Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2017 9:31:39 PM EDT
I've always had good luck with Midsouth Shooters, and I saw they were linking to a new online store called ReloadingValley which had good prices on blems (http://www.reloadingvalley.com/).  

Well I made one order for a 400 different 30 cals (on July 14), cost was $98 otd.  A couple days later I made an order for 1000 pulled 22cal 55gr FMJ (on July 16), cost was $60 otd.  If everything had arrived correct, these wouldn't have been bad prices for plinking and testing.  

.......the company porked me and sent me two orders of the 1000 55gr FMJs.  So I ended up paying $98 for 1000 pulled 55gr FMJs (which is nothing special).  See the linked photos.  

Each of the two orders was shipped in separate boxes and I received them on different days, the wrong order was received on July 29 and correct order was received on July 31.  I opened both boxes on July 31.  

Of course, now the 30 cals are out of stock (it took two weeks to get to me).  I asked for a refund and said I'd be happy to send the extra 22cals back to them.  We will see how they make this right.  This is what you get for going with new "bargain" retailers.  

After taking two full weeks to get to me and getting my time and my money wasted like this....there's no reason to ever go back to this ReloadingValley.   

This now makes me question Midsouth Shooters Supply, because it was their stupid emails blasts that made me give ReloadingValley a chance.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2017 9:46:21 PM EDT
[#1]
So did they make it right or are you waiting to find out if they will make it right? Never used them so no clue on the CS.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 9:58:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So did they make it right or are you waiting to find out if they will make it right? Never used them so no clue on the CS.
View Quote
I am still waiting to hear back from them.  I will definitely update this thread on the response I receive.  ReloadingValley has not yet even had a chance to make this right.  

If they make it right, then all will be good but there will still be time wasted that I had to spend taking the photos and showing them what happened.  It was only after taking the photos to show them that I decided to post on here about it.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 12:45:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Everybody, especially new companies, make mistakes. Your mistake was and is, bashing them prior to discovering how they work this out.

If, after all is said and done you get screwed out of some money, that is when you should bitch to the world. Not one second before.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
So you haven't even let them make it right yet you are on hear bashing them?
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 12:52:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Seems like an easy mistake to make, wait for a resolution or lack thereof before putting them on blast.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:10:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I can barely make heads or tails of this tale, especially this part: "...Of course, now the 30 cals are out of stock (it took two weeks to get to me).  I asked for a refund ..."

Is this summary correct?

You ordered 1,000 for $60 and got two orders of 1,000 for $98.  
The 30 cals you ordered turned out to be out of stock.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 1:33:47 PM EDT
[#8]
System Message
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:17:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Unlocked so OP can post AAR
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:19:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:25:21 PM EDT
[#11]
So AAR report is that it's still ongoing.  The website doesn't have a phone number I can find on the site (if anyone wants to alert me to it, please do).  I've emailed the company (and used their contact webpage form) half a dozen times and gotten no response.  Anyway, that's it.  

As to me bashing them, what I posted was the truth.  A retail store one job in life...to send ppl what they order.  They failed at their one job in life.  Of course mistakes happen, but I made it clear they had not yet had a chance to respond.  I even said if they make it right then all will be good.  The point of my post was to show that this place was busch league.  Those insights are beneficial to reloaders, which is why I started this thread.  To bash me and accuse me of bashing them when I outlined every detail is ridiculous (actually it's like the media).  In what world were you born where you think its okay to fail at your job and not get called out for it?  Huh? 

That reminds of when we used to get young kids (18 or so) into this unit of folks I worked with.  The kids would have chips on their shoulder because they were pissed off at themselves or their own miserable lives (and some of them did have miserable lives).  But I learned that once you showed them how to do something the right way and they actually did it the right way and were told they did it right, they got validation and the chip on their shoulder melted away.  All you tool bags knocking me for "bashing" a company that actually screwed up are like those kids with chips on their shoulder...you're angry at something in your lives and I don't think it's me.  But maybe I'm wrong.    

I thought it was a little communist for the mod to close the thread, but I see now that he was likely trying to prevent a flame war..and that's fine.  It was the right thing to do.  But the bottom line is the company failed to send me what I ordered, and that alone is enough to warrant a public post when my post made clear they haven't had a chance to rectify the situation.  Now that they've failed to respond to me, they've shown they either a) take no pride in their operation or b) they are in way over their heads...either answer is just bad and ppl deserve to know about it.  But who knows, maybe they saw this post and think "hey screw that guy," well if so that's fine too.  

You guys wanting to hate on me can go be about your business elsewhere.  This doesn't concern you.  
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:40:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the mods should have left this locked given your childish name calling.  We are all adults, everyone gets called out for bashing first without letting a company fix the problem.  Your immaturity in this regard isnt helping you.
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:54:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/9/2017 11:55:04 PM EDT
[#14]
System Message
Link Posted: 8/13/2017 10:36:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Unlocking so OP can give an update.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:06:56 PM EDT
[#16]
After coming back from a weekend trip, I found a box on my doorstep with the correct 30 cal bullets inside, from Reloading Valley.  Now I never got any communication from them, and I've checked spam folder everyday.  I also did not receive a shipping notice from UPS like I did for the first two orders which makes no sense to me.  I wish communication had been better...just a simple email saying, "hey, we're sending you your sh--."  But as far as I'm concerned, all is right between me and Reloading Valley.  

Having said that, seems like I touched a nerve with this thread and I honestly do not know why.  I simply don't understand it.  Regardless, I posted my experience so take it for what it's worth.  

<snip> no call outs. 

Why your thread went sideways,
1) You didn't give company enough time to make it right.
2) We don't do bashing threads in this technical forum.
3) We don't know you here. First post is a bashing thread.

I'm going to lock this thread for the last time. It's going to stay locked. dryflash3
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 11:56:58 PM EDT
[#17]
System Message
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top