Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 2/7/2017 7:27:30 AM EDT
Son turns 17. Wanted to get him a Kukuri possibly . I  want something nice. But not to dam nice he won't use. It . I personally have HI ones from years ago. They are so nice , hell you don't want to use them.  Beautiful work . I see ontario and Kbar  for $50  +   . Cold steel is an option for about $150 . I see a few more that I haven't heard of . Gurkha House and  Condor out of  El Salvador ??? Point me in  a good direction ole wise HIVE . TIA WarDawg
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#1]
My wife just bought me https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IXSXQZM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=vglnk-c102-20 and it is razor sharp from the gate. Not bad for 40 bucks. It is more knife sized than machete.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 9:29:48 AM EDT
[#2]
The Condor knives I own have held up well while being used.

They could stand to be sharper out of the box, but I have a WorkSharp so not an issue with me.

Can't go wrong with Ontario/KaBar either.

The $150+ Cold Steel one is very nice and has the typical Cold Steel sharpness.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:13:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Condor knives I own have held up well while being used.

They could stand to be sharper out of the box, but I have a WorkSharp so not an issue with me.

Can't go wrong with Ontario/KaBar either.

The $150+ Cold Steel one is very nice and has the typical Cold Steel sharpness.
View Quote

This.

I have both and use them.

The Kabar gets the job done, but the CS is a "cut" above.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#4]
RMJ
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I would watch this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40B6KmIzo_8

If your thinking of spending over 100 I'd consider getting the villager mentioned in his video.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#6]
For under $100, the Condor is great.  For a little more, get the Becker.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#7]
I have the Ontario. Served me well so far.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 3:29:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I leaning Becker.  But there is a lot of nice choices.
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#9]
If you join the Bladeforum.com and go into the Himalayan Imports section they sell new and blemished Khukuri's at Great prices and they located in Utah so it's fast shipping. They sell villager models that are not polished up, meant for some real work !!
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:32:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
If you join the Bladeforum.com and go into the Himalayan Imports section they sell new and blemished Khukuri's at Great prices and they located in Utah so it's fast shipping. They sell villager models that are not polished up, meant for some real work !!
View Quote

that link is dead.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

that link is dead.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that link is dead.

Bladeforums.com

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/739-Himalayan-Imports
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top