Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2015 2:49:34 PM EDT
i used to carry the kershaw Onion Blur (with speed safe) but lost it It was a great knife for the price (amazon lightning deal $30)
So im looking for something similar possible with a speed safe. I would love to get an auto knife but right now im staying in NM for the year and moving back to Texas.
I dont think they allow Autos in NM.

My budget is below $80 maybe go up to $100 if its a great knife.
Use: Primary self self defense but able to us for everyday work like cutting string if need be. (preferably with out teeth)

Thank you!
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]
If you liked the Blur - why not get another one?

http://kershawguy.com/products-page/kershaw-blems/ has blem Blurs for $35.

Blems don't have a warranty but usually you can't tell why it's a blem.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 6:30:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out the Kershaw Link: http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1776GRYBW-SpeedSafe-Aluminum-BlackWash/dp/B00TAD2EKM

Very nice USA made knife for the money. They also make a tanto version if you prefer that blade shape. The Kershaw Shield and the Kershaw/Emerson collaboration knives are nice too for the money.
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 7:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Upgrade to a blur s30v off amazon for like 70$. You will love it

I like the crkt m16 and m21 line of knives myself.

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Spyderco tenacious.

Txl
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Hard to beat a Blur for the price.

IMO
Link Posted: 10/30/2015 9:45:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Spydie Delica is one of the best EDC knives out there.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 1:06:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

In this price range all day
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 6:53:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I recently got a Mannix xl with s30v steel, i love it and it's wicked but a little high for your budget. The Blur in s30v is in your price range. My edc is a Ontario Rat 1 with Aus8 steel for about $26 shopping around, try Cutlery Shoppe. I like larger blades.
Link Posted: 10/31/2015 9:14:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

+1 for the Delica 4 FFG - available in a number of colors and steels at a fair shake price... ($50 to $60 @ Amazon; $86 for ZDP-189 steel)

If you want something a little larger and less costly, consider the Spyderco Tenacious - $39 (black) or $46 (green) @ Amazon
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 10:54:58 AM EDT
[#10]
I love my Cryo 2.  My wife's Kershaw Emerson CQC-7 is one of the few 10/10 knives I've ever handled.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:16:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Check out the Kershaw Link: http://www.amazon.com/Kershaw-1776GRYBW-SpeedSafe-Aluminum-BlackWash/dp/B00TAD2EKM

Very nice USA made knife for the money. They also make a tanto version if you prefer that blade shape. The Kershaw Shield and the Kershaw/Emerson collaboration knives are nice too for the money.
View Quote

This. I picked up a Link not long ago, and was very surprised. Its a great value for a made in USA blade. I love the sweep of the blade, and the Kershaw speed safe system is one of my favorites. The plastic handled version is not much to look at, but it is very comfortable and offers a great grip. I really hope this design sticks around. I would love to see a version in S30V with G10.
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:25:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I love my Cryo 2.  My wife's Kershaw Emerson CQC-7 is one of the few 10/10 knives I've ever handled.
View Quote
The Emerson/Kershaw collaborations are a great way to get into the wave feature on a budget. A little smaller than I like, but excellent products for the money.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#13]
At that price range a Spyderco Delica. Can't go wrong with one.

Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#14]
thanks for the replies guys!
Link Posted: 11/1/2015 6:34:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Emerson/Kershaw collaborations are a great way to get into the wave feature on a budget. A little smaller than I like, but excellent products for the money.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

Also the ZT Emerson collabs can be found pretty cheap used and are well regarded
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 1:29:03 AM EDT
[#16]
The Kershaw Camber, it is a improved newer version of the blur featuring a better steel (S30V) and it still made in the USA backed by Kershaws lifetime warranty, if you like Autos the new Kershaw Launch 1,2 and 3's are really hard to beat at the $100-$105 pricepoint they are fully automatic knives featuring a lightweight aluminum handle and CPM154 blade steel (still better than the Blurs) and they are also made in the US to boot.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#17]
still haven't bought one yet, looking at other brands but Amazon has $10 off all Kershaw knives
Over $50. I think it ends today. Maybe get the blur with sv30 steel, comes out to $60 shipped prime
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Ive used a ZT350  for self defense. I replaced it with 2 more ZT350s the following week . And I eventually hope my original 350 will be returned. I like ZTs, carry it everyday all day. If you're going to carry a knife for SD, Id strongly suggest reading up on where to apply it for best results. My attacker was underwhelmed and nearly bled to death before he figured out I wasnt throwing weak punches and he was losing the fight.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Ive used a ZT350  for self defense. I replaced it with 2 more ZT350s the following week . And I eventually hope my original 350 will be returned. I like ZTs, carry it everyday all day. If you're going to carry a knife for SD, Id strongly suggest reading up on where to apply it for best results. My attacker was underwhelmed and nearly bled to death before he figured out I wasnt throwing weak punches and he was losing the fight.
View Quote
I carry a modded 0300 with wave feature added. Great knife. The 0350s are a little short for my liking.

Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:09:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I carry a modded 0300 with wave feature added. Great knife. The 0350s are a little short for my liking.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ive got a 300, its too big for EDC.  I used to carry it, chews up my jeans under my fall harness so I bought a 350. Id much rather carry a longer blade, but realistically if I have to use a bade again I'll be cutting biceps in half and attacking joints.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:29:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Ive got a 300, its too big for EDC.  I used to carry it, chews up my jeans under my fall harness so I bought a 350. Id much rather carry a longer blade, but realistically if I have to use a bade again I'll be cutting biceps in half and attacking joints.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you need a 562. That slicer grind
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 11:51:04 PM EDT
[#22]
RAT model 1 or the smaller model 2
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 12:22:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Rest of the story please.
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 3:32:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

was going to post this
Link Posted: 11/3/2015 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

was going to post this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

was going to post this

+1. I got a Spyderco Manix 2 G10 for $79. S30V, flat ground satin blade. I got mine from nationalknives.com.
Link Posted: 11/8/2015 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Get a used para2
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 2:05:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Gerber STL 2.0 small thin and light and less than $9 on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Gerber-STL-2-0-Knife-22-41122/dp/B000MG7FDW
Link Posted: 12/2/2015 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#28]
These are what I carry for the most part.

Daily is the Spyderco and usually the Tops or the karambit.

Link Posted: 12/2/2015 10:05:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you the guy that broke up a domestic assault at a hotel in Hawaii?

Link Posted: 12/3/2015 8:08:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 4:15:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ya
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya

Not long after reading your AAR and the newspaper articles I saw a 350 at my LGS. I bought it to commemorate your 350 that you will probably never see again.....
Link Posted: 12/5/2015 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Not long after reading your AAR and the newspaper articles I saw a 350 at my LGS. I bought it to commemorate your 350 that you will probably never see again.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ya

Theyre great knives. Id like to get mine back but Im not holding my breath, which was why I bought 2 more. I figure next April I should have the paperwork and 350 back.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top