Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2015 6:58:06 PM EDT
Several months ago I got a GSG 522SD from buds at a really good price, under $300 shipped with 5 mags. Once it arrived I was hooked. Really fun gun. I wanted to add a suppressor to it but I did not want to make this a two stamp gun. So I put in for my form 1 and started to think, this is what I came up with once I got my form 1 approved, so with the form 1 in hand:
For the barrel mount I decided to make my own as this is going to be a budget gun, i don't want to spend a lot on what is essentially a plinker. I used a 1/2-28 to 5/8-24 adapter. I honed out the inside until it would slip over my barrel, then I added two set screws and dimpled the barrel so it would grip better.

For the suppressor, again I used what I had on hand, a 3 cell maglite, that I cut the threads off. I had an aluminum muzzle device that was already threaded 5/8-24, it is basically just a round piece of aluminum but it fits perfectly in a maglite. I let it extend two inches out, this gave me a total length of 12 inches on the can. For baffles I used 6 tightly packed cones that I made from freeze plugs and then made 4 baffles that fit over the barrel and then I ported the barrel and put spacers between the baffles over the barrel. For an end gap I bought a center marked one online.

This is my first form 1 suppressor and I am amazed at how well it works. I am going to clean it up some, I will add some button head screws to it and duracoat the whole thing in flat black to match the rifle.

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks great!
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks great - Can't you also machine or drill holes in the barrel past the hand guard so that gas enters into the suppressor expansion chamber that way?

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks great!
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/9/2015 4:48:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I drilled 4 holes in the barrel in front of the hand guard. There are 4 spacers and baffles that correspond to the holes. I can still take the suppressor off and use it on other firearms, the front part and the baffles with the large holes that slide over the barrel on the rifle just act as a really large blast chamber.

Next I am going to change the retractable stock with a good quality fixed stock. These rifles are fun and addictive.
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top