Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2017 12:44:34 AM EDT
Anyone have a Bark River PSK? I just give a friend my small Blind Horse knife and need a replacement. I have a Northstar and I know they make quality knives just wondering if anyone has first hand experience, BTW the knife will just be a general use woods knife maybe even some edc use.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I own a PSK.  IMO, it is a little too small for use as a primary outdoors knife.  It's only a little over 5" OAL.  Blade length is only a little over 2".  Other that size, it is a great little knife.  Full tang, 154CM steel, well built & sturdy.  I got mine as a back up for my primary blade.

If you're skilled enough to use a PSK as a primary outdoors blade, you're a better man than I - My hat's off to you sir!

If you like knives that size, you might consider an ESEE Izula with a set of TKC scales.

OR, maybe an ESEE 3 (top) or DPX HEST (bottom).  Both are a nice size.  The HEST is beefier (see sxs spine photo - below right) if you need or want that sort of heft...  

I was bored one weekend and customized my HEST...
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 4:59:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I already have an ESEE 3 and an Izula. I don't mind a small primary knife for just a day in the woods. I live on about 150 wooded acres and spend a lot of times in the woods, I have other knives for major chores.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:50:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I was looking at that model too, I went with the Bravo edc in Elmax instead. I don't remember what it was about the PSK, possibly the handle length that I thought needed to actually be felt in hand as stated above.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top