User Panel

Page / 72
Link Posted: 3/30/2013 7:46:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dang, that LOP looks pretty long on the Tavor..

Any of you guys that have them already try it with armor on?

I believe the LOP is close to 16".

Correct:

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b549/E36Variance/Tavor/DSCF1435-1024_zpscd7a5b96.png

Damn, thats 2 inches longer than a UBR at full extension.  I presume the reaward weight bias makes it not so awkward.?

If you could put the X95 style recoil pad on it that would help, but then I think the rifle would be into SBR territory with regards to OAL.
Link Posted: 3/30/2013 10:57:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Have you never shoulder a Bullpup?.

Just shooting an AUG A1, with a LOP of 15", without armor.  The Tavor would be about 17'-18" LOP with gear.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 10:18:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 10:43:40 AM EDT
[#4]
While I will be happy to get the IDF that I have been so excited about, I am starting to think I should have gotten the flat top.  I am jealous of you guys (at least for a little while longer).
HardShell- I wanted to have the first one Alabama.  No fair!
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 12:23:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Any issues with running Magpul back up rear sight with the stock flip up front post sight?
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 1:54:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Am I the only one who wants to shave down the seams on the frame?
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 4:32:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats probably the best looking Tavor I've seen so far. The optic is just perfect.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 4:56:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I hate you...can't wait for mine!
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Its............beautiful.....

Link Posted: 4/3/2013 5:11:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Sold out
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#13]
What optic is that?
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 5:17:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 5:24:25 PM EDT
[#15]
HardShell,

Still waiting for my Copes FDE but those pics make me wish the Mepro 21 came in FDE!! I'm flip-flopping between the Mepro and the Aimpoint Pro.
Link Posted: 4/3/2013 8:54:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 4:40:28 AM EDT
[#18]
How is the cheek weld with those optics?  My leupold in an lt-104 is ready to go but I am now concerned if it may be a little too low?  Also just curious what you thoughts were on the included mag?
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 6:11:16 AM EDT
[#19]

Do the backup sight co-witness through the eotech? Looks like the eotech may sit too low for that from the picture.

Link Posted: 4/4/2013 7:55:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
How is the cheek weld with those optics?  My leupold in an lt-104 is ready to go but I am now concerned if it may be a little too low?  Also just curious what you thoughts were on the included mag?

I can answer on the CAA/IWI magazine.  They are good to go.  I attended a private shoot for gun writers last week where IWI had 5 brand new Tavors, straight out of the box with just a light spray on lube before shooting.  (3) black 16.5" barrels, (1) IDF and (1) 16.5" FDE.  All ran 100% with the 30-40 IWI/CAA 30 round magazines with sight window that we had on hand.  We shot 1000+ rounds in about an hour through these guns, one of the guns was suppressed the entire time and ran great.  The guns with optics were very accurate, I didn't care much for the back up iron sights, but they are backups and they work for their intended use.

All Photos Courtesy of Laura Burgess Marketing's Facebook page.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 8:14:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 8:18:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Nice,  the more I see positive reviews on these the more anxious I am waiting for mine.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 8:41:58 AM EDT
[#23]
great looking guns guys! How do you think the co-witness would be with a Eotech EXPS2-0 with the backup sights?
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 4:47:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Well mine is in at my dealer, been there since yesterday.. Wont be back in Tennessee until Friday night, so Saturday first thing!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Where's your dealer I'll go stea...I mean safeguard it for you until your return

I have my dealer hunting a FDE model for me
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Argh, my dealer still hasnt heard anything from her distributors, some of them havent even received tavors from charles daly yet, and these are companies such as bangers, and davidsons.

Is there any way my dealer can order one directly from IWI?
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Argh, my dealer still hasnt heard anything from her distributors, some of them havent even received tavors from charles daly yet, and these are companies such as bangers, and davidsons.

If they can, let us know.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

First, Charles Daly, when owned by KBI, went out of business over 3 years ago. They are long gone and have nothing to do with the Tavor.

Second, Davidson's and Banger's already received (and probably sold out) their first shipment.

And third, no. IWI US does not have a Dealer Direct program at this time.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 8:31:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Any plans for an adjustable gas block? My only (small) gripe.
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Co-witnesses withe the Eotech 552.  It's perfect for me!!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2013 10:31:31 PM EDT
[#31]
I would love to have her SBR'd and pick up a factory C barrel! I alo need to get a pressure switch for my TLR-2s.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 4:47:53 AM EDT
[#32]
Does anyone know if the shipment of IDF models went out on April 1st. I was hoping to hear from Cope's by now?
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 6:31:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Was told by Cope's that I was #1 for the IDF.  No word yet.  Will post when I here from them.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 7:22:05 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I would love to have her SBR'd and pick up a factory C barrel! I alo need to get a pressure switch for my TLR-2s.

I would love to see factory 15" barrels as well.

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 8:46:28 AM EDT
[#35]
Anyone know when the Lefty bolts will be available?  Tried to email IWI, but they are too busy.  I am not interested in facebook.

thanks
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 2:37:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 4:01:42 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Co-witnesses withe the Eotech 552. It's perfect for me!!!

Co-witnesses with my Aimpoint on a QRP as well, just double-checked.

I'm not a fan of cowitness...

Got my FDE today, VERY NICE. But still pondering the optic conundrum.
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 4:06:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/5/2013 7:37:33 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First, Charles Daly, when owned by KBI, went out of business over 3 years ago. They are long gone and have nothing to do with the Tavor.

Second, Davidson's and Banger's already received (and probably sold out) their first shipment.

Hey Mr. K,  thanks so very much for not giving in and for coming through with the US Tavor.

Well done sir.

Will there be a pre order or a list for the 9mm conversions?

Link Posted: 4/5/2013 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey Mr. K,  thanks so very much for not giving in and for coming through with the US Tavor.
Well done sir.

Will there be a pre order or a list for the 9mm conversions?

I was just wondering about direct sales, due to when i called your company, there was a "Sales" option, it's the one i selected when i talked to you over the phone a few weeks ago. So i didn't know if there were direct sales or not.
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 4:36:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 5:02:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Where is the cheekweld supposed to be with these? Or does it matter?

When are we going to get aftermarket accessories?
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 8:40:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Have any guns been shipped to Zanders?  I ordered a couple along with both caliber conversion kits and extra magazines in all three calibers from them back in December.
Link Posted: 4/7/2013 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It doesn't matter if you are using a modern red dot sight. Check out MAC video's in another post for some video of how it's done.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 6:38:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It doesn't matter if you are using a modern red dot sight. Check out MAC video's in another post for some video of how it's done.

And with the stock sights?
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 6:42:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same thing.  You simply shoulder the rifle and your cheek naturally goes to the right place on the stock.  

Honestly I think you might be  over thinking it a bit...do you have to "think" about where your head goes when you shoulder an AR or AK?  Same thing, your head just naturally is in the right spot on the stock to see the sights when you shoulder the rifle.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 9:47:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same thing.  You simply shoulder the rifle and your cheek naturally goes to the right place on the stock.  

Honestly I think you might be  over thinking it a bit...do you have to "think" about where your head goes when you shoulder an AR or AK?  Same thing, your head just naturally is in the right spot on the stock to see the sights when you shoulder the rifle.

I have fired hundreds of thousands of rounds with an AR though, so it's different. And even then, I still make adjustments.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have fired hundreds of thousands of rounds with an AR though, so it's different. And even then, I still make adjustments.

Don't know what to tell you if you have fired hundreds of thousands of rounds with a rifle and haven't settled into a constant place or stock setting to get on the sights the same every time...just shoulder a Tavor and you'll figure it out.
Link Posted: 4/10/2013 9:04:30 PM EDT
[#49]
The 18's are coming!!! But where is my freakin' Copes 16 inch FDE #23??????????????? And does anyone notice the Zombie green stocks in the background???

Link Posted: 4/10/2013 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The 18's are coming!!! But where is my freakin' Copes 16 inch FDE #23??????????????? And does anyone notice the Zombie green stocks in the background???

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/563189_301498183314042_200999585_n.jpg

Looks like Foliage Green taken with a crappy camera
Page / 72
Top Top