Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By jackal2001:
The Missing or Flying Spring
Last Round Bolt Hold Open

Most people have encountered a problem with the bolt hold open feature of the GSG-5 not working correctly. There is a tiny spring that sits behind the breech-housing that can easily fall out when removing the breech-housing for routine cleaning. Below are pictures of the proper location of the spring. These are pictures looking directly into the breech/ejection port of the weapon.

Thank you for this. I just got my GSG and took it apart for the first time. As I was re-assembling, "clink". I found a spring on the floor and had no idea where it came from. Thanks to this thread I figured it out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2013 9:24:34 PM EDT
[#2]
This thread is AWESOME, I *just* read through it today for the first time, after being directed here by a board member on another forum.

I've got a GSG-5PK (1st gen) that I picked up NIB a few years ago. I haven't fired it much, and not at all recently due to a number of feeding and FTF issues I've been having with the gun. First thing I'm doing this weekend is finding and/or replacing the spring in the FIRST photo, mine's gone, and probably dropped out the first time I took the pistol down for cleaning. I've got a spare spring in my toolbox that I found about a year ago, not sure WHERE it came from but I kept it and it may be the original.

I'll also be buying some of the Federal ammo, and blue lok-tite for the three top screws, I know I've never checked them for tightness (I've only had the pistol broken down once for cleaning since I've owned it).

I bought the pistol new before the prices dropped, waaaay before the H&K lawsuit baloney...  so if the prices have gone back UP, this may be about the same in value as when originally purchased?

IIRC, I paid $515 for it about 6 months or a year after they came out, fall of 2008 or spring of 2009.

Thanks again, I'm looking forward to getting this little gem back up and running again!

Gunhorde
Link Posted: 6/9/2013 12:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I finally found the solution to keeping the GSG5 from giving misfeeds.

See the video here
Link Posted: 1/27/2014 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I shot Aguila through mine because we had 10,000 rounds laying around and I quickly discovered why none of it had been shot. Plainly said, it sucked. Misfires 5 out of 10 rounds and that being low. All light strikes on a brand new GSG 522 including the first 3 rounds. I haven't shot it since and the cold definitely didn't help, but I'm definitely going to be trying CCI.

-Matt
Link Posted: 3/1/2014 2:35:47 AM EDT
[#5]
i'm having a strange issue that I don't see posted here. the rifle cycles and loads a round but won't cock the hammer. It is doing this every round...,rack a round, fire, next round chambers, but the hammer does not cock. ever had something like this? thanks
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 11:20:31 PM EDT
[#6]
This gun is new for me, so maybe I need to give it more time.
Link Posted: 10/31/2018 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Here it is over ten years since the first post...I've just discovered I can't get the bolt to go forward - no matter what I do...it will not travel forward if I insert an empty magazine...seems to be permanently stuck in the locked open position...I'm leery of trying to disassemble it while it's in this condition...please advise
Link Posted: 1/10/2022 8:33:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Asylum9] [#8]
Wrong thread
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Armory » GSG-5
Top Top