Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2017 12:38:01 PM EDT
"MAXIMUM RETENTION" Was supposed to have edge in the middle...

I would grind a deep cut on pieces and then clamp just below it and tap with a hammer to break it into the general shape. Used a angle grinder to clean up the edges and remove the teeth.

which with a 1" flapper wheel got me to this point

Then took it over ti the industrial grinder/polisher we have and put the bevel on the edge and sat ut on the buffing wheel for a moment.

Doing nothing else in some  spots the blade will shave hair off your arm easily, others are fairly dull. I think im going to order a tool I have seen with set angles...its a small belt grinder set up to sharpen to get a perfect consistent edge profile. If the handle comes out like I'm hoping.

It will be another first, going to use antler for the handle for a hidden tang handle, but im going to try to anneal the rear of the tang and once fitted drill and pin it, so its not relying only on epoxy or something to hold the blade in and maybe I can do it in such a way it can be disassembled if needed?
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top