Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2013 8:53:38 PM EDT
i have a new rock chucker supreme and the Y type primer tray is a real POS!

has anyone come up with a way of making a good tray?

i have no clue why RCBS changed the primer tray but they really screwed up when they did. they had a great thing going with the old tray.

i just want to see if anyone came up with some creative designs and post them here???
Link Posted: 11/7/2013 10:24:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Northerner

Check back a page or so.  There was a topic on this very subject.  Lots of good ideas for both the RC and the RC Superduper.

AR15-SBR
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 12:31:38 AM EDT
[#2]
alright, somebody has to tell me what im doing wrong with searches cause i can never find anything when i search for something?

do you have a link to it? i looked back 7 pages or so and didnt see anything pertaining to it?
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 2:40:49 AM EDT
[#3]
I bumped to the first page for ya.

I know, that search blows......

AR15-SBR
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 3:01:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Primer Control for RCBS

I have a supreme and the primer tray needs a lot of work.  They should have just let the spent primers drop through the ram onto the floor, then I could just use a bucket under it.  But on mine they didn't even drill and tap the primer arm
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 3:20:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Same press here and nothing out there yet to fix the issue!!!
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 3:55:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the Y arm.  Blocked off the right side, hooked up a copper tube on the left side that drops into a catch can.  100%
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#7]
A small piece of foam behind the top of the tray does wonders.

A large mcdonalds-sized straw cut down inside the ram helps direct spent primers.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 6:44:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A small piece of foam behind the top of the tray does wonders.
<a href="http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/_John87/media/Reloading/IMG_00000004_zps42b8ba01.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t666/_John87/Reloading/IMG_00000004_zps42b8ba01.jpg</a>

A large mcdonalds-sized straw cut down inside the ram helps direct spent primers.
<a href="http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/_John87/media/Reloading/IMG_00000005_zps2045c1df.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1319.photobucket.com/albums/t666/_John87/Reloading/IMG_00000005_zps2045c1df.jpg</a>
View Quote

Now that straw idea is simply genius!!! I have the foam in the back and still they fall out the front!!! I'll give this a try this afternoon!
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 7:07:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i have a new rock chucker supreme and the Y type primer tray is a real POS!

has anyone come up with a way of making a good tray?

i have no clue why RCBS changed the primer tray but they really screwed up when they did. they had a great thing going with the old tray.

i just want to see if anyone came up with some creative designs and post them here???
View Quote

Since most of the primers hit the floor, I keep a small vacuum cleaner on hand, It picks up the ones on the floor and sucks them out of the abortion they call a primer almost catcher. You would think that they never test these things.
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 9:27:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Got access to a 3D printer?  I made one of these for myself, and it works great.  Stick some vinyl tubing onto the barb, and direct the primers into a bucket:

RCBS 3D Printable Primer Catcher
Link Posted: 11/8/2013 10:14:25 AM EDT
[#11]
i live for the day i will own a 3-D printer.

the main thing i hate about my Y catcher is taking it out to empty it,
when pull it out it gets caught up on the base of the press and then it will pop loose and primers jump out all over the place,
it blows my mind that rcbs hasnt made a good tray by now for the new presses.

i hope more people will post their pictures of what they came up with??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top