Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/30/2014 6:57:57 PM EDT
Hello,

Just received my AUG A3 from PJ today, runs great, looks great, real slick rifle.  Love it!

I pitched a Scout light on there with a tape switch and came up with this setup for the switch:

http://i.imgur.com/AQMqHZI.jpg

It allows my fingertips to rest on the switch, yet takes a pretty deliberate squeeze to activate the light. I'm not activating it when I fire naturally.  

However scrolling through the picture thread I don't think I saw anyone else positioning their tape switch in such a manner.  Is there a better mounting option?

Do you foresee anything negative occurring with my tape switch mounted in that area?
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Some mount the pressure switch on the VFG, others put it on the stock underneath the light, others keep it right where you have it, but wrap it.

Your skin will thank you if you switch the QRP mount knob to the right side of the gun...
Link Posted: 7/30/2014 8:17:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I run mine like this..works fantastical..

Only negative I see with it on the left side is sling it and run and see if bouncing of your gear you can activate it.. My buddy ran one on the left side of a tavor and while running at night and transitioning to a pistol he looked like a strobe light to anyone down range.. Needless to say I ran away from the man beacon haha.. But if you don't get it to discharge then you should be good to go..  

I am curious on how everyone else is running there lights? The Aug is kinda a mystical beast when it comes to the weapon light activation..  Please guys feed this brother of the Aug some pics of your light set ups.. And me also I am curious..

And last but not least... Beautiful gun by the way.. You have great taste..
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I put a TLR-1 on a 6 inch rail on the right side and threaded the pressure switch behind the rail, under the receiver and onto the left side of the VFG.  I grooved the VFG to fix the pressure switch line.  I ordered a replacement VFG from Ratwox in case I ever sell the gun.  I'd post a picture but I'm dummy on that kind of stuff.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I surgically modified a surefire dual pressure switch and mounted it to the stock underneath the charging handle.

Reach back with your thumb from the off-hand and activate light or laser as needed.

I haven't really found a "perfect" setup, but this works fairly well.

I have toyed with the idea of trying to fab up my VFG with two buttons set into it, but haven't got around to trying it yet.  Problem with this would be swapping barrels, though.

I shot in a class with a former Delta guy who had done this with a VFG on his AR.  It was the best switch set-up I have ever run across so far.  Nice, positive click on and click off.

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Sparks,

Are you a lefty, or are you using your trigger finger to activate the light?

ETA:  Hallelujah that we are having a an AUG thread besides comparing it to the Tavor.....
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:28:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Nope I am right handed.. I run my pressure switches like this.. I also run a pressure switch on the rail and just cup the guard a little further to reach.. Looks goofy but works fine for me I can run and gun threw a House pretty proficiently running the light this way and also sling the aug and run a pistol without discharging the light accidentally..

Avslash. Can you post pics of your set up? I am curious how you guys are running them on the underside? I had it just below the charge when I first mounted it and am wondering if you are running it in the same spot.. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Here are some pics of the way mine is setup right now.

I don't like that it weakens my off hand grip, but it is about as functional as anything I have tried so far.  Haven't thought about the method Sparks is using before though. I hadn't ever considered a setup that would remove by off hand from the VFG.  Might have to experiment with that a bit.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top