Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2017 1:17:18 AM EDT
Does anyone else look to Optimum Barrel Time and Quickload to develop loads that may be right for their guns?

My 7mm-08 AR10 has a 22" barrel and according to this chart OBT Chart around 1.127 ms would be one of my nodes.

If you want to read more on the optimum barrel time then this is a good read. Optimum Barrel Time Research

I used quickload to determine about what powder charge I needed to obtain that node. Warning you have to adjust quickload to fit your rounds. I'm loading longer than SAAMI specs. My case capacity measured in water was 1 grain higher than the default quickload.

I haven't gone to the range yet, but I've loaded up some test rounds to see how things go.

Here's what it looks like in quickload.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top