Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2014 4:15:39 AM EDT
I posted in the suppressor forum a few months ago, but I thought I would ask the experts.

I'm looking for a quality ultrasonic cleaner to clean my silencers and parts. I'd like it to have a larger basin (12"x6"x6" ?)

My price point is $300 or less.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:27:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Trust me. Go to harbor freight. You will save tons of money. I love mine and it looks the same as the hornaday one.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:37:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Just don't use it on anything aluminum.

Also, don't clean the wife's  pearl jewelry in them. The pearls will dissolve.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. Off to harbor freight to browse...

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:24:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow, sounds like a personal experience. How long were you in the dog house?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:32:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Identical to the Lyman one, a lot cheaper.

Plus they have a 25% off coupon for tomorrow.

I'm seriously thinking about getting one myself.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 9:48:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the Harbor Freight one. it is mediocre at best. It is pretty wimpy so don't expect to put anything large in it. Also if you put more than a couple small parts it is so weak they don't clean.

Saving my money to buy a decent one. I have yet to buy anything at Harbor Freight that is good other than some clamps. I bought a metal yard stick there and when I checked it the inches were not even correct it was about a 1/16" to big. Took that back.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:48:04 PM EDT
[#8]
harbor freight one works fine. although you'll want to get the replacement basket. the stock basket handles are below the top fill line, it's no fun grabbing the basket out of near scalding hot water.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HLBL24O/

gets my handguns cleaner than factory new. thorough lubrication of all parts is required after ultraonic cleaning.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 1:20:10 PM EDT
[#9]
i have had this on my ebay list for some time time now just havent grab it up

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 2:33:15 PM EDT
[#10]
That's a good price for a 6L unit. I may grab one too.

The Hornady Hot Tub looks great, but it's over my price range. Even at $439 on Amazon Prime.  

Thanks guys.

Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:41:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

You can't clean aluminum in a Ultra Sonic cleaner?
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 6:49:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Interested in this as well. We wash 5052 and 6061 aluminum in our industrial 75gal ultrasonic tank at work literally every day.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 11:26:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:02:46 PM EDT
[#14]
I use some zip ties on the stock basket from harbor freight  and it works ok.  I still find myself tossing my brass in a tumbler for and hour to give a good exterior polish after the ultra sonic cleaning.  I use lyman turbo sonic solution and you will be amazed at how clean the inside will be.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I use some zip ties on the stock basket from harbor freight  and it works ok.  I still find myself tossing my brass in a tumbler for and hour to give a good exterior polish after the ultra sonic cleaning.  I use lyman turbo sonic solution and you will be amazed at how clean the inside will be.
View Quote

How many cases do you put in at a time? And how many cycles do you run them?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#16]
silencershop.com has a video about silencers in ultrasonic cleaner. Basically, the finish came off of one they tried. I have only one silencer and would love to be able to clean it.

I cleaned a BCG in one.. and yes, the bottom of the carrier was a little worn looking when I removed it from tank. Perhaps it was rubbing on the bottom of tank? I was surprised cause it was a plastic tray on the bottom.

Anyway, I only clean my brass in it now. Any other good uses?
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:25:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
i have a hornady hot tub. it works well but is not miracle worker. works GREAT on my suppressor and for detail cleaning handgun frames.

i have had no issue using it on ar15 uppers and lowers.
View Quote

I lucked into one from a hospital when they upgraded.  It's a mean bitch.  Accidentally touch the solution while it's on,  and v you'll get an instant debilitating migraine. It doesn't hurt aluminum.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 4:37:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:48:40 AM EDT
[#19]
This is on the short list. Thanks for all the help.

hornady lock n load

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top