Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2014 1:55:57 PM EDT
Just wanted to share 100% positive things to say about the Shooting Sight trigger for the Tavor. I received mine a few days ago and with a very minor fit to the gun issue it was time to take it shooting. The weather today for range day is kind of crappy. Heavy / full value cross winds about 15~25 mph, cold and overcast.

Great for rifle cooling but not a day to fire pretty groups.

The gun:

Tavor 16" black equipped with an Elcan Specter DR  1X~4X optic, Shooting Sight trigger with aluminum housing,
AAC M4-2000 suppressor , Brakeout muzzle brake / suppressor mount.

Ammo:

A true Heinz 57 mixture of lots of different ammo from my loading bench. Bullets range from 69 Sierra's , 52 BTHP's, 55 JSP's & SS109 green tip. Powders used VV N140 , WCC846 . H380, IMR-4895.

Primers: CCI standard & BR, Winchester , Federal & Remington.

Cases: LC military and commercial

As received my SS trigger breaks crisp a tad over 5 lbs. I dry fired it a couple hundred times to get the feel of it. Its easily and quickly "learned" and you definitely know when the shot will break using the Shooting Sight trigger.  

The stock Tavor trigger in contrast makes a caulking gun trigger feel like a precision trigger.

At the range:

ZERO misfires with over 400+ rounds fired. This is running with a suppressor and without .

The trigger breaks so smooth and consistent calling my shots is effortless. The stock trigger was impossible getting consistent trigger break / control with any consistency. The made a HUGE difference down range and on target.
You can now concentrate on your sights and trigger break Vs using the stock trigger where you never know when its going to break and its take more than X2 the effort. My stock trigger was about 11 Lbs.

The Shooting sight trigger performed flawless and checking it on my trigger pull gauge has not changed in over +400 rounds of live fire and a couple hundred dry firing. Very positive 1st stage and crisp 2nd stage break.

Kudos to Mr. Art for a trigger well done.

Starting a pile of empties~

Pile getting larger~

Larger~

100 Yards down range~

Accuracy I can live with.
For the conditions being windy enough to use a sheet of plywood for a kite and mixed ammo I am happy.
This type of accuracy was IMPOSSIBLE using the stock trigger. I know becasue I tried it......

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Good to see. I'll be biting on this or the Geissele version. Anyone heard how the shooting sight trigger works with the 9mm conversion?
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 2:23:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone heard how the shooting sight trigger works with the 9mm conversion?
View Quote

If its the same trigger pack as the .223 the Shooting Sight trigger is a direct replacement.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Great to see it runs fine with a suppressor not like the other currently available option.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 3:13:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Great report thanks...feel good about being on the list for run 2 now
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:02:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Can you elaborate on the "very minor fit to the gun issue"?
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 7:59:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can you elaborate on the "very minor fit to the gun issue"?
View Quote

Fit issue with the push pins and the aluminum trigger pack.
On a very few rifles the push pins seat more firmly or need a tap to fully seat Vs finger pressure.

Its been or being addressed now and should no longer be an issue.
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:26:10 AM EDT
[#7]
nice report I second the opinion had the minor fit issue as well noting a  few light taps with a brass pin  hammer did not solve  I practiced double taps yesterday at 50 yards free hand and had 3" groups I am very satisfied the trigger was the only down side for the Tavor now  fixed love the  trigger and the rifle  shooting wolf .223  

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:08:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#9]
This is what separates a good Tavor from a great Tavor....

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#10]
You guys are not helping me keep from spending more money.  The SS  TAV-D  looks very promising.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Any comments on the pro and cons of the aluminum versus the delrin trigger housings?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Any comments on the pro and cons of the aluminum versus the delrin trigger housings?
View Quote

Function is identical.
Delrin is a lower cost.
Anodized aluminum looks cool........
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine can't arrive soon enough!!! Damn the wait!
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 9:07:46 AM EDT
[#14]
We did the Aluminum for a cool look. I have prototypes of both materiel's. They work identical. Aluminum is just fancier and it takes 3 times as long to make the housings as Delrin. Myself personally like the Delrin better. Who sees it once in the pack?
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#16]
How much are these trigger packs going for? I just bought a Tavor and I know I will wind up with one
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:25:04 PM EDT
[#17]
$325 but can't buy from the web site yet.  Can you get on a waiting list?  I emailed about an aluminum version but never got a reply.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 9:38:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
$325 but can't buy from the web site yet.  Can you get on a waiting list?  I emailed about an aluminum version but never got a reply.
View Quote

The main guy ( trigger designer and builder / Shooting Sight ) is currently set up at Camp Perry , Ohio and set up on commercial row.
If you emailed him directly and did not get a quick response this is likely why.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:53:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rickenbacker53 is the keeper of "the list". Contact him to be added.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top