Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2010 11:56:03 AM EDT
Just found it through a link in the Magpul forum.  It's really cool looking, I want!  Someone want to translate the page/

http://www.altair.com.pl/start-4907

ETA: I guess people say that these are non-functioning prototypes.
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 12:23:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn, that's sexy
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 12:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]
no sights?

oh no, post 666
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 12:35:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
no sights?

oh no, post 666

Here drink this Holy water. You'll be ok in the AM.
Link Posted: 8/14/2010 2:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]

One of the guys involved in the development of the MSBS posted for awhile over at militaryphotos.net and he knows his rifles and is a HUGE bullpup fan.

It's going to be AWESOME and there is certainly the intent of making it available for the civilian market here in the U.S., but whether they'll be able to pull that off with the PITA 922r B.S. is another question.

I'd like to see the MSBS brought here to the U.S. more than the ARX 160 or the CZ S805.

Link Posted: 8/14/2010 10:45:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Reminds me of the Magpul PDR prototype, I like it.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 4:36:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Damn, that's sexy

+1
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 6:29:01 AM EDT
[#7]
just put me on the waiting list
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Awesome.  Another bullpup we'll never get to buy
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 7:39:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Reminds me of the Magpul PDR prototype, I like it.

thats what I thought.

::waits for shrubmaster to get  their hands on this rifle and ruin it as well::
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 8:20:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks pretty dificult to turn it into a left hand shooter.  You would not only have to switch the bolt but put the charging handle and brass deflector on the other side and make 2 covers.  One for the ejection port and one for the CH slot.

MadDog
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 8:40:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Still want!
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I like it. I'd like to see more of it. So far it looks well thought out.
Link Posted: 8/15/2010 7:23:49 PM EDT
[#13]
It's purty, sort of reminds me of the ACR. I'd love to see one in 5.45 that takes AK-74 mags.
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 3:44:46 AM EDT
[#14]
As translated by google
New MSBS-5, 56
3rd August at a seminar held in the Military Technical Academy presents a new look carabiners included in the Modular System Small Arms 5.56 mm (MSBS-5, 56).

Adam Gawron, head of the team to fine tune the functionality and ergonomics MSBS-5, 56, subkarabinkiem butt in the system with a barrel length of 255 mm
Demonstratory firing technologies and their mechanisms are still being worked out at the Military Technical Academy and the Radom factory Weapons (see MSBS-5, 56 in action), but in the meantime, the WAT was subassembly can fine tune the ergonomics and functionality of this design. It is kind of a novelty when creating weapons in Poland, for the first time artists from the Academy decided to cooperate with an external group of designers. A group of four, working in close collaboration with the designers of the WAT, is directed by Adam Gawron, its also includes Gregory Misiołek, Bartosz and Maciej Stefaniak Sajdak. The outcome of the team is different from the existing modular weapons, as well as new models of rifles in the classical system and butt, as it seems close to the target structure.

Comparison of mock-ups of the basic rifle (barrel length 406 mm) from butt subkarabinkiem (255-mm barrel)
MSBS-5, 56, still relies on a common chamber, the castle, which is a main module, but this has been redesigned. Changed its shape, moved the tensioner, the trick is to be stationary while firing, eliminated the unnecessary edges. The basic unit shall be accompanied by a different chamber trigger and, in the classical variety - one double and a flask, and the bezkolbowej - Footer flask, bed (with a hole to allow access to the gas regulator dwupołożeniowego allowing normal shooting with a silencer and sound), overlay the rear of the bus performs the role of pillows podpoliczkowej.

Subkarabinek developed under the MSBS-5, 56 in the classical system with a barrel length of 255 mm
It is worth recalling that the universal application of the castle enclosure systems for various weapon design had to reduce production costs, easier logistics, and allow the weapons to any configuration tasks. What's more, this is a huge distinguishing Polish weapons, its unique feature, that uniquely identifies a system of shooting in the global market.

Has improved the functionality and ergonomics of rifles, it is less noticeable in the case of the classic version, but largely in bezkolbowcu. In the first case was abandoned two latch release lever suwadło from the rear position, straight right from the M16, introducing instead dwuskrzydełkową lever integrated into the trigger bow. Buttons on both sides were reduced latch magazine, much better wkomponowując them in the chamber drain wall. Switch the type of fire still remained three position, but his jump is much smaller. Introduced a new, folded on the right side of the flask with adjustable feet long, equipped with a pillow podpoliczkową.

Carbine butt in the system with 406-mm barrel. In the photo marked A - The two-gas control (normal / silencer), B - front and back, while shooting stationary handle tensioner, C - double-sided magazine release button, D - Switch the type of fire, E - łatwowymienną barrel screw, F - an extra magazine clip (located on the left side only), G - release latch lock from the rear position
The greatest changes occurred bezkolbowcu - mainly appeared similar to a variety of classic, large, bilateral leverage magazine buttons, located within reach of fingers on the trigger. Distance decreased grip and magazine outlet, allowing to shorten the distance from the shoulder to the finger on the trigger. On the left side of the chamber behind the trigger appeared an extra magazine clip and the socket on the back of the magazine locking latch plate on the back of a moving assembly after firing the last bullet.

Mock-ups were presented with long barrels 255 and 406 mm, which is in the form of subkarabinka and basic rifle. For now, the rapid prototyping machine (printer, three-dimensional) models of formed plastic, but we are working on placing of existing mechanisms in the new chamber of the castle.

In a classic rifle introduced dwuskrzydełkową zwalaniającą suwadło lever from the rear position, embedded in the trigger bow. Also introduced a new, folding the right side of the flask with adjustable feet long, equipped with a pillow podpoliczkową
It was decided also to start work on a new, jednostrzałowym suspended grenade launcher 40 mm caliber, dedicated to the MSBS-5, 56, in place of the trials connected to the power of the carbine model GPBO-40. During the seminar, presented the first models of the new design, which - admittedly - looks extremely futuristic. Although developers will build upon the experience of SBAO-40 grenade launcher, however, will be designed from scratch and will be marked by the barrel deflected the charge, but only in one direction, as well as the language of the trigger and grip of a different shape of the extended far forward, which is facilitate the carrying and shooting.

The weapon, which will go to the Polish Army will be complete by the additional equipment, yet the process of selection and matching accessories for construction, visible in the photographs should be regarded as provisional, but illustrating the directions in which they go seeking.
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 4:28:05 AM EDT
[#15]
I like the controls. Look at where the magazine release is at.

Pretty cool.
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 9:48:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Since I had to look them up, I thought I'd share:

255 mm = 10.0393 inches
406 mm = 15.9842 inches
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Since I had to look them up, I thought I'd share:

255 mm = 10.0393 inches

406 mm = 15.9842 inches

So are they thinking of pretty much using the bullpup as a PDW? Basically looks like they've taken the Magpul PDR concept (halloween beat me to it). I'm digging the magazine release.

I'm telling ya folks there are some exciting days ahead for bullpup fans.  The future is going to be filled with some pretty great designs.
Link Posted: 8/16/2010 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#18]
The early working prototypes have been in this forum before:

From www.militaryphotos.net:

And if I can make this work... a brief video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkOP6nGdQxQ&feature=player_embedded

Sadly, these aren't due out until 2014

Program schedule:
2007-2010- design and test assault rifle prototypes in bullpup and classic layout
2011-2013- build complete system including assault rifle, sniper rifle, grenade launcher and light machine gun
2014-2016- introduce new weapons
Link Posted: 8/18/2010 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#19]

This one reminds me of a FN PS90, except for the magazine placement.  The other pics definitely look like they borrowed a few things from Magpul, as already noted.

Really excited about what the near future will bring in the way of bullpup rifles.  The first thing I will be critical of when handling a bullpup is how the trigger feels.  That's always been the drawback of my bullpups.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top