Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2015 3:32:57 PM EDT
I picked up some XTPs at the gunshow, but cannot find any solid load data on them when mated with Bullseye.

Anyone have any load data?
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I use 5.0g BE with the XTP 230g bullet.  I've ran pet loads and that is what works for me in a 1911 and Glock 30s.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use 5.0g BE with the XTP 230g bullet.  I've ran pet loads and that is what works for me in a 1911 and Glock 30s.
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen guys use anywhere from 4.0-5.0 grains of BE with that bullet weight and type.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 6:21:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I use 5.2gr under 200s. 5.0 sounds reasonable for 230s.

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:34:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is what I've used  in the past and have had good results with it in my SA Loaded 1911.
Link Posted: 1/8/2015 8:52:34 AM EDT
[#7]
5 gr Bullseye and 230gr XTPs good to go here.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 9:18:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks all, I started with 4.6 grains and have gotten good results thusfar.

Link Posted: 1/26/2015 10:50:40 PM EDT
[#9]
I use 5.0gr of Bullseye for all of my 230gr. loads. It seems to be the "standard" or "go-to" .45ACP load. It works well from my Springfield RO.
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 11:18:48 PM EDT
[#10]
5 grains of bullseye is the classic load for 230 grain bullets.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:14:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 12:31:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That I've used for cast, plated and jacketed 230 gr bullets in 45 ACP.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.. in the before time... Then I got down to my last 1/4lb of Bullseye and desperately looked for other powders. Finally found WST as a replacement. For my needs, its just as good. I haven't put them head to head on a range bag or anything.  I ended up buying an 8lb jug after I tried a couple 1lb jugs. So, I probably won't go back to bullseye (at least for a while).

REGARDING COAL, I think this bullet has a cannelure, correct? At least that's what the web pics say. Haven't used that one but I have used Nosler's counterpart which does.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 1:06:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Same here.. in the before time... Then I got down to my last 1/4lb of Bullseye and desperately looked for other powders. Finally found WST as a replacement. For my needs, its just as good. I haven't put them head to head on a range bag or anything.  I ended up buying an 8lb jug after I tried a couple 1lb jugs. So, I probably won't go back to bullseye (at least for a while).

REGARDING COAL, I think this bullet has a cannelure, correct? At least that's what the web pics say. Haven't used that one but I have used Nosler's counterpart which does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The XTP I have does not have a cannelure.
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Odd..
Hornady 9th lists 1.21" for all 230's except their flat point (1.20). They dont list Bullseye for jacketa but have 4.4 to 5.5gr for LRN.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 5:53:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Odd..
Hornady 9th lists 1.21" for all 230's except their flat point (1.20). They dont list Bullseye for jacketa but have 4.4 to 5.5gr for LRN.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Odd..

I am seating them to around 1.238 or so, I like my pressure to be a little lower.

Neither the XTP 200s that my shooting buddy was loading the other day, nor my 230s have a cannelure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top