Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2016 6:57:01 PM EDT
Those of you who reload shotshells, how do you clean the hulls prior to reloading??

Thanks
primerhead
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 7:09:04 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't clean shotshell hulls unless they have dirt or mud on them. If you do clean them simply wipe them off with a clean dry rag. Don't want to get water or solvents in a 2 piece hull or ones with paper basewads in them. Just don't clean or if you do wipe with a dry rag.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I run them through my rotating media seperator back and forth for just a bit. Gets out any hay or sand from the ranch.. clean enough..

I do this with brass too BEFORE tumble to limit those things from contaminating media.
Link Posted: 9/28/2016 11:36:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/29/2016 6:10:51 AM EDT
[#4]
I have mostly Win AA hulls shot on a skeet range, never clean them, they load and shoot great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top