Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2015 5:38:25 PM EDT
I am looking for an ESEE model with esee sized grip and an Izula sized blade. I already have the esee 4 and Izula love them.
Link Posted: 8/14/2015 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean something like this or an even larger grip?

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Larger grip like on the Esee 3 thru 5 but with an Izula blade. The ESEE 3 is closest but it's blade is still an inch longer than the Izula and Izula II
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#3]
The only "ESEE" that falls into the specifications you listed is the new "Camplore JG-3" the handle is thinner than the 3 but it doesn't have that GD-choil

This one was mine but a client liked it so I sold it to him:

Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
The 3 is about same thickness I think.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 10:58:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I think he wants an Izula with an ESEE 3 handle.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 4:44:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Larger grip like on the Esee 3 thru 5 but with an Izula blade. The ESEE 3 is closest but it's blade is still an inch longer than the Izula and Izula II
View Quote

What you want doesn't exist.  There is nothing in the standard ESEE lineup between the Izula II and ESEE 3.  

Honestly, having handled a 3 and owning an Izula and a 4, I don't think I'd want any shorter of a blade on an ESEE 3 sized handle, but that's me.  

As another posted mentioned, take a look at the new Camplore line from ESEE.  Or, you could talke a look at BattleHorse knives. They make a wide variety of smaller bladed knives, maybe you could find something in their lineup that worked for you.

ETA:

There are plenty of one man operations that perform regrinds.  I'm sure you could take a stock ESEE 3 and find someone to grind it down for you.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#7]
You could always get an ESEE 3 and send it to someone to re-profile the blade down to an Izula sized blade.

Norther Knives in Alaska offers blade reprofiling. I had them do a pocket hook on my ZT 0200, and it looks like it came from the factory with the hook already done.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:49:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the ideas yall. I really appreciate it, had no idea about blade reprofiling
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 1:27:51 AM EDT
[#9]
DPX HEST original

Get one made by Rowen. It's exactly what you want
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 8:32:50 AM EDT
[#10]
That Hest looks awesome and pretty much exactly what I am looking for!

Thnx a ton!
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 11:33:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thnx a ton!
View Quote

No problem, I had the same dilemma and was stoked when I found the HEST. I gave my dad my Izula 2 and carry my HEST everywhere, its a beast. Just make sure to get a Rowen made one so you get the good sheath/steel.

Here's on for 15% off, they only have one left tho. It'd where I got mine

https://www.theknifeconnection.net/dpx-gear-hest-original-made-by-rowen-mfg.-fixed-blade-tactical-outdoor-knife-with-skeletized-handle-and-green-canvas-micarta-scales/
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 12:54:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I'd suggest taking a look at the swamp rat rodent 3, I have the rodent 4 and it is one tough blade.  Plus it doesn't have the hook at the end of the handle of that Hest blade.

Swamp Rat 3
Link Posted: 9/5/2015 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Thnx a ton!
View Quote

I have a HEST 2 that I massaged with a Dremel... (Link)

"Before" photo with an ESEE-3 >>>

Link Posted: 9/5/2015 10:19:19 PM EDT
[#14]
If you like the HEST but don't like the spike, DPx makes the HEFT.  Lionsteel makes the blade for DPx.  I liked the one I had but sold it because I couldn't bring myself to use it when I have a beater Rat-3 that pulls the same duty.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top