Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 12/27/2015 3:27:26 PM EDT
What would have to be done to be able to run CCI quiets?
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 3:34:28 PM EDT
[#1]

I don't know of any semi-auto that will function with CCI Quiet ammo.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 4:50:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

This. CCI quiet is best reserved for bolt action or single shot type weapons.
Link Posted: 12/27/2015 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#3]
VQ makes a kit that supposedly lets you use Quiets in a 10/22.
Link Posted: 12/28/2015 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#4]
If you can find it - The Aguila SSS  heavy projectile 22LR works well in my GSG and is very quiet.
Link Posted: 12/29/2015 10:17:46 PM EDT
[#5]

How far have you shot your GSG with those 60 grain bullets?  Most .22s don't have the proper twist rate to stabilize them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2016 11:16:53 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a bunch of that ammo. also found out that it will not cycle any of my 22 pistols or rifles. single shot ammo only. hey, anyone want to buy my quiet ammo?
Link Posted: 1/3/2016 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

How far have you shot your GSG with those 60 grain bullets?  Most .22s don't have the proper twist rate to stabilize them.
View Quote

About 30 yds. I have  12" steel plate - hits the plate every time.  Didn't measure any groups.
Link Posted: 1/13/2016 11:45:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Has anyone tried gemtech subsonic? Do they cycle well? I've been look for good subsonic ammo. It's seems like Cci standard, Winchester subsonic and gemtech subsonic are all very close to each other as far as velocity and weight. I think there's only 5 fps difference between the 3.
I wonder why cci does put subsonic on the box of standard ammo? I know it's close but I've never had one go supersonic.
Link Posted: 1/15/2016 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

The only one I know of is the Remingtom 550-1.  It will run shorts, longs and long rifle cartridges interchangeably.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 7:35:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Has anyone tried gemtech subsonic? Do they cycle well? I've been look for good subsonic ammo. It's seems like Cci standard, Winchester subsonic and gemtech subsonic are all very close to each other as far as velocity and weight. I think there's only 5 fps difference between the 3.
I wonder why cci does put subsonic on the box of standard ammo? I know it's close but I've never had one go supersonic.
View Quote

I love, Gemtech Subsonic. Buy some. Whatever host I'm using(10/22 VLEH, Colt M4 .22LR, Colt Rail Gun .22LR & ST-22 SBR), all run like a sewing machine!
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top