Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2009 3:55:46 AM EDT
An old (literally

) friend of mine gave me some cans of Winchester Super Field, Winchester Super Light and Winchester Super Target - still sealed. The cans/powder appear to be in excellent condition. Therefore, I would like to use 'em in my SIG P-226 and M-1911A1 for Target Shooting.

I've looked through Hodgdon's Load Data Center and found some data about the WSF powder, but it seems as if Winchester/Hodgdon no longer provides any information for WSL or WST!? Are there any other sites where I can get some info??

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 4:49:12 AM EDT
[#1]
check the lyman guide, winchester section of hodgdons guide, or lee guide.

It is a good idea to buy a reloading manual on paper not just downloading them.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:32:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've looked through Hodgdon's Load Data Center and found some data about the WSF powder, but it seems as if Winchester/Hodgdon no longer provides any information for WSL or WST!? Are there any other sites where I can get some info??  

WSF ––> work around data that is out there.. the Glockpost fellas love WSF in 9mm & 40 S&W,, friend recently used WSF behind  some 9mm 11gr FMJ and said it felt similar to the USA9MMVP stuff, he was around 5.3gr I think it was

WST ––> Best thing since sliced bread for 9mm lead and 45acp lead loading.  In most respects, work around 231/HP-38 data, WST kinda mirrrors 231, has softer recoil feel about it, and is a bit cleaner. Can be used with FMJ also, light weight charges make it a good choice of economy powder.

WSL ––> Been discontinued some 14 - 15yr ago,, not much (if any out there data wise) available info, as it was not on market very long, but work around with bullseye/231 range data and chrono if you desire to use it,  May even join the Brian Enos forum and look around there for WSL

I will be out for the day, but I do have some older FREE WINCHESTER books buried away that "MIGHT" have some more to offer.. bear with me on the project.

WST
WST
WSF
WST
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:59:39 AM EDT
[#3]
A look through Hodgdons 2009 annual reloading guide has this,

45 ACP, 200 gr LSWC, OAL 2.250, Win brass, Fed 150

WSF

start 6.0 grs, 870 fps

max 6.7 grs, 970 fps

WST

start 4.4 grs, 830 fps

max 5.1 grs, 910 fps

WSL not listed.

Every bullet weight has data for WST and WSF.

You might want to consider buying a new reloading manual.

Good luck
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:03:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:33:24 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

... I will be out for the day, but I do have some older FREE WINCHESTER books buried away that "MIGHT" have some more to offer.. bear with me on the project.

Thanks in advance!!

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 9:53:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

load data here.....

I've already checked the Hodgdon Reloading Data Center, but it doesn't seem to have any info about WSL, anymore. According to SBR7_11 it was discontinued quite a while ago.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a .pdf copy of the Winchester load manual from 2006. They list plenty of data for WST and WSF in a variety of pistol cartridges. PM me your email and I'll shoot you a copy.

It's a 14 MB file as is, I'm going to see if I can strip out the shotgun data to lighten it up a little...
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 4:16:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got the file down to 5 megs if anyone wants it.

I checked the Wayback Machine too. Unfortunately, they didn't archive any of the .pdfs...
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 5:25:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks to all for the help and advice!

Currently, there are only certain Winchester powders available in Germany and not many dealers carry them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Take a look here:

http://www.loaddata.com/members/search.cfm

http://stevespages.com/page8a.htm
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 5:52:17 AM EDT
[#11]
I finally go t out to the disaster we call our garage, and I found a 1997 Winchester FREE book they used to hand out.

Going to attempt to scan the thing (need learn how to), and have for those who request... updates later as soon as I figure it out.
Link Posted: 12/24/2009 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Here is scans in .jpeg and Photobucket... May work better to save as "my pictures", then enlarge it from there.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top