Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2017 7:28:50 AM EDT
these guys are kinda local to me and this looks goos, initial buy for new "brass" then I can pick it up much easier while knowing what is mine since I doubt many others have this in my area.  

anyone here try it out?  thoughts?

https://www.shellshocktechnologies.com/

https://www.shellshocktechnologies.com/product-category/cases-reloading-tools/

32 RELOADS OF ONE 9mm LUGER CARTRIDGE CASE UNTIL CAMERA BATTERY DIED
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:03:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:05:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:08:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Not sure why you want to discuss factory ammo in the Reloading Forum?

I don't buy or shoot factory ammo.
View Quote
I think the company only makes cases.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 8:12:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:12:54 AM EDT
[#5]
they make the shells, they are half aluminum and half stainless steel.  they only sell the shells/brass, they have links to other companies who sell loaded ammo but all shellshock does is sell the "brass"

https://www.shellshocktechnologies.com/product-category/cases-reloading-tools/

I made this post here to discuss buying their special new brass and then loading it myself, the steel section makes it easy to pick up with a magnet and claim is good for up to 30 reloads.

to load the NEW brass you can used regular dies, to RELOAD/PROCESS it you need their dies which have a spring in the sizing die that pushes the shell out instead of using the shell plate to pull it out.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Interested to hear if anyone has used them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:24:31 AM EDT
[#7]
We had a thread about this a while ago, the general consensus was pretty much; no.

Not only were the dies ridiculously expensive, but you are then required to buy special brass, which adds more to the price.

Not to mention at ranges today you have essentially an unlimited supply of 9mm, it makes this new fangled item even less needed. It's not bad to try and advance the cartridge reloading game, but this won't be the next major breakthrough, at least not in 9mm.

You are also incorrect about first loading, it will still require the special dies, you need to resize new brass just like 1x brass due to jostling in shipping.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:06:58 AM EDT
[#8]
I does look unique, and being able to police up the brass with a magnet is appealing.  

But with 9 mm regular brass pretty much free for the taking, and special dies needed, it looks like a solution in search of a problem.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I agree. Not needed and very expensive. Innovative, yes, needed, no.

32 reloads sounds good but add in the cost of cases and dies. $100 dies and $100 per 1000 cases.

With the aluminum head the primer pocket will expand to where it won't hold a primer in, these guys could have tested many cases before finding one that could go the distance. 9mm brass is just laying around ranges all over, free to anyone willing to pick it up.

I wouldn't give this any more consideration, too costly. Nice try, but no thanks.

BTW, the site says the cases come from the factory ready to load, no need to size, flair. You may find a few that got damaged during shipping, that's true, but being made from nickle plated stainless steel I doubt you'd find any.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:47:22 AM EDT
[#11]
yes these were my initial thoughts on this, cool, neat idea.... spendy, but for what gain.....

however they claim they are going to release a 5.56 shell like this later this year which really interest me, not so much for 5.56 but 300blk, sure I can make my own from range pick up but do I really want to spend the time doing so?  not really.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top