BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Im still waiting my Jan 28th special order to arrive. Looks like today or tomorrow based on others in this thread. However, it does appear they will be actual pulled bullets.
Ordered the week or two before that Jan 28th deal, and those bullets were all brand new.

No marks, no crimps, shiny as fresh copper. So will be a little of a let down that these are not up to that standard.
But obviously, they are getting deals on bullets in with varying degree of quality and selling accordingly. One month might be seconds ( still look new ), while next month is actual tear downs.

Price = fine by me. Play the game and sometimes win big.

I'm glad you mentioned that. Anyone buying bullets from vendors other than the top name brands should be doing weight checks on all bullets. A few tenths of a grain off is ok for me as I just load for plinking. But 115 to 124 is definitely something to be weary of.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Im still waiting my Jan 28th special order to arrive. Looks like today or tomorrow based on others in this thread. However, it does appear they will be actual pulled bullets.
Ordered the week or two before that Jan 28th deal, and those bullets were all brand new.

No marks, no crimps, shiny as fresh copper. So will be a little of a let down that these are not up to that standard.
But obviously, they are getting deals on bullets in with varying degree of quality and selling accordingly. One month might be seconds ( still look new ), while next month is actual tear downs.

Quoted:
Also they very commonly MIX a few 124'gr bullets in to the 115's, Please keep that in mind if you are loading 115 gr loads to MAX.

I'm glad you mentioned that. Anyone buying bullets from vendors other than the top name brands should be doing weight checks on all bullets. A few tenths of a grain off is ok for me as I just load for plinking. But 115 to 124 is definitely something to be weary of.

If you see my page 1 post you will note 1 of 10 spot checked was 124, the others 115.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 5:39:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Also they very commonly MIX a few 124'gr bullets in to the 115's, Please keep that in mind if you are loading 115 gr loads to MAX.

Good advise, but if anyone is loading these cheap low QC plated bullets to anywhere near max load - you're nuts.  These are range plinkers.  Heck, you can shoot IDPA even with them.  But yea, if someone's 115 gr load exceeds what would be a max load for a 124 with these, they are crazy.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:06:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Box of .45 arrived. Sample of 10 or so were all .448 at the base. Kinda best up looking as well. Will load some and maybe tumblr some.
Link Posted: 2/12/2016 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Good advise, but if anyone is loading these cheap low QC plated bullets to anywhere near max load - you're nuts.  These are range plinkers.  Heck, you can shoot IDPA even with them.  But yea, if someone's 115 gr load exceeds what would be a max load for a 124 with these, they are crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Some are plated pulls and some are FMJ pulls, seems to be a grab bag of what they have for sale.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:30:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I have to give them credit, they shipped my $45 a thousand bullets and they are indeed new ones.

GTG

Quoted:

These are now $45.00 a thousand shipped, today.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone get a ship notice on this deal that was 8 days ago;

223 / 5.56 M855 SS-109 Steel Core Bullets NEW- 1000 CT $89.99

These are now $45.00 a thousand shipped, today.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#6]
STILL patiently waiting on an order from three weeks ago, credit card charged. I did get my first order reasonably quick, second order pending.

Link Posted: 2/24/2016 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Emailed them for a 2-2-16 order that showed shipped 7 days ago with no tracking info.
Link Posted: 2/24/2016 11:17:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Emailed them for a 2-2-16 order that showed shipped 7 days ago with no tracking info.
View Quote

I placed an order on the 2nd as well, and got shipping email a week ago and no tracking...Called them up and asked whats going on, and they finally shipped my order yesterday...Had to threaten with a chargeback...
Link Posted: 2/25/2016 12:41:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I placed an order on the 2nd as well, and got shipping email a week ago and no tracking...Called them up and asked whats going on, and they finally shipped my order yesterday...Had to threaten with a chargeback...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I have going on, ordered, early February, waited about 10 days and contacted them, got a ship notice with zero tracking, it is on my newest CC Statement.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:07:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This is what I have going on, ordered, early February, waited about 10 days and contacted them, got a ship notice with zero tracking, it is on my newest CC Statement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They showed up today priority 2 day mail.  Not shiny but not pulls either.  I'm content.  Also looking at the last batch of 45's They shipped,  I think they are new.  No black gook on them and no crimp ring.  mic out a little skinny but they don't show signs of being pulls.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 3:16:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

They showed up today priority 2 day mail.  Not shiny but not pulls either.  I'm content.  Also looking at the last batch of 45's They shipped,  I think they are new.  No black gook on them and no crimp ring. mic out a little skinny but they don't show signs of being pulls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They showed up today priority 2 day mail.  Not shiny but not pulls either.  I'm content.  Also looking at the last batch of 45's They shipped,  I think they are new.  No black gook on them and no crimp ring. mic out a little skinny but they don't show signs of being pulls.

Probably why the Gubamint rejected them
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 3:36:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I ordered 3,000 115gr plated 9mm and1,000 165/180 plated 40/10mm. Received the order fairly quickly. When I opened the box, there was a note on the 40/10mm stating they ran out so they "upgraded" me to fmj 155/165/180 grain bullets. I pulled out a handful and 50%+ were the 155. Am I wrong for saying this doesn't seem like an upgrade. I think I'll be sending these back to get heavier bullets for my 10mm.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 11:51:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I finally got my M855 new not pulls, polybag with lots of fiber packing tape wrapped around kind of wonky but OK, I have not done a weight or count, guessing OK.

I never got a tracking #, came USPS, the last order pulls came FedEx.

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I loaded up 500 of the pulled .45's the other day.

Had to toss only 4 or 5 that had bad pull marks or dents.

2 must have been very undersized, as they dropped deeply into the case.

I was using almost no expansion on my Lee powder through expansion die.

All shot well using Win 231.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 4:48:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Make sure you check your ss109 bullets real well...I ordered a 1000, they are dirty but dont look like pulls...actually had a few tracer rounds in them, so it makes me wonder if they are really "new"..tracers on left, bullets on right look like they were shot through others and ones on the bottom, were bullets with the bottoms open so you can actually see the steel core...

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#16]
The ones on the right look like the brass was either cut, or separated when pulled.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 6:40:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The ones on the right look like the brass was either cut, or separated when pulled.
View Quote

They were actually pieces of brass that pulled right off of the bullets when pulled on hard...
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Bored, did a new count on my SS109, 991 in the bag and I saw three different types bullets, only a few, different weights outside of the SS109/M855

Since these are new, not pulls, it makes me wonder how they get different weights mixed in with the SS109's?

Link Posted: 2/26/2016 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bored, did a new count on my SS109, 991 in the bag and I saw three different types bullets, only a few, different weights outside of the SS109/M855

Since these are new, not pulls, it makes me wonder how they get different weights mixed in with the SS109's?

View Quote

IMO this is unacceptable.  I have 4k on the way and I am not going to be pleased if I have to sort my "new" SS109's.

I have ordered from them in the past, pulls, cases etc so with those I'd expect a little variation so no big deal.

Approx how many truly new SS109's were in your box of 1k?
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 2:15:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you have pics of the different bullets? I had a few that had no connelures, some tracers, some were the bottoms werent finished.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 5:13:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Got my 2-2 order of ss109. 998 total. 955 similar with cannelures. 43 questionable. Some open bottoms, some short, two have traces of green paint. Don't know what tracers look like. May have a couple in there also. Overall meh.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:50:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Got my 2-2 order of ss109. 998 total. 955 similar with cannelures. 43 questionable. Some open bottoms, some short, two have traces of green paint. Don't know what tracers look like. May have a couple in there also. Overall meh.
View Quote

The tracers i got were longer then all the rest of the bullets and you can see a metal looking cup inside the bottom. On your questionable bullets, what were the problems? I really dont think these ss109 are new like they claimed. I think they are "seconds". I wonder how tracers get in thier packaging if they were new
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

IMO this is unacceptable.  I have 4k on the way and I am not going to be pleased if I have to sort my "new" SS109's.

I have ordered from them in the past, pulls, cases etc so with those I'd expect a little variation so no big deal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a helper and we were counting 100 each, then made a tally mark and repeat. I was not looking for odd balls but spotted three odd balls plus the SS109 so my post actually is actually off, four bullet types not three.  I saw quite a few that appeared to be SS109 with no cannelure so that is not counted as a variation so that might be five variations. Just guessing 950 SS109, one had some black crap on it so that almost made it look like a pull.

One bullet looked really long, I threw it on a scale and it was 53 grains, one looked really short did not weight it but it was very short.

ETA I am thinking these must be 2nds or blems.

I bought some new C077 from the old Wideners about a year ago, I will compare later.

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:56:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Do you have pics of the different bullets? I had a few that had no connelures, some tracers, some were the bottoms werent finished.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did notice a variation in the bottoms, most clearly jacketed with lead core but some solid.

Also my comments from the other questions appear below:

I was not looking for odd balls but spotted three odd balls plus the SS109 so my post actually is actually off, four bullet types not three. I saw quite a few that appeared to be SS109 with no cannelure so that is not counted as a variation so that might be five variations. Just guessing 950 SS109, one had some black crap on it so that almost made it look like a pull.

One bullet looked really long, I threw it on a scale and it was 53 grains, one looked really short did not weight it but it was very short.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 11:19:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I had a helper and we were counting 100 each, then made a tally mark and repeat. I was not looking for odd balls but spotted three odd balls plus the SS109 so my post actually is actually off, four bullet types not three.  I saw quite a few that appeared to be SS109 with no cannelure so that is not counted as a variation so that might be five variations. Just guessing 950 SS109, one had some black crap on it so that almost made it look like a pull.

I bought some new C077 from the old Wideners about a year ago, I will compare later.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the reply. Looks like I have my work cut out for me when these arrive.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to sort them as I did with my .40 pulls, oh well. Nothing wrong with a little QC I suppose

I will post back once mine get here. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#26]
I got to QC my "223 / 5.56 M855 SS-109 Steel Core Bullets NEW- 1000 CT $89.99" order that was submitted a few weeks ago.

Total count: 989
Flat based (no boat tail): 6
Short (55gr, looks like M193):  4
No cannelure: 10
Other visual defects: 2

I can throw some pictures up if anyone is interested.  Is this typical of American Reloading?
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 7:53:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I got to QC my "223 / 5.56 M855 SS-109 Steel Core Bullets NEW- 1000 CT $89.99" order that was submitted a few weeks ago.

I can throw some pictures up if anyone is interested.  Is this typical of American Reloading?
View Quote

I have no previous experience with their new bullet orders except the one I mentioned on the previous page.

Monmouth will sell you a box of 1000 Hornady 55FMJ for $79.99 and even though I have not ordered the Monmouth Hornady I am guessing you would not have the QC issues others here are posting.

Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Lots of shooters / reloaders echo the same, NOT getting what you pay for, aka Bait and switch.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 8:42:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Finally got around to loading up and firing some of their 115 gr plated (not the pulled version).  My expectations weren't very high.  I have to say, they did pretty darned good.

During the manufacture of my ammo with them, I used Accurate #5 and S&B Primers.  I think I spent more on the powder and primer, than I did on the bullet.  The bullet's looked like your typical plated.  A bit lumpy, the base wasn't exactly perfect, but fine.  I ran them through a Hornady progressive, using Hornady dies and a Lee Factory crimp (really like Lee's pistol FCD's by the way).  The bullets have a fairly long profile, so most of my test loads were loaded to 1.13" AOL, though I did run one set at 1.085" AOL, to see what happens with some extra setback.

Of note:
-None of the bullets were loose, all of them held tight.  Expectation #1 exceeded.
-Accuracy was quite good, with best results at highest velocities.  Expectation #2 exceeded.

Below 900 fps (5.0 gr Accurate #5), the gun (Walther P99 w/ 4" BBL) wouldn't reliably cycle.  
Warm it up to 6.0 gr Accurate #5, and the gun was more snappy, but not bad at all at just 1016fps.  It gave groups like this:

Interestingly, the load with the bullet set back in a little further, gave even higher velocity (1046 gps), with 5.9 gr of powder, with similar performance on paper.   In my opinion, the plated bullets, were a great price and give plenty good accuracy. I doubt I can hold much better than this.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 9:49:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure throw up some pics. I really doubt the ss109 that american reloading are sending out are really new.
Link Posted: 2/27/2016 10:03:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Sure throw up some pics. I really doubt the ss109 that american reloading are sending out are really new.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a pic of the various bullets sent.  I'm somewhat new to reloading so if this is to be expected, then so be it...not a huge ordeal.  I've still got 967 relatively good ones.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 8:34:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just wanted to follow up on this...

I contacted American Reloading about the issue and they apologized for the mixed batch.  Said they were quarantining the remaining bullets and sorting out all non SS109.  They are also sending me 30 replacements.

+1 to American Reloading.  They're GTG in my book.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I contacted American Reloading about the issue and they apologized for the mixed batch.  Said they were quarantining the remaining bullets and sorting out all non SS109.  They are also sending me 30 replacements.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guess I will contact them also. Finished sorting the rest and had over 50 non ss109 and defects.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 11:18:31 PM EDT
[#34]
For real you guys didn't figure that you'd come across stuff like that ?
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 11:22:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Make sure you check your ss109 bullets real well...I ordered a 1000, they are dirty but dont look like pulls...actually had a few tracer rounds in them, so it makes me wonder if they are really "new"..tracers on left, bullets on right look like they were shot through others and ones on the bottom, were bullets with the bottoms open so you can actually see the steel core...

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/9195/5NWcHa.jpg
View Quote

Bought around 7000 pounds of stuff like that a couple years back for .50¢ a pound
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 10:19:12 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Based on the verbiage on the site, no.
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 12:14:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lessons learned but they were marketed as new not pulls SS109.  

I bought some new ones from the old Wideners, bulk Canadian SS109 and did not have issues, they were a little higher, maybe $120/1000? IIRC
Link Posted: 3/1/2016 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Update: Contacted American Reloading and they are sending me 75 ss109 to replace the 50 or so bad/non ss109 bullets...Already got a tracking number on the replacements...
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 8:18:25 AM EDT
[#39]
I'd be happy if they would just ship the order I made on 2/19
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 12:14:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just got my 02/02 order about 5 days ago so you still have a while.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#41]
I ordered the "9MM 115 / 124GR Copper Plated Mixed Lot Projectiles - 1000 Ct."

Just going to end up using them for plinking. Hopefully it wont be the weeks upon weeks for them to get here.
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 2:10:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I ordered the "9MM 115 / 124GR Copper Plated Mixed Lot Projectiles - 1000 Ct."

Just going to end up using them for plinking. Hopefully it wont be the weeks upon weeks for them to get here.
View Quote

I got my 9mm pulls in about 5 days late January, my SS109 took almost a month and they were just ordered a few days after the 9mm, not sure why?
Link Posted: 3/2/2016 6:48:30 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Are they charging my card at time of the order, or when they ship.

Link Posted: 3/2/2016 9:24:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

2/19?  I've been waiting since 2/13???
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 2:23:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you get your replacements?
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure did.  They said they were shipping 30 and I actually received 48.  Go figure.

The replacements were correct SS-109 bullets.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Still waiting on my 2/9. Looks like it finally shipped (as opposed to "label created") and should show up next week sometime.

The 9mm bullets so far have been acceptable for the price, so interested to see what the SS-109 looks like. Was wondering if they got held up after it was mentioned they were going to sort through their stock to make sure it didn't have other stuff mixed it.

Link Posted: 3/5/2016 2:54:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Still waiting on my 2/9. Looks like it finally shipped (as opposed to "label created") and should show up next week sometime.

The 9mm bullets so far have been acceptable for the price, so interested to see what the SS-109 looks like. Was wondering if they got held up after it was mentioned they were going to sort through their stock to make sure it didn't have other stuff mixed it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I called earlier in Feb, they told me they had a couple thousand orders of the ss109 since they were on sale and they were short handed on people so it was taking them longer then usual.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My CC was charged on day one, 02/02 order charged on 02/02, got late February.

ETA: Got my CC Statement before the bullets which did not make me happy but I did get my order, as posted previous pages, bullets were OK with some blems and odd balls.

Link Posted: 3/6/2016 12:12:25 AM EDT
[#50]

Make sure you check each and every bullet...I found a few like in this picture...Now I am gonna go through each bullet to make sure they are correct size..
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top