Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2011 3:54:52 PM EDT
Hey guys im kind of new to shotshell reloading and wanted to know if yall had any good recipes for a good all around buckshot and slug load. It would be nice if both could use the same powder also. So what ya got boys?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Here are my recipes for combat slug and shotshell loads.  <–– get some, there's civil unrest coming soon to a neighborhood near you.

Slug Recipe

Buckshot Recipe
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#3]
That ain't reloads. We can all go to wally world and pay out the a** for them. The op wants to load his own and save some money for lunch.
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 8:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got the new BPI Ballistic Products slug manual. Also have their buckshot manual. Good source for data but my main complaint with the BPI manuals is that they use mostly off-brand hulls such as Rio and Cheddite and most of their loads use only their wads etc. so to use their manuals you most often have to purchase components from them. Wish they had used common American hulls by Remington, Winchester, and Federal. They do use Federal Gold Medal type hulls in some loads and the Federal straight walled hull is the best and easiest to load using buckshot. Lyman's shotshell manual has slug and buckshot loads. Unless you shoot a lot of buckshot or slugs I wouldn't think it would be worthwhile. There are also some tools you will need to load most slug loads and BPI's manual has good how-to articles on them.
http://www.ballisticproducts.com/products.asp?dept=16
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That ain't reloads. We can all go to wally world and pay out the a** for them. The op wants to load his own and save some money for lunch.

Indeed, I did not understand that.  Thank you for clarifying that for me.  I am such a dim wit.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 4:17:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That's right mans got to eat ha. Also its real cheap for me to reload slugs and buckshot because I cas my own shot and slugs. Thanks for the info guys I'm deffinetly going to look into the BPI manuals

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top