Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 7:35:24 PM EDT
[#1]
i guess they don't manufacture parts in house?
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And still waiting I called and was told waiting for parts so let's see how it goes
View Quote

It took four years for me to get replacement mags from them...I wish you the best of luck.
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 3:41:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You know what really blows for the owners of MSAR rifles along with what is great for the present MSAR Company?

No Lawsuits.

A member here could post tomorrow on how his MSAR Crippled him by self destructing at the range.

later on, it was proven to be the fault - defect in the Manufacturing Process.

The owner of that MSAR rifle cannot take legal action against the new MSAR Company.

He must go after the Old - Dead - Bankrupt MSAR Company that manufactured his rifle.

And, that Company is no longer around.   The previous MSAR Company only exists in ancient threads on Firearms Discussion forums.  

View Quote

What's the story on this?
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 3:43:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It took four years for me to get replacement mags from them...I wish you the best of luck.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
And still waiting I called and was told waiting for parts so let's see how it goes

I can't believe you ever actually got them. Crazy it took anywhere near that long.

As for MSAR. I wouldn't touch anything they make/made with a ten foot pole. Sure they made some good ones....but still.
Link Posted: 5/3/2014 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

well im gonna ship it back. My ffl told me he would ship it back for $40 dollars and Wendell at msar said i should get it back with in 2 weeks. so far i have to say that pretty good for CS. Gonna ship it out with in the next couple days. Im feeling alot better now , i have always loved the look and feel of this gun, now if i can just find more mags and another barrel (longer one) to play with
View Quote
DAY 31

Link Posted: 5/4/2014 5:20:33 PM EDT
[#6]
shipped  i should get it back around tuesday i will let you all know. its driving me crazy. i think i have a gun problem, i have traded a couple of hand guns in the last thirty days and ended up with an ak and another ar and i still look at guns wanting to buy more ( i have 2 ars now do i reallly need more?) i feel like im missing something hopfully when i get her back shes all good cause i really need to stop looking at guns all the time lol. i will let you know how she works when she comes home i have 100 rounds waiting to be fired from her........ my biggest problem is i have always loved the look and feel of this rifle.
Link Posted: 5/4/2014 5:24:55 PM EDT
[#7]
on the side note they didnt have to replace the rods they could have sent it back in 2 weeks after they replaced the extractor but they are replacing things that they know have issues i cant fault them for that. plus i traded for it and they are still fixing it i have to give them that. i could have had to pay to fix it myslef but i feel they are a pretty stand up company as of yet as long as shes good to go when i get her back. they didnt charge me anything
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 7:13:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Oh wait "I didn't get it shipped yet I didn't get the chance" WTF!!! Seriously passing me off here I'm waiting to get it on Tuesday like he said and nothing so I wait until today Thursday to call and now your gonna say you didn't ship it WTF. Well I hoping on having good things to say but I'm really at a loss of (good) words right now
Link Posted: 5/8/2014 7:41:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Oh wait "I didn't get it shipped yet I didn't get the chance" WTF!!! Seriously passing me off here I'm waiting to get it on Tuesday like he said and nothing so I wait until today Thursday to call and now your gonna say you didn't ship it WTF. Well I hoping on having good things to say but I'm really at a loss of (good) words right now
View Quote

Welcome to the wonderful world of dealing with MSAR.  I know exactly what you're going through...even have the 80 mags and shitty "new" E4 stock to prove it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#10]
well talked to Wendel at msar  he told me he was sorry he had gotten sent away from the shop for a week and that he was on his way back to the shop and that he would over night the gun to me tonight and i would have it tomorrow so lets see how it goes this time
Link Posted: 5/13/2014 3:43:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
well talked to Wendel at msar  he told me he was sorry he had gotten sent away from the shop for a week and that he was on his way back to the shop and that he would over night the gun to me tonight and i would have it tomorrow so lets see how it goes this time
View Quote

It's a shame that no one else working at MSAR knows how to ship a package.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 2:39:37 PM EDT
[#12]
GOT IT went out shot around 30 rounds (it's raining out) brass fires beautiful now steel it doesn't seem to like to load. Fires, ejects, closes but just doesn't put another round in the chamber. It does fine when I rack it just not every time after I fire it steel only. But whatever I will only run brass in it no big deal for me I love this gun sooner or later I'll buy a real Aug. It still makes me smile more then the 22lr and mini14 did..http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q22/dfeyent/Mobile%20Uploads/20140514_172247.jpg
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Did you try adjusting the gas setting to the lower setting when shooting steel?
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll try that tomorrow and see what it does what does the setting do? First rifle like this so I don't know anything really about it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'll try that tomorrow and see what it does what does the setting do? First rifle like this so I don't know anything really about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It adjusts the amount of gas applied towards working the action. It took several hundred rds on the heavy gas setting for all my STG's before they would reliably cycle steel-cased ammo on the std gas setting. However, due to accelerated bbl wear from the bi-metal bullets, I no longer use steel-cased ammo in my rifles.
Tomac
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 1:36:38 PM EDT
[#16]
As an update, I just got mine back from MSAR.  Took it to the range last weekend and was very pleased!   They replaced the extractor, which I would have effing done myself if I knew thats all it was and all my double feed/ FTF / FTE / no hold open woes were cured.  I put about 100 rounds through it in 5 different mags and i never had an issue.  Gotta say I am pumped now, it was a bargain for what I got it for now thats its running, and its a blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/15/2014 2:21:10 PM EDT
[#17]
The one I have never gave me a problem.

HDH.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

ups wants 70 for the cheapest over night and i have to overnight it because its a pistol in mi
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
well im gonna ship it back. My ffl told me he would ship it back for $40 dollars

Just so you know, you can ship it back to MSAR without involving your FFL.  Will save you $40.

ups wants 70 for the cheapest over night and i have to overnight it because its a pistol in mi

If you bought it after the 1st of last year, it's no longer a pistol. If you owned it prior to that, it is grandfathered in so you can carry it on your Concealed Pistols License. The "under 30" rule" is now the "Under 26 rule" and applies to SBR's now-a lot of good things have come recently in MI. The State Police know we will be carrying these SBR's and grandfathered 'pistols', they aren't worried about it because they don't think too many people will have them on them or in their car.  

I wanted a Tavor a lot more than an AUG as I am a lefty, but the Tavor wasn't released in time to make the before-2013 cutoff. So I bought an MSAR with a few rounds thru it.

If you get the MSAR back and like it enough to throw money at it, I highly HIGHLY recommend the 20/20 Precision Sear. Way better than stock-shorter and lighter by a country mile. A lot of guys will tell you to get the Manticore charging handle which is larger, but I haven't cared for it much. I'm trying to get one of the folding "Switchback" charging handles they released a batch of, they never seem to have come back in stock. With the right mods, the MSAR is a truck gun with few peers, but with SBR's legal in MI now there's not a lot of point.

I'm in Wolverine Lake if you want to check out my MSAR some time.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
CDNN is selling 42 round mags for about $19.00 each, I just got 5.  BTW, my MSAR runs fine.
View Quote

I forgot about this.... These mags will NEVER be this cheap again. Did they have 30's still?
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 12:30:13 AM EDT
[#20]
dfeyent, did you get a chance to try the steel cased ammo after adjusting the gas setting?  Fire some more rounds through it when you get a chance and if you're still happy with it maybe you could say so in your original topic heading.  Good luck and hopefully you're good to go now.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 3:46:17 AM EDT
[#21]
dfeyent, I think I remember reading that these guns should be broken in will have brass then steel will work fine.
I bought my msar with several 1000 rounds through it and steel runs fine.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 6:44:35 PM EDT
[#22]
deleted
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 2:36:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
dfeyent, I think I remember reading that these guns should be broken in will have brass then steel will work fine.
I bought my msar with several 1000 rounds through it and steel runs fine.
View Quote

I bought my E4 used too - haven't had issue one with brass or steel.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top