Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2014 1:33:20 PM EDT
I've decided that the "which is better Aug or Tavor' debate can only be settled by the get both mentality.  I just picked up a new FDE 16" Tavor to go with my A3 Aug.  It was NIB, but I bought it from an individual.  He left out the owner's manual. I just printed it off from IWI's site and am trying to familarize myself with it.  The first thing I came to was the adjusting the sights section.  Was I supposed to get a zeroing wrench too?
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, but you don't need it.  A screw driver will get windage and the elevation can by done with your fingers.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've decided that the "which is better Aug or Tavor' debate can only be settled by the get both mentality.  I just picked up a new FDE 16" Tavor to go with my A3 Aug.  It was NIB, but I bought it from an individual.  He left out the owner's manual. I just printed it off from IWI's site and am trying to familarize myself with it.  The first thing I came to was the adjusting the sights section.  Was I supposed to get a zeroing wrench too?
View Quote

Nice!  Looking forward to your observations between the two rifles.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I own a A3 and have shot a friend's Tavor.

Both are excellent designs, although I prefer the AUG.

AJ
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:13:49 PM EDT
[#4]
my zeroing wrench was in my cleaning kit. It looks like this.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:43:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
my zeroing wrench was in my cleaning kit. It looks like this. http://cdn3.volusion.com/odkap.mtvqu/v/vspfiles/photos/IWI-TSZSW-2.jpg
View Quote

Interesting, it's certainly not in the cleaning kit.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:29:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
my zeroing wrench was in my cleaning kit. It looks like this. http://cdn3.volusion.com/odkap.mtvqu/v/vspfiles/photos/IWI-TSZSW-2.jpg

Try calling IWI and telling them your tool was missing. Maybe they'll send you one.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I called IWI and they sent me a manual free of charge.  IWI  had a real person answer the phone and he was very friendly and professional.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:23:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I called them twice to ask questions.  It was great, a person answered the phones immediately both times, patch me right to CS, and CS was very knowledgeable on my tech questions.  Nice.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 10:15:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, see if you can get a manual as well. Best gun manual ever. Full color diagrams and step by step instructions for just about everything you could want.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 9:47:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah, see if you can get a manual as well. Best gun manual ever. Full color diagrams and step by step instructions for just about everything you could want.
View Quote

But do know tha you don't have to drive out the bolt retaiing pin with a punch as shown in the manual.  That's an error.  Just be sure to pull the guide rod and recoil spring fully aft and you can free it with your finger.  Also, apparently the new manuals come with a flier that shows the firing pin spring retained inside then bolt on disassembly and not coming out with the firing pin.  It's best to just leave it in rather than risk screwing it up when removing it.

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 12:33:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

But do know tha you don't have to drive out the bolt retaiing pin with a punch as shown in the manual.  That's an error.  Just be sure to pull the guide rod and recoil spring fully aft and you can free it with your finger.  Also, apparently the new manuals come with a flier that shows the firing pin spring retained inside then bolt on disassembly and not coming out with the firing pin.  It's best to just leave it in rather than risk screwing it up when removing it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There should be a piece of paper as an amendment to the bolt pin procedure.

And IWI switched back to the non captured firing pin spring because too many people were not reading and removing the captured spring and having problems. Personally I like the captured spring on mine.
The spring that came in my parts kit is the non captured type. I called them about it and they confirmed the switch.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top