Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2016 11:31:06 AM EDT
I don't know much about anything and about reverse edge knives even less.

Do you have a Clinch Pick or a similar reverse-edge knife?

Is this something I need to have?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I really want a Spyderco Reverse.

I am not a knife fighter, I wouldn't call them "need to haves" but I do see the appeal. I often carry a small Kabar TDI at 11:00, it's not a practical knife, but it feels super intuitive in the hand.
Link Posted: 7/23/2016 10:22:44 AM EDT
[#2]
It depends on what your inteded use is.

For an EDC utility knife..... no.

If you are looking for something to save your butt in a real world situation then yes.

I personally love the Clinch Pick.  I am not a knife fighter.  If I get in a wrestling or grappling situation and can't get out the pistol then this gives me another option.

Many confrontations will start from very close range.  You may not see the first punch coming.  After that they will probably rush you and try to take you down.  You will probably not have time to draw your pistol and then be in a grappling situation.  This is where the Clinch Pick is needed. This is what it's designed for.

Main thing is train with it.  Oh,  and watch your thumb on the reverse edge!
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top