoo/SIG (all clones of each other, possibly same mfgr?) are great functionally, except their straps are affixed only at the ends of the bag, making it hard to truly secure a weapon that isn't AR-length.  The IWI and Elite seem to have fixed that issue, which should hold a favor/AUG/FN much more solidly.

Will wait for feedback after it comes out, but I may pick one up for my AUG. :)

Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:56:42 AM EDT
[#24]
OK, well, here it is the end of October, and STILL NO IWI TAVOR CASE!
This thread had lots of great folks show me lots of excellent solutions, but I decided, upon reading IWI's post that their case is "Only two weeks away" (over a month ago), to wait for the Tavor case...

Fool me once!

A shame, really, as it fit the bill exactly. No mention of it on their webpage as of tonight. Time to shop elsewhere.

*sigh*
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:11:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I was hoping someone would make a soft case you can just put the box foam into.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 10:42:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
OK, well, here it is the end of October, and STILL NO IWI TAVOR CASE!
This thread had lots of great folks show me lots of excellent solutions, but I decided, upon reading IWI's post that their case is "Only two weeks away" (over a month ago), to wait for the Tavor case...

Fool me once!

A shame, really, as it fit the bill exactly. No mention of it on their webpage as of tonight. Time to shop elsewhere.

*sigh*
View Quote

Lol. I guess they got distracted over releasing the combat knife
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#27]
There's also specilized bullpup bags if you wanted to splash out $120

http://www.americanrifleman.org/article.php?id=26871&cat=3&sub=12
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 12:51:01 PM EDT
[#28]
So, they're (IMI bags) now listed on the web site ($150), but still not available?
Seriously loong '2 weeks'.  
Anyone know if they're actually going to be available this year?
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 3:24:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I have the s34 for my 10.5 in ar15 and it works great.

http://www.eberlestock.com/Cherry%20Bomb%20and%20Secret%20Weapon.html
Link Posted: 11/27/2014 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I have the s34 for my 10.5 in ar15 and it works great.

http://www.eberlestock.com/Cherry%20Bomb%20and%20Secret%20Weapon.html
View Quote

Thanks for the reminder on that one - I've got an Eberlestock Operator bag I like quite a bit.
Do you have any pics of the S34 loaded up?  
What can't can't you fit in it?

I do like the IMI bag layout, in particular as I have the 9mm kit for my AUG coming, and there seems to be enough room/pockets in the bag to use for going to matches - ~4 rifle mags, 4 pistol mags, pistol, 9mm rifle kit and mags for short range matches, and a few misc tools look like they'd all fit well.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:17:39 PM EDT
[#31]
https://iwi.us/Products/Cases.aspx

IWI CASE SHIPPING DECEMBER 2ND
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#32]
Anyone use either of the 5.11 bags? Shorty states 28.5, doesn't specify whether that's inside or OAL?

http://www.511tactical.com/covrt-m4-shorty.html
http://www.511tactical.com/covrt-m4.html
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Anyone use either of the 5.11 bags? Shorty states 28.5, doesn't specify whether that's inside or OAL?

View Quote

Damned good question - I've had that bag bookmarked for a while, and it took some time to answer that...looks like it can hold 'only' ~27" OAL.
Scroll through the QnA section here (LAPG)

On the plus side, 511 direct and LAPG are doing 25% off, and I have a feeling while IMI is saying shipping the bag next week, and 20% mags/accessories, that the bags aren't included in the sale.
Tough call - $150 for a bag made in China, while the Elite Systems is US made, and actually cheaper, but doesn't quite have the pockets/layout I want. Meh.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Damned good question - I've had that bag bookmarked for a while, and it took some time to answer that...looks like it can hold 'only' ~27" OAL.

On the plus side, 511 direct and LAPG are doing 25% off, and I have a feeling while IMI is saying shipping the bag next week, and 20% mags/accessories, that the bags aren't included in the sale.
Tough call - $150 for a bag made in China, while the Elite Systems is US made, and actually cheaper, but doesn't quite have the pockets/layout I want. Meh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have an older Larue I use for my one AR, set up to carry that, 4 mags, cleaning kit and a G19 with holster, mag pouch and mags. It's nice, but was looking at something a little more
"discreet" to the non gun people. funny when we see someone with a tuckable holster and you see the clips and ask what they have. Even more so when they get mad because you made them.
It would be nice to see the Elite in different colors though.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:50:32 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I have an older Larue I use for my one AR, set up to carry that, 4 mags, cleaning kit and a G19 with holster, mag pouch and mags. It's nice, but was looking at something a little more
"discreet" to the non gun people. funny when we see someone with a tuckable holster and you see the clips and ask what they have. Even more so when they get mad because you made them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't want to know how many tabs I have open at the moment :-/
I've got a great 36" Allen bag that's sort of like a 'sniper drag bag," with internal straps I can actually use (unlike Drago/Condor/voodoo/Sig re-branded that go from end to end, and just let things flop around)...with molle (ok, so not so discrete, but a great bag) all on the front, along with several pockets of useful size.  If someone made this bag in 28-30", it'd be perfect.  

The latest Larue is nice, but 26".  My AUG in 9mm trim is just at 26", but even with the AAC breakout on my 5.56 barrel (shortens by ~3/8" vs OEM tulip), it's just shy of 28" OAL.
I've seen a few SBR bags, but it seems most of them are 26" outside dimensions.
The UTG is covert, but just doesn't look like it has any way of securing the rifle, and likewise for several other bags.

If the IWI bag goes on sale on Monday, I'll probably pick it up..if it doesn't, it's tough to pay $140 for a made in China, slightly altered Drago/condor/voodoo clone, no matter how nice having useful pockets is.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:45:15 AM EDT
[#36]
That UTG bag is HEAVY I've seen that most cheaply made items tend to be heavy, guessing it's the materials they use. Didn't the new Larue bag go to 27+?

Yup--edit
Dimensions:
Exterior 27.5” x 11” x 4.5” (the old version was 26" x 12" x 3.5")
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:22:56 PM EDT
[#37]
I've got an IMI bag coming, but couldn't resist doing some digging, as let's face it, both the IMI and LaRue Covert cases are both made, well - not in the US.
I'm quite sure this bag/company is who makes the Larue case, but while the Larue sells for $170, this one ran $60.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IWYQJEW
It won't likely fit an 18"+ AUG or Tavor, but does pretty well with my 16.5" AUG:

It's an Explorer 'Mojo' case - I've seen their bags for 3 gun and others online, and was always curious, as they seemed to have some actual thought put into them, and at a reasonable price.

It's not perfect, but a pretty nice set of options overall.  As far as I know, I've never seen the Exlorer offered in anything except for black, unlike the Larue variant, and the Larue has some slight changes on the inside top of the main compartment.
You get one long and 2 short padded sections to make 'compartments' as you see fit; in my case, the gun is snug top to bottom and left to right, so I used the long one to simply add more padding on top of my scope, and to form a compartment for a few (3) 30rd mags.
It also has 3x straps you can attach to the right hand side top of the inner compartment, inside the outer compartment, or anywhere on the bottom of the case, which is neat.
The upper right inside top (see pic) is all velcro, but it's in molle compatible columns, with a zippered compartment underneath it.  
The 3x mag pouches are somewhat tall, but you can still easily grab a 30rd mag out of one - I've got a 42rd in the punch on the right in the pic, tools in the left pouch, and my 9mm mag adapter in the middle one.  

The outer pouch is nearly as long as the case but fairly shallow, and the inside on one side is a full velcro panel so you can use the straps, or use your own for mag pouches, pistol holster, whatever.
I'm probably going to make some kind of divider or pouch to hold the 9mm barrel and bolt carrier in the outside compartment, and maybe add a few HSGI Tacos to the inside compartment molle to hold some 9mm mags + misc.

The padding is surprisingly thick, fairly stiff foam ~3/8" or so, and the top also has padding, while the outer compartment has a softer foam pad on the outside.
The bag comes with attachment shoulder straps, as well as a single 'luggage-style' shoulder strap.  If you're going to really load the bag down, I could see replacing the straps, but they're not bad for the $, IMO.

Seems to be a really nice bag for the $, if it works for you.  They also make one not so user-configurable, but with pouches on the outside, so a bit less 'covert,' but for ~$32 on Amazon.  I can see buying more bags from this company if this one holds up well.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#38]
I thought Tactical Tailor made Larue bags?
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 9:21:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I thought Tactical Tailor made Larue bags?
View Quote

It's possible, but if so, why doesn't Larue proudly state Made in USA on the bag's page?
Even down to the accessories page for the bag - the dividers, straps, etc - identical, so at the very least, we know where Larue got their 'inspiration' from.
I'd be very surprised if it's made by someone other than Explorer, but I may be wrong.
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 11:39:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Thank you for your order from IWI US Web Store! We wanted to let you know that your order (#2205) was shipped via UPS SurePost® 1 lb or Greater on 12/3/2014.  You can track your package at any time using the link below.

Shipped To:
xxx xxx
xxx street DR
SAN ANTONIO, TX 782xx-2421 US

Track Your Shipment: 1ZEY5472YW9450xxxx

This shipment includes the following items:

Item #DescriptionQty
TCC105Tavor® Complete Case (Flat Dark Earth)1

Thank you for your business and we look forward to serving you in the future!

IWI US, Inc.
Phone: 717-695-2081
Email: [email protected]

5 business days left :/
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 7:28:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Thank you for your order from IWI US Web Store! We wanted to let you know that your order (#2205) was shipped via UPS SurePost® 1 lb or Greater on 12/3/2014.  You can track your package at any time using the link below.
TCC105Tavor® Complete Case (Flat Dark Earth)1
View Quote

Mine's showing delivery for Sat currently, but we'll see..
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 8:46:46 PM EDT
[#42]
The bag showed up today.
Initial impression is pretty good overall.  The material is slightly thinner or the same as the Explorer Mojo bag, so guessing 500-600 denier, which is reasonable.  

It's slightly longer than the Explorer, and holds my AUG well enough with the straps, although I would somewhat prefer to be able to position my straps where I want to (on any bag, not just this one), as it's likely I could get a faster and nearly as secure setup with a pair of straps in the middle of the case, vs the 'two on top, one on the bottom' setup.

The sidewall padding on the Explorer is thicker and stiffer, while the IMI bag's foam throughout the rest of the bag is about the same thickness as the Explorer, but a bit softer/less rigid.  Having said that, it's padded pretty well, including in-between inner and outer compartments, and between the smaller outer compartment and the outside of the bag front where the pouches are.

My AUG 9mm kit doesn't fit it perfectly including the second stock, but that's somewhat to be expected, no?
The 9mm barrel's VFG doesn't fold up like it does on the 5.56 AUG barrels, and it's just shy of being able to slide fully into the pocket, but it works out to be close enough, IMO.
I'll convert the 9mm barrel's VFG to folding once I suppress it...

The front of the smaller compartment is elastic straps for mags, which always seem a better idea than they are in reality, somehow.
They fit mags well enough (see below pic), but I wouldn't have minded one bit if it were instead a collection of molle and velcro like the Explorer inner bag portion.  It would certainly cost more to line the inside of the bag with HSGI Tacos, but they'd be a bit less 'fiddly' filling up with mags.  However, this wasn't a 'surprise,' as this view is clearly shown in the IMI web site..

Unlike the Explorer bag, you can't loop a lock through the main compartment zipper (can't do on the outside compartment of the Explorer, either.  The Explorer has YKK zippers; the IMI are unlabeled.  The IMI has small cord + plastic loops...which are nice as long as the zippers and pulls hold up over time.  The IMI bag also has top and bottom' compression straps' to snug things up, which is nice.

The back of the bag has seven (yes, seven) D rings on it, polymer on the IMI vs 4 metal on tieback of the Explorer.
It comes with 2 straps that look like you can extend long enough to convert one for single 'luggage strap' type use if desired..nothing special, but probably adequate, more like luggage straps with a thin velcro padded section compared to a backpack with chest strap. D-rings etc..

I really like the front pouches - they're removable via snaps woven through the bag's molle, and each pouch has an inner and outer section if you want to divide them, along with an HSGI-like section of elastic cord, with adjustable tensioner, to try to keep the contents snug and not moving around.  They can also be expanded quite a bit, like ~6"+ forwards if so desired, which is pretty nice of loading it up with ammo, or in my case, a couple of boxes of shotgun shells + .223 and 9mm ammo for 3 gun matches..

Will see how it holds up.  I'd probably use the Explorer bag were I traveling or to stuff in a car or truck and leave it there a while, while the IMI bag with the front pockets should make for a pretty decent range bag overall.

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 9:09:49 PM EDT
[#43]
I ordered FDE. They sent Black. Email has been sent.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 6:05:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Finally got shipping notice on my case. IWI customer service has not been that impressive. The Tavor is.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 9:46:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Do you have a picture of a Tavor in the Mojo bag?
Link Posted: 1/2/2015 6:53:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Blackhawk 32" Homeland Security Discreet Nylon Black Rifle Case
For what it's worth, the price for this is pretty damn good. $39.00 plus $16 for shipping net $55.
The only downsides are (1)the case height is tight with an optic, my Mepro Tru-Dot just fits, that's without a mag
inserted.(2)the straps to secure the rifle are a little short, they'd be great with an AR, but only 1 is acceptable with the tavor,
the second just doesn't reach. I plan to make a foam cutout like the box came with anyway, for extra protection.
The exterior of this bag is tough, it will probably outlive me and be handed down to my children, and they would be hard-put to
destroy it in their lifetime. The outside pocket has a full panel of velcro, and comes with a triple mag holder, you can find double and triples
and medic bags, radio holsters, mesh bags, ID panels, even a velcro backed holster to hang a pistol or two in there.
It is definitely worth considering.
Pistol holster
Triple mag pouch
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 1:13:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Blackhawk 32" Homeland Security Discreet Nylon Black Rifle Case
For what it's worth, the price for this is pretty damn good. $39.00 plus $16 for shipping net $55.
The only downsides are (1)the case height is tight with an optic, my Mepro Tru-Dot just fits, that's without a mag
inserted.(2)the straps to secure the rifle are a little short, they'd be great with an AR, but only 1 is acceptable with the tavor,
the second just doesn't reach. I plan to make a foam cutout like the box came with anyway, for extra protection.
The exterior of this bag is tough, it will probably outlive me and be handed down to my children, and they would be hard-put to
destroy it in their lifetime. The outside pocket has a full panel of velcro, and comes with a triple mag holder, you can find double and triples
and medic bags, radio holsters, mesh bags, ID panels, even a velcro backed holster to hang a pistol or two in there.
It is definitely worth considering.
Pistol holster
Triple mag pouch
View Quote

Ordered -thanks, good price
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 3:35:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Do you have a picture of a Tavor in the Mojo bag?
View Quote

( This please...)
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 10:52:06 AM EDT
[#49]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top