BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » GSG-5
Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 2:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Ray,

If I send in my breech bolt assy to have the ejector fixed/riveted, and I have other than factory screws in it, will there be a problem fixing the ejector under warranty? Should I put the original screws back in before shipping out my breech bolt assy? And thanks for a really cool weapon, my GSG-5P eats any ammo I feed it, bolt locks back on empty mags every time, accuracy is fantastic for the weapon type it is; ejector has come loose twice but have been able to restake it. I plan on sending it in if it comes loose again to be riveted in place, thus my question on the screws...
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 10:58:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Firearms09:
While cleaning my GSG-5 rifle today, I dropped the grip & trigger assembly & the little tab (in the circled area of the pics) that holds the 1 piece down broke off. Well apparently this little bugger keeps the magazine in place b/c now my mag will not lock in. So I need to know what part it is that  must order please.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/tomnj415/disco06_thumb.jpg
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/tomnj415/disco12_thumb.jpg

Can I get a response?
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Firearms09

You will need part # 21 tigger plate (right) at a cost of $20.00 plus shipping.  You can purchase from us with a credit card.

Ray
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#4]
patrickcassidy

That is normal, they are only spacers.\

Ray
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:49:04 AM EDT
[#5]
akuser-47

I will try and do that, but I will have to give it some thought to decide what would apply.

Ray
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:51:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jqar45:
Ray,

If I send in my breech bolt assy to have the ejector fixed/riveted, and I have other than factory screws in it, will there be a problem fixing the ejector under warranty? Should I put the original screws back in before shipping out my breech bolt assy? And thanks for a really cool weapon, my GSG-5P eats any ammo I feed it, bolt locks back on empty mags every time, accuracy is fantastic for the weapon type it is; ejector has come loose twice but have been able to restake it. I plan on sending it in if it comes loose again to be riveted in place, thus my question on the screws...

We will cover it under warranty, regaurdless of the screws as I have previously stated.

Ray
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 11:55:42 AM EDT
[#7]
While cleaning my GSG-5 rifle today, I dropped the grip & trigger assembly & the little tab (in the circled area of the pics) that holds the 1 piece down broke off. Well apparently this little bugger keeps the magazine in place b/c now my mag will not lock in. So I need to know what part it is that  must order please.

http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/tomnj415/disco06_thumb.jpg
http://i578.photobucket.com/albums/ss225/tomnj415/disco12_thumb.jpg

Can I get a response?

Sorry, but sometimes I can't take the time to get on line for a few days, I get to it as often as I can

Ray
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 4:09:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought my GSG-5P slightly used and it did not have the little plastic tab that fits into the chamber when it is not in use.  Can I get one of these?
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 4:22:39 PM EDT
[#9]
call Ray, he'll send you one, i got a pk new from a gun show and it didnt have one either, ray sent it out, i should get it any day now
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 12:51:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pault] [#10]
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#11]

I put it back on in the rearward position where it looks "right" and nothing but failures moved it up a post as per the pic's and everything is fine.  Glad to have mine back, wish I had paid more attention taking the bolt apart for the screws.

Link Posted: 4/14/2009 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Ray, just wondering how much a new rear sight would be, mine came in with a cracked base from screw hole to the right side.
Link Posted: 4/14/2009 3:43:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Will this type sight mount work with the gsg-5p?
http://www.thecountryshed.com/mnt-hkad1-a.jpg

Link Posted: 4/17/2009 11:25:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Pault

Yes, there should be one nub left uncovered on the "EJECTOR",  You should, however, send the bolt carrier assembly in to have the ejector riveted. Please send to the address below, and include a note with your name address and phone #.

American Tactical Imports
Attn: Ray/Repair Dept.
100 Air Park Drive
Rochester, NY 14624
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 11:28:54 AM EDT
[#15]
GSGAGGIE

Please e-mail us at [email protected] with your name and address and tell us you need a rear sight because your came broken and we will send you one.

Ray
Link Posted: 4/17/2009 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#16]
RazorsEdge

I have never tried one, but I would guess not, at least find out from someone who has actually tried one before spending that kind of money.

Ray
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 3:09:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Hey Ray,

Got a few cleaning questions. Will brass brushes damage the barrel? What solvent do you recommend? Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/21/2009 11:01:31 AM EDT
[#18]
calicojack7

The bronze brushes will not hurt the barrel, just don't use steel ones.  I recommend Hoppes Elite gun cleaner, because it's biodegrdeable, scent free and doe's not hurt the gun finish.

Ray
Link Posted: 7/2/2009 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Is the GSG-SD going to have any improvements over the newest 'standard' carbines that are out right now? Im torn between buying the SD or standard, so if the SD is just a different suppressor and no updated internals, I'll probably go with the standard.

On that note, are all standard carbines now shipping with riveted ejectors?

Thats my biggest concern, I can swap screws myself, but I want to avoid shipping a rifle back for the rivet job.

Thanks!!

Link Posted: 7/8/2009 10:36:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By lloydkristmas:
Is the GSG-SD going to have any improvements over the newest 'standard' carbines that are out right now? Im torn between buying the SD or standard, so if the SD is just a different suppressor and no updated internals, I'll probably go with the standard.

Thats my biggest concern, I can swap screws myself, but I want to avoid shipping a rifle back for the rivet job.

Thanks!!

As of this time, they will be the exact same internals.  All GSG guns are shipping with rived ejectors, 5L, 5P, 5PK and the AK.

Ray
Link Posted: 7/9/2009 11:16:37 PM EDT
[#21]
hi ray,
i would like to start by saying i love these guns and have never had any problems until now.  with that being said i was wondering if the extractor not being riveted would be part of a failure to feed problem?  i was trading another member of this forum guns and wanted to make sure the gun was in perfect working condition. i took it out this past weekend and put 50rds through it flawlessly. afterwards during a deep cleaning the extractor fell out and was put back in wrong. this caused a fte today, i noticed what was wrong and fixed it.  but after it was ejecting right it started having problems feeding and actually crushed a few bullets.  could you tell me if this can be fixed.
thanks
ryan
Link Posted: 7/21/2009 10:08:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Triumph675] [#22]
Hello Ray,

I actually am experiencing an issue with sight alignment. My GSG-5 groups well enough but shoots low and to the right, even when the rear sight is moved to its left-most position.
At 100' it is several inches right and low. Is there anything I can check.

Best Regards.
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By lloydkristmas:

Thanks!!

There are no updates internally with the SD to my knowledge, and all the GSG being manufactured haved riveted ejectors
Link Posted: 7/23/2009 1:52:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By krider24:
hi ray,
i would like to start by saying i love these guns and have never had any problems until now.  with that being said i was wondering if the extractor not being riveted would be part of a failure to feed problem?  i was trading another member of this forum guns and wanted to make sure the gun was in perfect working condition. i took it out this past weekend and put 50rds through it flawlessly. afterwards during a deep cleaning the extractor fell out and was put back in wrong. this caused a fte today, i noticed what was wrong and fixed it.  but after it was ejecting right it started having problems feeding and actually crushed a few bullets.  could you tell me if this can be fixed.
thanks
ryan

Ryan,

Yes, a non rived ejector once loose will continue to come loose, even if repeened, and will cause failures to fire, failures to feed, and failures to eject. If you send your gun into us, we will update it for you under warranty.  Ship it to the address below

American Tactical Imports
Attn: Ray/ Repair Dept. RA# 90723GSGRC3
100 Air Park Drive
Rochester, Ny 14624

Link Posted: 7/24/2009 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Congratulations and thank you for being here ATI.  Communicating with and educating customers to ensure they are happy with your product.  A simple concept and an under- utilized sales and marketing tool.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2009 8:36:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Do all Gen 2's have  rived ejectors?
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BigDT:

BigDT

No Gen 2's do not, Gen 3 was the riveted ejector.  Gen 2 was the change to the heavier front sight cocking tube assembly with the removeable front sights.  We started the Gen three with the riveted ejectors in late september of 2008.
Link Posted: 7/30/2009 1:39:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: shudon] [#28]
Originally Posted By RAYCATON:

BigDT

No Gen 2's do not, Gen 3 was the riveted ejector.  Gen 2 was the change to the heavier front sight cocking tube assembly with the removeable front sights.  We started the Gen three with the riveted ejectors in late september of 2008.

Are the new black SD's that are on their way over the same gen 3?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 6:41:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for the info..Looks like I got a gen 3. brass rivet is in place.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 11:56:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By shudon:

BigDT

yes
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:04:49 PM EDT
[#31]

BigDT

yes

Any other changes to gen 3 other than the riveted ejector?
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#32]
No mechanical changes,  only the new models SD, Aniversary, etc.
Link Posted: 8/8/2009 12:23:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ParanoidAndroid] [#33]

BigDT

Is there any easy way to tell if a rifle is a Gen 3 without taking it apart to examine the ejector? I want to know if a GSG-5 in a shop is the newest model or not. I see you have date codes on the side, is there a way to make sure that the rifle was produced after September 2008?

Edit to add: After looking more into generation differences in naming, I realized that my phrasing is wrong. What I mean to ask is: can I just lock the the bolt back and peer inside to see if the ejector is riveted in place or not? I've seen pictures in the threads, of course, but i can't see if they're pictures of a fully disassembled gun or a view from the "outside".
Link Posted: 8/8/2009 3:12:47 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm confused. There are a number of other threads stating that the change in screw to rivet ejecture is not substantial enough a change to warrant a generation change. It's more a late model Gen 2 rather than a Gen 3. Is there something from ATI that supports a generation change?
Link Posted: 8/19/2009 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By ParanoidAndroid:

BigDT

Is there any easy way to tell if a rifle is a Gen 3 without taking it apart to examine the ejector? I want to know if a GSG-5 in a shop is the newest model or not. I see you have date codes on the side, is there a way to make sure that the rifle was produced after September 2008?

Edit to add: After looking more into generation differences in naming, I realized that my phrasing is wrong. What I mean to ask is: can I just lock the the bolt back and peer inside to see if the ejector is riveted in place or not? I've seen pictures in the threads, of course, but i can't see if they're pictures of a fully disassembled gun or a view from the "outside".

Yes, you can see the rivet by opening the bolt and looking in the ejection port.
Link Posted: 8/19/2009 9:51:57 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By ShermiesRule:
I'm confused. There are a number of other threads stating that the change in screw to rivet ejecture is not substantial enough a change to warrant a generation change. It's more a late model Gen 2 rather than a Gen 3. Is there something from ATI that supports a generation change?

Technically, there are no Generations attached to the guns by the factory, only ones attached by customers. Based on that, I have been trying to put a logical sequence to it all.  The riveted ejector, is the most significant change in terms of function, that the gun has ever received. I will tell you that 90% of the guns returned to the us for repair are ejector related, and that includes light hits, failure to feed and failure to eject.  I hope that clears that up.
Link Posted: 8/19/2009 7:42:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yankeesfan81] [#37]
NVM
Link Posted: 8/29/2009 12:29:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Happy to get the updated Breech Assembly with riveted ejector and upgraded firing pin back from Ray. Fired 150 rounds with no jams. Thanks again Ray.

Nilo Dalisay
Tomball, Texas
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 2:11:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Just picked up the gsg5sd yesterday. Had it out to the range today and after the first 10 or 15 rds I started having problems with trigger reset. Second full mag I had to cycle it by hand every round. Any thoughts as to the problem?
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#40]
Mike,

First thing that comes to mind is the ammo.  The gun is designed to use high velocity ammo, if you are using standard velocity, with the gun being new and tight, it might not be able to recock the hammer.  When you say trigger reset, I assume the hammer is not cocking, is that correct?, or does the trigger stay to the rear and need to be pushed forward.

In any case, if it is not the ammo, please call Chris in customer service at 1-800-290-0065 Ext. 153 to get an RA# to send the gun here for repair.

Ray
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 7:36:41 PM EDT
[#41]
You are right, the hammer is not cocking however the spent round is being ejected. The ammo I was using is Aguila Super Extra 38 grain. The guy that I bought the rifle from said it should work. I plan on trying a different ammo just dont know when I can do it so thought I would get an opinion while I waited.Thanks for the response.
Link Posted: 9/23/2009 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Mike,

First thing that comes to mind is the ammo.  The gun is designed to use high velocity ammo, if you are using standard velocity, with the gun being new and tight, it might not be able to recock the hammer.  When you say trigger reset, I assume the hammer is not cocking, is that correct?, or does the trigger stay to the rear and need to be pushed forward.

In any case, if it is not the ammo, please call Chris in customer service at 1-800-290-0065 Ext. 153 to get an RA# to send the gun here for repair.

Ray

Ray,

Do you guys have a specific kind of ammo that you do your testing with or find works the best with this gun?
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Mike,

Ray

Ray,

Do you guys have a specific kind of ammo that you do your testing with or find works the best with this gun?

Whatever is available, but mostly CCI mini mags
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 5:07:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krispytapa] [#44]
Hi, Ray

Last shot is not holding the bolt open and bolt is not holding open.  Shot 500 rds of cci mini mag through it.  The bolt hold open spring is installed correctly and is there.  I'm using factory mags and promags w/ the same issues. I tried stretching the mag springs for more tension on the bolt hold open plate.  The bolt hold open plate (#51 reciever) is not catching on the bolt (#86 breech body).  Took apart and cleaned and tested/fired twice with the same problem.  Here's what i've found.  The area that catches and holds the bolt open has been peened.  Please advise.  Other than that, It still shoots fine.

Thanks,
MIke

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i208/krispytapa/gsg/DSC01890a.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i208/krispytapa/gsg/DSC01892a.jpg

Link Posted: 9/30/2009 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By krispytapa:
Hi, Ray

Last shot is not holding the bolt open and bolt is not holding open.  Shot 500 rds of cci mini mag through it.  The bolt hold open spring is installed correctly and is there.  I'm using factory mags and promags w/ the same issues. I tried stretching the mag springs for more tension on the bolt hold open plate.  The bolt hold open plate (#51 reciever) is not catching on the bolt (#86 breech body).  Took apart and cleaned and tested/fired twice with the same problem.  Here's what i've found.  The area that catches and holds the bolt open has been peened.  Please advise.  Other than that, It still shoots fine.

Thanks,
MIke

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i208/krispytapa/gsg/DSC01890a.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i208/krispytapa/gsg/DSC01892a.jpg
Just take a file and square that stud back up.  Ray

Link Posted: 10/1/2009 4:38:50 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By krispytapa:
Hi, Ray

Thanks,
MIke

Mine did the same thing. I found that the tab that is moved up by the magazine on the bolt hold open plate was bent upward and hitting the bolt carrier housing. I dont recommend trying to bend it because I did that and broke the tab off. You can see if yours hits by moving up the bolt hold open plate while there is no mag and see if it goes all the way up. Mine only went halfway up before it hit.
Link Posted: 10/4/2009 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Got back out today using the cci mini mags. Everything went well, no problems at all. Thanks for the suggestion Ray.
Link Posted: 10/17/2009 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Hey Ron,

On my Gen 3 gun, underneath the the handguard there is a short 4th lockdown "set" screw that appears to merely "lock down" on the blade attached to the charge tube body housing. What is the purpose of this set screw (since the longer screw right next to it goes all the way through this blade and already keeps the charge tube body from shifting)?
Link Posted: 10/19/2009 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By cantgrowup:
Hey Ron,

On my Gen 3 gun, underneath the the handguard there is a short 4th lockdown "set" screw that appears to merely "lock down" on the blade attached to the charge tube body housing. What is the purpose of this set screw (since the longer screw right next to it goes all the way through this blade and already keeps the charge tube body from shifting)?

This is something new they started doing supposedly to keep the cocking tube assembly from moving at alll.  I guess some were able to wiggle back and forth.
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 11:15:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Ray,
First off..thanks for being here.
I've have some issues with failure to feed. My 2nd Gen GSG-5 shot flawlessly at first. Have between 500-1000 rounds thru it now and it jams while feeding. It crushes the round while trying to feed them. I have been using both CCI stingers and Wal mart federal value packs, both fed just fine. All three of my magazines are GSG factory mags. After reading the threads here, I will not be surprised to find the ejector loose when I look at it tonight.  My questions are:
Do I have to send the entire gun back?
What is the process to send it back?  Do I have to go thru an FFL holder? If so, will I have to eat the 30 bucks my dealer charges each way to ship it to you? How long is the warranty? I bought this gun over a year ago but have only shot twice before I started having these problems and twice more after trying to clean it and test fire it.
Thank s for taking time out of your busy day
Vic
Page / 4
Page Armory » GSG-5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top