Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 267
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 2:39:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Cheapest coated, plated, jacketed, bullets for 45-70 plinking? I cast my own but my lazy friend needs some.. unwilling to cast for him.

300-350gr'ers are fine but anything cheap.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By djryan13:
Cheapest I have even seen is jet.com. Keep an eye on them. I see their deal on slickguns all the time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By djryan13:
Originally Posted By mitsuman47:
Looking for a good deal on a Hornady LnL AP.
Cheapest I have even seen is jet.com. Keep an eye on them. I see their deal on slickguns all the time.
Yeah currently they are the cheapest if you use their 15% off for new users code. Granted you only get $30 off. MidwayUSA also has it on sale for $409 if you have a code for free shipping and some $ off that may be better. 

The LNL AP does pop up on amazon for under $400 and prime eligible fairly often. A few weeks ago it was $389. Then it jumped back up to $449 where it currently is sitting. 
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By K1rodeoboater:
The LNL AP does pop up on amazon for under $400 and prime eligible fairly often. A few weeks ago it was $389. Then it jumped back up to $449 where it currently is sitting. 
View Quote
That's where I got mine from. Waited for it to drop and then added it to cart and promptly ordered it.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 4:48:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By GSL:
That's where I got mine from. Waited for it to drop and then added it to cart and promptly ordered it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By GSL:
Yup camelcamelcamel.com is your friend for Amazon price alerts.  As soon as it drops back down to that price, or lower, I'm probably pulling the trigger on one.  
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 4:21:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jal777] [#5]
9mm 124gr fmj bullets are back on x-tream's site for $30 per 500. 9 left after I got my 2k order in. Shipping is $5 now, still a heck of a deal.

Edit;
Showing oos now, they add it batches at different times during the day so keep on refreshing the page or sign up for the email alert, that's how I was able to get my order in.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 7:43:09 PM EDT
[#6]
RCBS .308 FL dies $27.50 and prime eligible.  Lowest price to date and $7 less than it's average price.  If you buy $50 worth of RCBS stuff you can also cash in on a $10 rebate...but you have to buy TODAY
View Quote
Thanks for posting that, got mine today and they look good. Now I need to find a deal on some Forster lock rings, so I can use them on my CoAx. 
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:06:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jal777:
9mm 124gr fmj bullets are back on x-tream's site for $30 per 500. 9 left after I got my 2k order in. Shipping is $5 now, still a heck of a deal.

Edit;
Showing oos now, they add it batches at different times during the day so keep on refreshing the page or sign up for the email alert, that's how I was able to get my order in.
View Quote
Says $46.09/500 when I go there.  And OOS at that, which is kind of surprising since that's not really a great GO price.

https://www.xtremebullets.com/9mm-Jacketed-s/48994.htm
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 8:47:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jal777] [#8]
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Says $46.09/500 when I go there.  And OOS at that, which is kind of surprising since that's not really a great GO price.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lazyengineer:
Originally Posted By jal777:

Edit;

Looks like the sale is over now. Back up to regular pricing. Here's what I paid when I right before my post. Stock was depleted within a few mins after I posted it as being in stock at $30 per 500.
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 10:00:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: K1rodeoboater] [#9]
Originally Posted By grimhollow:
Thanks for posting that, got mine today and they look good. Now I need to find a deal on some Forster lock rings, so I can use them on my CoAx. 
View Quote
Hornady Lock Rings 6 pack $16.49 Prime eligible.  Not quite what you're looking for but these are close.  $2 less than average
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 12:59:04 AM EDT
[#10]
A local to me that hardly ever posts, got in while he had the chance and snagged 2,000 of that xtreme deal. Seconds after he texted me I saw 14 in stock and went to log in and order two, and it was wiped clean out,

Somebody neckbearded hard in a matter of ten seconds. Anyways, glad to see some of you were able to get some.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Any Free Hazmat deals going right now?  I just missed the ExtremeReloading one :(.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 8:49:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By 78Staff:
Any Free Hazmat deals going right now?  I just missed the ExtremeReloading one :(.
View Quote
Hazmat fees have dropped at Grafs and Brownells. If you are an Edge member, wait for a 20 off 200 coupon which covers hazmat and you get free ship.

Another hazmat tip. Cabelas (which has S&B primers for 19.99 today) and Brownells ship hazmat backorders for no additional haz or shipping fee. So, add those to cart without concern.
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:01:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I am looking for a primer crimp reamer, pocket cleaner, deburring and chamfering tool that can chuck up in a drill for a project I am starting.

Preferably not threaded if such a thing exists. Basically everything that comes with the Lyman Case Prep Multi-Tool
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Kleinman:
I am looking for a primer crimp reamer, pocket cleaner, deburring and chamfering tool that can chuck up in a drill for a project I am starting.

Preferably not threaded if such a thing exists. Basically everything that comes with the Lyman Case Prep Multi-Tool
View Quote
I think many drill people just chuck the threaded end into their drills. Alternatively, there are adapters that work with the standard size threads (same thread used on most cleaning brushes). I believe this is one:

http://www.brownells.com/reloading/case-preparation/case-mouth-chamfering/sinclair-case-mouth-deburring-tool-holder-prod34054.aspx
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 10:15:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: djryan13] [#15]
dupe
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 12:01:46 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote
You can just buy a coupling nut that matches whatever the thread pattern is, screw that on, and chuck it in the chuck.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 12:06:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:
You can just buy a coupling nut that matches whatever the thread pattern is, screw that on, and chuck it in the chuck.
View All Quotes

The Lyman and most all of the other brands are 8-32 thread
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 12:13:20 AM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
That took is ok for $18 but it has some downsides.

The primer pocket uniformer/ crimp cutters are overly aggressive IMO. They work good but if you go until they stop cutting they remove a lot of material

The reamer is fine but after about 500 rounds the chamfer took didn't really cut anymore. I have found that if you set it up so that it wobbles a bit it will still work

If it were me I'd buy the hornady primer pocket uniformers, the RCBS carbide changer took and whatever reader you want
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 12:47:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Effenpig:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Effenpig:

Thanks guys. If I go that route, is there any place to buy just the attachments without the tool?
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Thanks guys. If I go that route, is there any place to buy just the attachments without the tool?
View Quote
You'll only save 2 bucks, though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Who has the best price on a RCBS Chargemaster? Brownells has them for $290, is that as good as it gets?
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 12:53:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Aby001:
Who has the best price on a RCBS Chargemaster? Brownells has them for $290, is that as good as it gets?
View Quote
Code M5J at checkout for $25 off orders over $250. - may be expired not sure but give it a try.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 2:26:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Code M5J at checkout for $25 off orders over $250. - may be expired not sure but give it a try.
View All Quotes
That code didn't work, went for it anyhow.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 9:35:20 AM EDT
[#24]

That code didn't work, went for it anyhow.
View Quote
Try L9Q, $30 off $300 and free shipping - just have to add 10 more $ to use though.
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Speer 45 acp 185 gr fn on sale at midway for about $0.10/ea. If anyone is interested
Link Posted: 4/8/2017 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#26]
If you have a GM nearby that is closing some of their prices on powder are pretty good. W748 and HP-38  were $22.94 for the one pound can. Primers were also 25% off what was left.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:35:01 AM EDT
[#27]
Looking to find a set of Redding Type S Match Bushing Neck Die Set 6.5mm Creedmoor Mfr Part: 38446 3 die set that is in stock for less than $190.  Seems that Brownell's has about the best price, but it is back ordered currently

Thanks all
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Hodgdon Gunpowder Trail Boss - 9 oz sale $12.99

@ Reloading Unlimited - 24 hour sale good buy assuming the hazmat/ship is reasonable.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 7:33:53 PM EDT
[#29]
https://www.wideners.com/reloading-supplies/bullets/pistol-bullets/45-long-colt-bullets#hornady-45-acp-bullets-452-240-grain-xtp-hp-100

Wideners has a good sale on these 45cal 240gr XTP magnum bullets (Hornady #45220). I bought some seconds at Midway a short while ago that I have been working through a bit quickly. I paid about the same price as these 1st's from Wideners so I am in for more. Run them in my Casull and trying to find a load in 460 too.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Cabela's has Federal 210M primers
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By buss45:
View Quote
been trying to find these for a year.  Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
You just cost me a lot of money.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 7:29:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Defender3:

You just cost me a lot of money.  
View Quote
Any good deals on Hornady 55 gr. 224 looking for 6000-8000
Link Posted: 4/15/2017 11:08:36 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By fallenover:

Any good deals on Hornady 55 gr. 224 looking for 6000-8000
View Quote
Brownells has the 55 gr. SP's on sale for $429.99/6000   The FMJ-BT's are 10 dollars cheaper but out of stock.

Use coupon code L9Q for $30 off and free shipping so it makes them 399.99 to your door
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#35]
RCBS ProChucker 7 on sale for $532.63 before $50 rebate on Amazon for Prime members only.

Amazon
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:14:01 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
Just saw this and they are gone already. Does anyone know who else has them or when they will be available again? I'm going to try CCI BR2 for the time being.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:40:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Anyone know of a source for super cheap 300 blk bullets. Can be coated.

So far cheapest I can find is Eggleston Munitions bullets at about 11 cents per bullet.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:26:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Machineguntony:

So far cheapest I can find is Eggleston Munitions bullets at about 11 cents per bullet.
View Quote
I have ordered from Palmetto Projectiles before. About the same price, maybe a little cheaper.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:18:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Machineguntony:

View Quote
Did you try biggunner81 as a coupon code at egglestons? Might bring it down a little more.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Free shipping from Brownells today, promo code M4L.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:16:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Do .30 cal armor piercing bullets (black tip) ever get sold on their own?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:29:39 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Kandoc:

I have ordered from Palmetto Projectiles before. About the same price, maybe a little cheaper.
View Quote
I haven't looked recently but this is who I ordered from last, have been happy with them.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:38:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Apparently me asking what the best/toughest brass for garands isn't appropriate outside this thread....so what is the best/toughest brass for Garands since they're hard on brass???
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:52:49 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
They used to I haven't seen them in a while. But I have not looked for them recently. Places like rwoc.com used to have then if memory serves.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:57:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Looking for some 1 or 8 lb Hodgdon h4350, if y'all know who has it in stock that would make my day!
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:53:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bookertbab] [#46]
View Quote
Yes they do. Post a wanted add and I bet you get some bites.

Yes, post in the EE reloading section, not here. Sorry for any confusion.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:19:02 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Apparently me asking what the best/toughest brass for garands isn't appropriate outside this thread....so what is the best/toughest brass for Garands since they're hard on brass???
View Quote
Best to buy the Greek surplus ammo from CMP and reload or look on CMP forum for guys selling their once fired brass. It was made for Garand. Guys from CMP service shop talked it up too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:13:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CKyleC] [#49]
Looking for some 1 or 8 lb Hodgdon h4350, if y'all know who has it in stock that would make my day!
View Quote
Check American Reloading. I saw some there a few days ago.

Edit: Just checked, sold out
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:47:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By CKyleC:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CKyleC:

Powder Valley had one pounders today, I got 10 which was the limit. They sold out within a few hours.

I signed up for email reminders at the main vendors and I plan to get a few 8 lb bottles when they come back in stock.
Page / 267
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top