Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:20:00 AM EDT
[#1]
You can find my 200 yard accuracy report on The High Road:  http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=758695&highlight=Tavor

I think the accuracy is quite respectable.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 9:38:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What I want to know is, where are these well documented issues with accuracy you are referencing? Also, how in the world are you going to get the same level of performance from an AR pistol out to 300 yards? As for the price of the TAVOR, it is what it is. Those that think it is too much do not have to buy it. I got mine for $1600 and it is darn well worth every penny. I have been as AR guy for almost 40 years and I own almost 30 of them and I am very impressed with the performance of the TAVOR. Yes, the trigger pull is a little heavy, but real men do not have a problem with it. It works and does exactly what it was designed to do. This weapon can take a licking and keep on ticking. It is not a substitute for an AR, but is sure would be great company for an AR. The fact that it has a very ergonomic design, uses M16/AR15 type magazines, has easy to use bolt and magazine releases, and can be stablized against the shoulder with one hand says a lot. The TAVOR is a quality weapon and the price reflects that. Just as any quality AR would.

I have a question, how long did you own your TAVOR and how many rounds did you put through it? Also, what kind of ammo were you using?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the talk you out of it group

You're paying 1500+ for a rifle that will have the same capability and quality as a $700 PSA rifle.

Except be the size of a SBR with 7.5" barrel while 1) not requiring ATF paperwork, 2) NFA registration, 3) require permission to cross state lines and 4) no loss of ballistic performance due to overall size of rifle.

Overall length of my Tavor was just under 27"
Overall length of my 10.5" Sig Brace is 29"

Tavor has accuracy issues that have been well documented. It's simply not as accurate as it should be for $1500, though it probably doesn't help that the barrel is attached to the rail and optics. The trigger is stiff and most people are buying the aftermarket packs ($300 more), and that trigger gets you to 4-5 lbs.

I'm not saying it's not a good rifle, I'm just saying that it's overpriced. You can spend $500-700 on a AR pistol with SigBrace and get the same level of performance out to 300 yards. Maybe even better, depending on the barrel you get. That's a hefty price difference and it has all the advantages you mentioned.

What I want to know is, where are these well documented issues with accuracy you are referencing? Also, how in the world are you going to get the same level of performance from an AR pistol out to 300 yards? As for the price of the TAVOR, it is what it is. Those that think it is too much do not have to buy it. I got mine for $1600 and it is darn well worth every penny. I have been as AR guy for almost 40 years and I own almost 30 of them and I am very impressed with the performance of the TAVOR. Yes, the trigger pull is a little heavy, but real men do not have a problem with it. It works and does exactly what it was designed to do. This weapon can take a licking and keep on ticking. It is not a substitute for an AR, but is sure would be great company for an AR. The fact that it has a very ergonomic design, uses M16/AR15 type magazines, has easy to use bolt and magazine releases, and can be stablized against the shoulder with one hand says a lot. The TAVOR is a quality weapon and the price reflects that. Just as any quality AR would.

I have a question, how long did you own your TAVOR and how many rounds did you put through it? Also, what kind of ammo were you using?

Owned it almost a year. Put over 2000k rounds through it. Used several types ranging from Wolf steel cased to match grade 77gr. You're "real men" comment is  condescending and childish. If that were true, every rifle would come with a 10lb trigger and the trigger packs would not be being made because there would be no market for it.

An AR can "take a licking and keep on ticking" as well. It is a substitute for an AR as it fires the same round and performs the same job and has the same measurables. It has no more easy to use bolt and magazine releases than an AR. So it's only real advantage is the ergonomics piece.

As for accuracy issues, I would invite you to search Bullpup Forums. Several threads dealing with accuracy

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-semi-auto-rifles/201953-iwi-tavor-any-experience.html
http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-semi-auto-rifles/255800-tavor-shooters-talk-me-recoil-accuracy.html
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=758695&highlight=Tavor
http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?317504-Tavor-accuracy

Every search I've come up with turns out similar discussions. People consistently get 1.5-3 MOA out of the Tavor and then justify it with phrases like "minute of bad guy" and "combat accuracy." When you have a pencil thin barrel that is connected to both the rail and the optic, that is going to be a result. To me, this is a poor design. With a bullpup, you have the opportunity to keep a long, stiff barrel that is capable of shooting out to 500+ yards while maintaining accuracy and the ability to utilize a rifle in close quarters.

Tavor is a quality rifle, but it is over priced IMO. For 1500+ you should expect a better quality firearm. I sold mine  for 1600 and was able to get a SigBrace Pistol AR and pay the rest towards a VP9 pistol. I've put about 400 rounds through my AR pistol and can't find any real differences in performance between the two. If anything, I'm more impressed that a 10.5 inch barrel is so capable out to 250-300 yards.

OP asked for reasons not to buy, I'm offering some. IMHO, it's over-priced for what it is. You're paying for a coolness factor with the Tavor and a different configuration. Had the ATF not released their letter on the SigBrace, I would probably still have the Tavor, as it is extremely useful in close quarters. But, IMHO, the SigBrace decision makes a AR pistol more useful and cheaper. I am personally waiting to see what Desert Tech can do with the MDR.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you looked into the new M17S from http://www.kmarms.com/  I dont have any personal experience with it but people are raving about the trigger.  Just a thought...
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow!!! You are actually comparing your 10.5" PSA pistol equipped with the gimmick of the week(SIG brace) to a proven, in use combat arm. And you actually think your choice superior. Your post, logic and argument is a FAIL in every sense.  
Quoted:

Owned it almost a year. Put over 2000k rounds through it. Used several types ranging from Wolf steel cased to match grade 77gr. You're "real men" comment is  condescending and childish. If that were true, every rifle would come with a 10lb trigger and the trigger packs would not be being made because there would be no market for it.

An AR can "take a licking and keep on ticking" as well. It is a substitute for an AR as it fires the same round and performs the same job and has the same measurables. It has no more easy to use bolt and magazine releases than an AR. So it's only real advantage is the ergonomics piece.

As for accuracy issues, I would invite you to search Bullpup Forums. Several threads dealing with accuracy

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-semi-auto-rifles/201953-iwi-tavor-any-experience.html
http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-semi-auto-rifles/255800-tavor-shooters-talk-me-recoil-accuracy.html

Every search I've come up with turns out similar discussions. People consistently get 1.5-3 MOA out of the Tavor and then justify it with phrases like "minute of bad guy" and "combat accuracy." When you have a pencil thin barrel that is connected to both the rail and the optic, that is going to be a result. To me, this is a poor design. With a bullpup, you have the opportunity to keep a long, stiff barrel that is capable of shooting out to 500+ yards while maintaining accuracy and the ability to utilize a rifle in close quarters.

Tavor is a quality rifle, but it is over priced IMO. For 1500+ you should expect a better quality firearm. I sold mine  for 1600 and was able to get a SigBrace Pistol AR and pay the rest towards a VP9 pistol. I've put about 400 rounds through my AR pistol and can't find any real differences in performance between the two. If anything, I'm more impressed that a 10.5 inch barrel is so capable out to 250-300 yards.

OP asked for reasons not to buy, I'm offering some. IMHO, it's over-priced for what it is. You're paying for a coolness factor with the Tavor and a different configuration. Had the ATF not released their letter on the SigBrace, I would probably still have the Tavor, as it is extremely useful in close quarters. But, IMHO, the SigBrace decision makes a AR pistol more useful and cheaper. I am personally waiting to see what Desert Tech can do with the MDR.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:01:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Im deviding right now between the two as well, i dont think its a fail.. the mk 18 is juzt as proven in combat if not more so. Just because it has different plastic then a b5 so what? I think your logic is somewhat of a fail though..
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:06:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Variety is to accommodate personal preferences and every body has their own opinion.  I'm sure body build can affect how people perceive and use tools like rifles and pistols.  I was unable to test fire the Tavor before buying but I did get to handle a couple in the LGS.  I liked the Tavor ergo's and have numerous AR's and I wanted to test the Tavor.   Personally I think it is a great weapon where I intend to carry it in built up areas and around vehicles.  I like the Tavor but you really never know until you shoot them.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 12:09:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wow!!! You are actually comparing your 10.5" PSA pistol equipped with the gimmick of the week(SIG brace) to a proven, in use combat arm. And you actually think your choice superior. Your post, logic and argument is a FAIL in every sense.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Prove it isn't. It meets my needs and matches the Tavor's ability out to 300 yards as well as close quarters. Have there been any reports catastrophic failures with the SigBrace? AR series is just as proven, if not more so. The Sig Brace doesn't change much in terms of it's capability. PSA has been shown to be quite reliable for a while now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:15:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Prove it isn't. It meets my needs and matches the Tavor's ability out to 300 yards as well as close quarters. Have there been any reports catastrophic failures with the SigBrace? AR series is just as proven, if not more so. The Sig Brace doesn't change much in terms of it's capability. PSA has been shown to be quite reliable for a while now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

For starters, 5.56 ballistics from a 16" barrel are far superior to a 10.5" barrel. The bolt release is FAR superior to an AR's. And your AR pistol isn't ambidextrous in fuction.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 1:56:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I could care less what anyone else shoots, but I would be interested to know the ballistic difference at 300 yards between rounds fired from a 10.5 barrel v the Tavor's 18" barrel.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:05:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I could care less what anyone else shoots, but I would be interested to know the ballistic difference at 300 yards between rounds fired from a 10.5 barrel v the Tavor's 18" barrel.
View Quote

The TAVOR comes with either a 16.5" or 18" barrel. I have the shorter of the two.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#11]
My next rifle will be a Tavor.

The only complaint I have heard has been the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:47:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

For starters, 5.56 ballistics from a 16" barrel are far superior to a 10.5" barrel. The bolt release is FAR superior to an AR's. And your AR pistol isn't ambidextrous in fuction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Marginal ballistic improvement up to 300 yards. There's about two inches more drop and about 100 fps difference.
I fail to see how the bolt release is "far superior." You have to jam it with your thumb and it's pretty easy to bump it prior to inserting a magazine. The bolt release on an AR is quite fine.
Neither is the Tavor unless you send it to a certified armorer. If you do it yourself, you void the warranty.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 2:48:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

2-3 inches of drop and about 150 fps velocity.

After 300 yards, you get quite a drop off for the 10.5 inch barrel, as you would expect.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Marginal ballistic improvement up to 300 yards. There's about two inches more drop and about 100 fps difference.
I fail to see how the bolt release is "far superior." You have to jam it with your thumb and it's pretty easy to bump it prior to inserting a magazine. The bolt release on an AR is quite fine.
Neither is the Tavor unless you send it to a certified armorer. If you do it yourself, you void the warranty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's a 3-400 fps difference. Not a 100fps difference. http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/223rifle.html
The bolt release is superior because  it's large, easy to hit, and in a spot where your hand is anyway during a magazine change. I've never hit it on accident, and i've never failed to hit it when I needed it. The AR's bolt release is so hard to hit in the heat of things that most instructors advocate not using it AT ALL, and relying on the charging handle instead. Taken any carbine classes?
And the Tavor's ambidexterity? Everything on the rifle can be changed at home or is ambidextrous from the box except the bolt. You can send the gun in, at cost for the bolt, and IWI will headspace and install a new bolt for you, at which point the user is free to switch between right and left hand ejection at will without ever sending it back.The AR can't do this AT ALL, so...

I've got half a dozen AR's. I'm not knocking the AR here.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

So you care?

Link Posted: 9/11/2014 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you care?

http://thefrustratedoptimist.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/caring.png

Lol... Well I'll just say again I love my tavor
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:27:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My next rifle will be a Tavor.

The only complaint I have heard has been the trigger.
View Quote

Guy are always talking about the trigger on the TAVOR. Most of them do not understand the reason for that. The TAVOR has a double spring system on the trigger. This ensures a quick reset, even under adverse conditions. Personally, I have no issues with the trigger. I can shoot it just fine. Do not judge the TAVOR's trigger based on what some guys are saying. You have to shoot the TAVOR to get a feel for the trigger. If you can pull the trigger on an AR very easily, you can pull the trigger on the TAVOR with ease as well. To spend $$$$$ for an aftermarket is nuts in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/11/2014 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Haha, could NOT care less.  Good one!

Personally I think the trigger would be fine for the guns intended military use, however those of us who use our guns for shooting games would be much better served with something light and crisp.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 12:42:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

After 300 yards, you get quite a drop off for the 10.5 inch barrel, as you would expect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good lord, first you are trying to compare a Sig Brace to a Tavor which is like comparing a Bumpfire stock to a FA.

Then you try saying there is only 150fps and 2-3" of drop?  Where are you pulling these out of?  Try 300+fps at the muzzle and 4+" drop at 300 and almost 20" by 500yd.

Try reading around and you will see many articles explaining why anything less then a 11" barrel in a 5.56 is worthless and actually very detrimental to performance of the round.  

We get it, you apparently don't care for the Tavor, but hard to take you serious when you are making the comparisons you keep throwing out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 4:30:00 AM EDT
[#20]
Never owned a bullpup but just ordered an OD green Tavor.  I was looking for a new toy.  Look at the SBRs.  I checked the reports and ratings and videos of the Tavor and I liked it so I ordered.
If the trigger can be improved with aftermarket trigger assemblies, then I will do that.  But I will see how it runs stock.

I have a really great Nikon 1-4 scope in a LaRue LT 104 that I can swap between the Tavor and my AR.  

Cannot wait to try this Tavor out.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Good lord, first you are trying to compare a Sig Brace to a Tavor which is like comparing a Bumpfire stock to a FA.

Then you try saying there is only 150fps and 2-3" of drop?  Where are you pulling these out of?  Try 300+fps at the muzzle and 4+" drop at 300 and almost 20" by 500yd.

Try reading around and you will see many articles explaining why anything less then a 11" barrel in a 5.56 is worthless and actually very detrimental to performance of the round.  

We get it, you apparently don't care for the Tavor, but hard to take you serious when you are making the comparisons you keep throwing out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a Tavor, and AUG and an FS2000.  I love the bullpup concept, in general.  The penalty you pay for it, IMO is weight and trigger.

I have really settled back on my 11.5" 6933 as my general purpose 5.56mm rifle.  The last ballistic data I looked at showed it at about 100 - 150 fps less than a 16" barrel.  As better than 95% of my shooting is 200 yards and in, the ballistics performance is adequate for my needs at about a pound to pound and a half less rifle to lug around.  If the extra weight doesn't bother you, then any of the mainstreams bullpups will serve you well.  

If any of the makers could shave a pound or so off of the weight, any of the bullpups would go to the top of my list.

I will say that my AUG with a 20" barrel makes a nice, compact, if somewhat heavy rifle length blaster.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:00:29 AM EDT
[#22]
Yea the weight is my biggest hangup too, followed by the accuracy just being alright. Maybe the smaller one will come.
Link Posted: 9/12/2014 9:09:04 PM EDT
[#23]

I am not an expert shot but the Tavor has proven itself to be as accurate as I need it to be.
2-3 inches at 100 meters with Wolf ammo is fine - especially using a non-mag EoTech.
(I do the same with an AR)

As far as the ballistic differences between a 10 or 11 inch barrel versus a 16 inch in 5,56... There is a significant difference in velocity
but personally, I would not want to be shot with either....

The first thing I learned when shooting my Tavor on a timed, steel plate event - was to slow down.
The Tavor moves ALOT faster on multiple targets than my AUG or any AR/M4 I have ever used....
You can easily over travel targets when moving and shooting.

Link Posted: 9/12/2014 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I am not an expert shot but the Tavor has proven itself to be as accurate as I need it to be.
2-3 inches at 100 meters with Wolf ammo is fine - especially using a non-mag EoTech.
(I do the same with an AR)

As far as the ballistic differences between a 10 or 11 inch barrel versus a 16 inch in 5,56... There is a significant difference in velocity
but personally, I would not want to be shot with either....

The first thing I learned when shooting my Tavor on a timed, steel plate event - was to slow down.
The Tavor moves ALOT faster on multiple targets than my AUG or any AR/M4 I have ever used....
You can easily over travel targets when moving and shooting.

View Quote

When Jerry Miculek was shooting the TAVOR on multiple targets for the first time, He had the same issue. He was over traveling the target. Once he slowed down a bit, he as able to hit with better speed and accuracy. With bullpups being closer in to our body, it is very easy to over travel on multiple targets. Most of us are so use to having a lot of barrel out in front of us. This is the adjustment you have to make with a bullpup.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:56:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Here is an older thread with some comparative data for 14.5, 11.5 and 10.3 barrels.  Note the huge drop off for the 10.3 and the relative comparability of the 14.5 and 11.5.

Just some more food for thought.

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=509733
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:09:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Since this thread is going sideways that brings up another point, bullet performance. What is the maximum range a bullet(M193 or M855) will reliably fragment at velocity reached out of a 10.5" barrel?
Quoted:
Here is an older thread with some comparative data for 14.5, 11.5 and 10.3 barrels.  Note the huge drop off for the 10.3 and the relative comparability of the 14.5 and 11.5.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 1:23:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Bank account will most likely be taking the hit.

Now I have to find something to buy the wife

View Quote

Back on track: Get it already. For your wife, buy a black one. Remind her everything goes well with black and she can accessorize. Best present ever, she will be thrilled.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Since this thread is going sideways that brings up another point, bullet performance. What is the maximum range a bullet(M193 or M855) will reliably fragment at velocity reached out of a 10.5" barrel?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a Tavor with the 18" barrel.  Here is the best data I can provide at this time.  Generally speaking, most sources say that reliable fragmentation drops below 2700fps and lethal wound channel potential drops below 2500fps.  The average difference between the 18" and the 10.5" came to 393fps at the muzzle.

XM855 62gr
18" Barrel
2999 muzzle
2554 150yds
2484 175yds

10.5" Barrel
2610 muzzle
2539 25yds
2470 50yds

XM193 55gr
18" Barrel
3142 muzzle
2570 150yds
2482 175yds

10.5" Barrel
2745 muzzle
2564 50yds
2476 75yds
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 11:48:34 AM EDT
[#29]
I love the ergos of the Tavor, everything is in the right place.  The length and balance makes up for the tiny bit of extra weight.  If you are used to a good Ar trigger the Tavors trigger is going to feel heavy.  That being said it is smooth.  I do not regret getting my Tavor at all and my Ar's are it's backup now.  Maybe someday I'll drop the $300-$400 on an aftermarket trigger.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I have a Tavor with the 18" barrel.  Here is the best data I can provide at this time.  Generally speaking, most sources say that reliable fragmentation drops below 2700fps and lethal wound channel potential drops below 2500fps.  The average difference between the 18" and the 10.5" came to 393fps at the muzzle.

XM855 62gr
18" Barrel
2999 muzzle
2554 150yds
2484 175yds

10.5" Barrel
2610 muzzle
2539 25yds
2470 50yds

XM193 55gr
18" Barrel
3142 muzzle
2570 150yds
2482 175yds

10.5" Barrel
2745 muzzle
2564 50yds
2476 75yds
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

XM855 62gr
18" Barrel
2999 muzzle
2554 150yds
2484 175yds

10.5" Barrel
2610 muzzle
2539 25yds
2470 50yds

XM193 55gr
18" Barrel
3142 muzzle
2570 150yds
2482 175yds

10.5" Barrel
2745 muzzle
2564 50yds
2476 75yds

Precisely the reason behind the many contradictory reports on the variable performances and failures of the M16/M4 system of weapons. Also
precisely the reason I stay away from short barrel weapons. SBR looks cool but their niche is confined to shooting across the room, particularly if you use 77 grain Mk262, whose MV is 2700 fps
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Precisely the reason behind the many contradictory reports on the variable performances and failures of the M16/M4 system of weapons. Also

precisely the reason I stay away from short barrel weapons. SBR looks cool but their niche is confined to shooting across the room, particularly if you use 77 grain Mk262, whose MV is 2700 fps
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

XM855 62gr

18" Barrel

2999 muzzle

2554 150yds

2484 175yds

10.5" Barrel

2610 muzzle

2539 25yds

2470 50yds

XM193 55gr

18" Barrel

3142 muzzle

2570 150yds

2482 175yds

10.5" Barrel

2745 muzzle

2564 50yds

2476 75yds

My thoughts...was looking at SBRs but went with a new OD Tavor.

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 9:48:14 PM EDT
[#32]
I took the extra trigger return spring off mine  and will be trying it in a match tomorrow.  While there is still a fair bit of sear engagement ( the trigger creeps about 1/8" on a slow careful pull) it is not too gritty and the pull is definitely lighter.  I would say the pull is slightly better than the average mil spec AR trigger I have tried.  Will see how the function is.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#33]
I broke down and pulled the extra spring out of my Tavor.  I was shooting off hand at 200 yards and felt like I could have done better with a little less take up weight.  I had a factory trigger in a Colt H-Bar which was worse than the Tavor trigger with the 2nd spring removed.   I've been spoiled by 2 stage NM triggers in AR's.  The Tavor factory trigger is fine for me in close range CQB style shooting but was noticeable at 200 yards.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#34]
I posted a couple more 10 shot groups, shot today, on THR if you are interested:  http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=758695
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Back on track: Get it already. For your wife, buy a black one. Remind her everything goes well with black and she can accessorize. Best present ever, she will be thrilled.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"Diamonds....that'll shut 'er up"

Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:19:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

...For a while.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#37]
stupid question but does the tavor use ar15 bolts? i read that on a comment page and i do not think that is correct?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:29:52 PM EDT
[#38]
The Tavor does NOT use an AR15 bolt.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#39]
No the bolt on the Tavor is proprietary.  The Tavor bolt uses a unique bolt lug design and a long stoke gas system.   The Tavor design seems robust and the only part I recall breaking on the IDF Tavor's  has been the charging handle but that is not frequent.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top