Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Posted: 1/3/2017 8:58:47 PM EDT
http://www.benchmade.com/new.html?mode=grid&p=1

There are a few decent looking knives there.  A few that are a direct replacement for the HK series, and some new ones.

I think the 560 looks like a replacement for the Ritter griptillian, and I will probably end up with one of them.  The 4400 also looks alright.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#1]
The 87 looks really nice.  Not really a Bali fan but it looks sexy IMO.  If it were about 1/3 of what the MSRP is, I would consider owning one as a show piece/toy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:11:47 PM EDT
[#2]
The 560 looks nice!

I don't know why but I like the look of that 10 hook. I never buy stuff like that...currently using a box cutter with large hook blades as a gut hook
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm a fan of the 560, looks like it has a good belly.

The Bali looks nice, but it's too pricey for my blood. The new OTFs are nice, but they seem like they are priced higher than the H&K items.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#4]
So they "discontinued" the H&K line and then rebranded it back to themselves.  I was pissed that I missed out on a Turmoil.......think some places still have them at about $200.  Looks like the Benchmade version is marked way up.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 9:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I really like the looks of that blue VALET and then the blue 4400-1 automatic.

Chris
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm going to have to get a 781.

No way to get around it
Link Posted: 1/4/2017 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Looking through the site and seeing some of their price increases this year, and looking at some of the MSRPs of the new models, I gotta say I am kind of turned off to benchmades at the moment.  I will probably pick up a 560 if they release a new code at the NRA show again this year, and unless I am very impressed by fit and finish, have an even blade grind and actually receive a sharp knife, I may not be buying any more benchmade knives.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 11:33:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looking through the site and seeing some of their price increases this year, and looking at some of the MSRPs of the new models, I gotta say I am kind of turned off to benchmades at the moment.  I will probably pick up a 560 if they release a new code at the NRA show again this year, and unless I am very impressed by fit and finish, have an even blade grind and actually receive a sharp knife, I may not be buying any more benchmade knives.
View Quote

I tend to agree. I haven't bought a Benchmade in a long time and actually sold off most of them, although I still have 6.

It seems like they are really trying to shift towards the higher end market. Which of course means keeping them out of the hands of the average person. I've been happy with the Benchmades that I do have but it seem hard to justify a lot of their prices especially when compared to some other manufactures value. I would have liked to of seen some solid offerings at a lower price for the more EDC type buyer. That said the 560BK does look nice, I think I'll keep an eye on that one. 
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#9]
i agree too, they havent had many exciting knives in awhile. the Loco is a new fav of mine but i like the heavy blade stuff too.

wish they would not have dropped the Rukus full size.

i like the Anthem but at 0.11' blade width, it seems a bit skinny for general duty.

i'm such a huge fan of the axis lock that any other knife is hard to accept for daily use since they close up so easy. mine daily carry knife gets used a dozen times a day at work.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#10]
781 looks cool, but they better have some new QC processes in place if they want me to pay $500 for a knife.  

everything else is kind of meh.  i've leaned more towards spyderco lately; maybe it's just me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 5:26:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
781 looks cool, but they better have some new QC processes in place if they want me to pay $500 for a knife.  

everything else is kind of meh.  i've leaned more towards spyderco lately; maybe it's just me.
View Quote

ya, i won't be getting one at that price. that puts it into the collector category.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 5:44:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The 87 looks really nice.  Not really a Bali fan but it looks sexy IMO.  If it were about 1/3 of what the MSRP is, I would consider owning one as a show piece/toy.
View Quote

Yeah do want. I'd get one if it was half the price. $600 is too steep for me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#13]
The 5700 Auto Presidi0 II looks nice. I wish they offered it about an inch longer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yeah do want. I'd get one if it was half the price. $600 is too steep for me.
View Quote

It's going to be about $430 Street pricing and  three hundo won't get you a Ti Integral folder with a super steel blade.

At that price it's close to the Spydie integral

Still cheaper than a Lochsa or Rasenti Nirvana
Link Posted: 1/17/2017 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

ya, i won't be getting one at that price. that puts it into the collector category.
View Quote

430 and its a user.
Link Posted: 1/20/2017 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

430 and its a user.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

430 and its a user.

i'd have a tough time using a $400 blade for work stuff. maybe a carry knife that just cuts my breakfast burrito on the console though. haha
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 3:45:34 PM EDT
[#17]
I see a couple of cool knives there.
Link Posted: 1/22/2017 8:01:29 PM EDT
[#18]
There are still some Turmoils out there.  I bought one yesterday for around $200.   Never had an OTF knife so thought I would try it out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 12:15:45 AM EDT
[#19]
The 560 Freek looks very nice. It's a pretty good price for CPM-S30V.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 5:30:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Okay, so I got the new 560 Freek. First production run. The rubber grip is such a nice upgrade from my normal edc. Beautiful knife!
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Okay, so I got the new 560 Freek. First production run. The rubber grip is such a nice upgrade from my normal edc. Beautiful knife!
View Quote

Cool, thanks for the heads up. I was looking at it for a friend.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I purchased a Griptlian a while back and was pretty underwhelmed at the knife.  Blade was good quality, Axis lock seemed solid but the plastic scales just felt incredibly cheap.  Frankly, the finish makes me think "cheap Chinese junk blade", not quality.  

I've handled a few of their more expensive blades, and they're very nice, but quickly are more than I'm willing to pay for a user EDC blade.

Now that Benchmade has moved to MAP pricing, I think they're moving towards catering to the high end knife collector.  

I don't carry my Benchmade anymore.  I either need to take the hit and sell it, or buy some aftermarket scales and get it back into rotation.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 5:31:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I purchased a Griptlian a while back and was pretty underwhelmed at the knife.  Blade was good quality, Axis lock seemed solid but the plastic scales just felt incredibly cheap.
View Quote

You bought an entry level model that's the way they chose to cut costs.
There is or was an aftermarket for replacement handles but they put the cost back where a standard Benchmade would be.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The 560 looks nice!

I don't know why but I like the look of that 10 hook. I never buy stuff like that...currently using a box cutter with large hook blades as a gut hook
View Quote

The style of blade, or that specific handle? I've got a few different styles of benchmade rescue hook. There's a similar one at Midway.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I purchased a Griptlian a while back and was pretty underwhelmed at the knife.  Blade was good quality, Axis lock seemed solid but the plastic scales just felt incredibly cheap.  Frankly, the finish makes me think "cheap Chinese junk blade", not quality.  

I've handled a few of their more expensive blades, and they're very nice, but quickly are more than I'm willing to pay for a user EDC blade.

Now that Benchmade has moved to MAP pricing, I think they're moving towards catering to the high end knife collector.  

I don't carry my Benchmade anymore.  I either need to take the hit and sell it, or buy some aftermarket scales and get it back into rotation.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Try these applied weapons technologies
I love them
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 4:20:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/193890/IMG-2627-137681.JPG

I love them
View Quote

Huh?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 2:43:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Huh?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I love them

Huh?

The scales
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 1:37:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I love them
View Quote

Those look nice!  Aluminum?
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes they're aluminum
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top