Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2015 12:55:52 PM EDT
I haven't seen a post regarding these guys, so I thought I'd post my new acquisition. These guys are part of what was formerly Blind Horse Knives, I think.

I was looking for a small fixed Blade that would be good for general purpose, mainly outdoors, and so camping/bush utility was a good fit.

This is the "Great Plainsman" model, and I'm really happy with it so far. Im considering getting one for my wife, as she was intereated in carrying one around. I believe it is D2 steel (less corrosive/semi-stainless(?)), and dyed bone handle, although the micarta and stag options were tempting, as well.
Anyone that has this brand, feel free to post up!

I think my field watch and this knife will get to be good friends.

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 2:58:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one, the Patriot model.  It's a great little pocket fixed blade.  

Link Posted: 6/6/2015 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one, the Patriot model.  It's a great little pocket fixed blade.  

http://www.harrystone.net/posted/patriot.jpg
View Quote

I like that one! How has it performed for you?
Holds an edge pretty well?
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 7:44:12 PM EDT
[#3]
It's been great, I've only used it for light pocket knife type stuff.  It's typical D2, nice and toothy.  Edge retention is just what you'd expect.  I wish the knife had a lanyard hole and that's my only nitpick.  I might make a kydex sheath for it some day.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2015 4:09:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes Blind horse separated into LT Wright And Battle Horse Knives. I am a Battle Horse fan. I just Got back from Blade 2015 great offerings from both of them.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 10:14:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes Blind horse separated into LT Wright And Battle Horse Knives. I am a Battle Horse fan. I just Got back from Blade 2015 great offerings from both of them.
View Quote

Oh nice! I bet that was a good time. Sounded like a lot of cool stuff was going on there.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 8:19:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Oh nice! I bet that was a good time. Sounded like a lot of cool stuff was going on there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

its the shot show of the knife world
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Really dig yours and the field watch too.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:42:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Really dig yours and the field watch too.
View Quote

Thanks so much, man!
I haven't got to use the knife too much yet, but still really happy with it. The watch is just one one been building a couple models of in my spare time. Might have an extra sometime soon if you're ever interested. I have a "BOT field watch" thread over one the General > Watches section.
Page Armory » Blades
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top