Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 476
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 4:00:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Reloaded 90(finished a box of primers)9mm with much talking to God.
Then, I worked on my LNL. For fellow LNLers, remember the primer pusher problem? I never got the replacement part or even talked with Hornady about it but I figured I'd try my hand at it first.
I took it apart, scrubbed it well then put it back together and it seems to be running well. The the primer loader(into the case)seems to rest lower in the machine after the scrubbing. After I tightened everything down the primer pusher rests very low in the slide which moves very easily now.
I'm ready to go try some more. Maybe after lunch!
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jbizzle:
Sorted through a nice bag of brass I picked up yesterday at the public range.  Thanks to the guys next to me blasting away nice factory fresh LC 15 ;)
View Quote
That's getting brass the RIGHT way, by not looking for a secondary income by scrapping it.

Every guy that does it in the off the grid spots I have never, EVER, seen them shoot and they go from spot to spot with their rakes. Me, I do a few nearby spots if I happen to be there and actually shooting but those old fucks? Wasting all that gas while salivating over range brass...
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 5:30:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Loaded some 223 up, using the 55gr Copper Head bullets with some TAC, out of 375 of them 13 had to be scrapped as the bullets were too small in dia and passed through the neck.

Tumbling up some separate loads of pistol and rifle brass.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 5:52:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By GSL:
That's getting brass the RIGHT way, by not looking for a secondary income by scrapping it.

Every guy that does it in the off the grid spots I have never, EVER, seen them shoot and they go from spot to spot with their rakes. Me, I do a few nearby spots if I happen to be there and actually shooting but those old fucks? Wasting all that gas while salivating over range brass...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Sorted through a nice bag of brass I picked up yesterday at the public range.  Thanks to the guys next to me blasting away nice factory fresh LC 15 ;)

Oh we had a father son combo doing that yesterday.  Thankfully I had just cleaned up their area mins before they showed up.  That #$!@ grinds my gears.

This is a public range ran by the DNR, they don't care if you go digging through the buckets but there should be something said to people who just show up with no guns to dig through buckets.  It's pretty obvious the reloaders who are there...not s factory box to be seen on their benches.

I guess I shouldn't complain too much, I bettered 200 new LC 15 cases and about 75 others (look to be once fired mixed) on top of an excess of 9mm brass I shot.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Finished the last 130 rds of a 500rd 308 reloading project.
Now moving to casting pistol bullets and leading them up. Gonna test the powder coat thing out too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 5:56:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I loaded  a herd of PD 147 fmj-FP, 3.7 grains of VVn320, Federal SPP loaded to 1.10.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#7]

Oh we had a father son combo doing that yesterday.  Thankfully I had just cleaned up their area mins before they showed up.  That #$!@ grinds my gears.

This is a public range ran by the DNR, they don't care if you go digging through the buckets but there should be something said to people who just show up with no guns to dig through buckets.  It's pretty obvious the reloaders who are there...not s factory box to be seen on their benches.,

I guess I shouldn't complain too much, I bettered 200 new LC 15 cases and about 75 others (look to be once fired mixed) on top of an excess of 9mm brass I shot.
View All Quotes

This is a public range ran by the DNR, they don't care if you go digging through the buckets but there should be something said to people who just show up with no guns to dig through buckets.  It's pretty obvious the reloaders who are there...not s factory box to be seen on their benches.,

I got a guy who is ex mil and a retired deputy with an FFl who will convert my brass to .300 BO so I have a vested interest in certain types while the rest will be for the case of cases when it shows up at my door.

But I do it when I go shooting, not for a living...it just burns me uo seeing them raking and leaving the hulls and steel behind. All that work you'd think they would have the common decency to pick up the pile of garbage that they made that was once spread out.

I know its bad to say this but I sometimes hope they stroke out while raking for their recycling gold.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 10:49:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Loaded up some 9mm and a bunch of 300. When I was done, I was cleaning up and found an anvil on the floor.

So there is a decent chance I have a dud in one of my ammo boxes. This does not make me happy.
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Finished up a run of 1500 158 gr LRN .38 Special for Dad, converted the 650 over to 9mm and ran off 1000 rounds of 124gr FMJ for the MP5 "pistol".

Cleaned up around the garage, deprimed and tumbled clean around 500 more LC 7.62 cases, need to feed the new FAL!
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Dumped some TAC into preped and primed cases and then seated some Hornady 55 gr FMJBTs with a Wilson Chamber die for the range tomorrow.

My spotter will be there to get me zeros out to 500 meters.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 1:09:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By GHPorter:

Keep being nice to her, Dave.  It'l pay off.

Are those quantities standard with Blue Bullets?  675 bulets?  I guess it would be sold by weight?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GHPorter:
Originally Posted By ChevelleDave:
Made the mail lady earn Her pay.

Actually She pulled up the driveway, and came and got Me. She's an older lady, so I give her a break.

1000 147gr 9MM RN, adding to the stockpile.

900 165gr .40 RNFP

675 230gr .45 RN

http://<a href=http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag124/71metbu/DAVE-PC/Reloading/20150905_221435_zps0v1hhjdu.jpg</a>" />

Almost done with the front yard project, then I can get back to reloading and shooting.

Keep being nice to her, Dave.  It'l pay off.

Are those quantities standard with Blue Bullets?  675 bulets?  I guess it would be sold by weight?

They sell them in standard weight sizes, or bulk. Those three boxes all fit into a flat rate box, hence the odd count.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 1:13:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChevelleDave] [#12]
Took My son, daughter, and her fiancé to the range, had a little family time. Grandma stayed home with My month old Grandson.

Perfect timing too, the cops must have been there the day before. They are the only People who leave this much Federal .45 and LC .223 behind.

Link Posted: 9/7/2015 2:32:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ChevelleDave] [#13]
Almost forgot My Son found this.

It's labeled 7.62 b81 r1m1

South African M1A1?
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Rugby3:
Loaded some 223 up, using the 55gr Copper Head bullets with some TAC, out of 375 of them 13 had to be scrapped as the bullets were too small in dia and passed through the neck.
View Quote

I loaded up about 450 223s, also with the 55gr Copper Head, but I used BLC-2.

So far out of two thousand loaded, I've only found one too small.  Quite a few are a wee bit too large and shave copper on the bullet seating, but the crimping die knocks them off nicely.

I wanted to get an even 500 done, but I ran out of prepped cases.  I guess that is what I have to work on next!
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 9:30:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I got the new 650 set up and running yesterday. I loaded about 300 rounds of 9mm and ran out of plated bullets.

I managed to pick up another 1000 today so I can get back in business.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 10:22:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I deprimed and resized about 600 223 brass.  

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 5:11:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 5:54:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Resized 110 54R brass from sub-sonic cast loads that my boys and I shot on labor day. Also sized 22 7.5x54Mas that I shot.The MAS is in the tumbler with a little bit of range pick up we gathered.

Motor
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 10:22:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Picked up the lumber this weekend to build a new reloading bench, got the wood planned and cut to length.  Still trying to decide on what to do with the top, trying to decide between simple 2x4 glued and screwed or go with double stack MDF...choices.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 6:44:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Received 8 pounds of AA1680 from Powder Valley today.

Link Posted: 9/8/2015 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Polished my Lyman M die mandrel.

It was that or go to Walmarts.

Both are a complete colossal  waste of time, but I spent no cash polishing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Received some brass from a member here yesterday. Wet tumbled 200 .357 mags and deprimed and sized about 300 .380s.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Helped another member local to me, and primed 996 of his .300 BO brass.

I think he ordered it by the thousand and they shorted him four. My rule of thumb is to at least throw in ten extra in case of oops like today from happening. It's just bad business to short a customer.
Link Posted: 9/9/2015 9:23:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Not directly reloading, but in support of reloading, I did this for my new Coax.

Knurled, drilled and parted on the lathe

Little bit of thread milling in some soft jaws

Ooooh nice and crisp

A little bit of cutoff action after drilling and counterboring

Nice.  Hardly any burr.

And there we go.  A dozen new lock rings.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 12:25:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Excellent!
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 3:55:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Got the reloading area all straightened up, ready to do some work this weekend, also recieved My order of primers in the mail.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:01:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Flared the 380s from  two nights ago. Only managed to crush half a dozen. Loaded them in the wet tumbler. Proceeded to forget about them so they ran all night. Almost 14 hours total. I probably have the cleanest 380 brass on the east coast right now..

Also separated the 357 mag brass that was cleaned two night ago. Put them in ziplocks for further processing tonight.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 11:04:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Prepped and primed 265 .223 cases.  Still have around 50 more to go.

Tumble lubed a bunch of 124 grain 9mm cast bullets.

Went to the range and fired about 50 rounds of .223 to test out my new Tula SRM primers.  All went bang just fine.  I previously have used only CCI primers, but with the rising cost of components I've been looking for ways to trim the fat.  Looks like the Tula's will work just fine.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Spun up 300 9mm on the LNL with 124 gr. RMR plated bullets and 4.0 gr. Win 231. Shoots well in my Rock Island 1911, and I'm trying to build up a stash for winter indoor range time.

Cleaned up the press and the bench.
Link Posted: 9/10/2015 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Slowly washing brass in my new RCBS replacement drum for my Sidewinder machine that I've had for maybe 28yr..  drum cracked, RCBS said "send us old drum".... $20 to return, and new drum showed up for FREE..  Set here couple week till I finally load it up the other night..
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#31]

I'm jealous!  I need about a dozen rings to swap out with my RCBS rings, but Hornady rings cost about $3+ a pop.  Those sure are purty.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#32]
After morning coffee I cranked out about 500 rounds of 9mm. Then went to the range for load development and testing for new AR in 9mm. Seems like the perfect load is exactly what my Glocks like. 4.0 grains of WSF and 147 Precision Delta FMJFP. Mild, accurate and zero recoil in the heavier carbine.

Hoping to load a few more before its time watch football.

Roll Tide
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 2:27:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Yep, that's why I made them.  I didn't want to pay for them and I happened to have a chunk of 1.375" 7075 bar laying around from a suppressor project.

I wish I had a bar feeder for one of our turning centers.  If I did I'd probably make a few hundred to sell cheap.  But the method I used is too time intensive and not something I can walk away from.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 2:31:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Over the last few days:

Wet tumbled 1000+ pieces of 9mm brass.
Loaded ~150 rounds of 223 with XBR8208 with a 55gr VMAX on top, don't remember charge weight of the top of my head.
Cleaned up bench.
Purchased 1lb of Power Pistol locally for 9mm.

I have been using IMR 700x for 9mm and 45, but only have a few pounds left so I figured I should buy a lb here and there to slowly restock.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Didn't necessarily do any reloading, but I did buy some stuff to start reloading.

Bought :
-the Rock chucker supreme master reloading kit. Got it on sale at cabelas for $279.99.
-Set of rcbs 223 FL dies.
- Lyman case trimmer
- Lyman reloading manual

Already had a rcbs 505 scale and Lyman tumbler.

Need to get some more stuff, but its a start on equipment. Really looking forward to start reloading in the near future.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 4:41:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Kuraki:
Yep, that's why I made them.  I didn't want to pay for them and I happened to have a chunk of 1.375" 7075 bar laying around from a suppressor project.

I wish I had a bar feeder for one of our turning centers.  If I did I'd probably make a few hundred to sell cheap.  But the method I used is too time intensive and not something I can walk away from.
View Quote

For what you needed, that was an awesome project.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Last night I cast about 350 9mm out of my new arsenal 5 cavity mold.  It needs some tweaking but it's going to be a fine mold I believe.  

Today it was convert an old antique  Pacific C style press into a dedicated resizing station.    I had to take the press all apart and get all the seized parts loosened up and lubed.  Get all the rust out of it.  The ram is the style that is a built in #3 shell older so for the time being I just welded a Lee 9mm punch onto the end of the ram.  I will order a new ram from CH4D on Monday and then I can use my .40 and 45ACP punches in there as well.    

Nice old press.  I might even load some rifle ammo on it someday once the new ram is installed.  

Does anyone know if you can convert the linkage so it will not be backwards? in other words make it so when the handle goes down the ram goes up?  Right now it's handle down ram down.  

Link Posted: 9/12/2015 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Finished loading up 250 rounds of 338 Lapua.

Hodgdon Retumbo and Berger 300 hybrids.

Now to start on some 416 Rigby.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Loaded up about 400 rounds of .223.  55 gr Hornady FMJBT's over 24 grains of H335 with Tula SRM primers.

Link Posted: 9/12/2015 10:55:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Reloaded almost a thousand 9x19 last night. Had to call it quits before I fell asleep behind the progressive. Berry's 115 plated and 5.1 of Autocomp.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 11:13:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 11:52:21 PM EDT
[#42]
De-capped 2,385 pieces of .38 super.  That was enough for the day.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 11:54:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Cleaned my sizing dies.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Tumbled, resized, flared, and primed around 120 .45 Auto I shot this afternoon.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 12:31:24 AM EDT
[#45]
I found out that Palmetto Projectile's load data doesn't come close to cycling my 300BLK AR.

Loaded some up with a higher charge to give a try again later in the week.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 4:15:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Loaded 450 Berry's .223 55 gr. FMJBT over 25 grains of H335 with CCI 400 and Remington 6 1/2 primers.

My youngest son was showing interest, so I explained to him how a cartridge works along with the reloading process.  He even got to make his first cartridge.

He hung around with me for about an hour helping with little things, then told me one of the things on his chore list was "Ask Daddy if he needs help" and wanted to know if he was going to get paid for this.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 10:53:03 AM EDT
[#47]
I spent yesterday woking on the new 650. I started a run of 45 ACP, then decide to remove the Hornady bullet feed die from my toolhead and go to separate seating and crimping stations.

I'm much happier with the new set up. Feeding the bullets by hand is just as fast for me right now and I have more control over the process with less oops moments. Once I got rid of the bullet feed die I went through another 250 rounds of Hornady 230 RN over 4.8 grains of Bullseye in sort order.

Today I'm heading to the gun show at our local fairgrounds looking for some accessories.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 2:56:38 PM EDT
[#48]
bought 4 pounds of Titegroup and a pound of 231 at the gun show.
Link Posted: 9/13/2015 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Coated 1K of .45ACP 210gr and 220gr ball Traffic Purple instead of getting on the Scag.

Link Posted: 9/13/2015 7:07:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Sorted brass watching the Lions blow a huge lead.

Had issues with my loads during USPSA match earlier.  The lead on my new XD Tactical is much shorter than my Service model.  Had several death jams and failures to extract.  I did check them yesterday and they weren't perfect in terms of chamber checking but I've shot tons of similar issue loads in my Service with no issues.

Probably going to have to get a new mold.
Page / 476
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top